028

Crush

“It has been a quite a while, hyungs.” Jaehyun mused as they stepped out of the locker rooms, the three were at the campus, they were playing basketball earlier with some other students and alumni.

“Should we grab something to eat?” Chanyeol asked as he put the hood of his hoodie on, Kai nodded.

“We should try that new tonkatsu place near your place, hyung.” Kai suggested, Jaehyun was about to react when a taxicab halted right in front of them.

“Did anyone call for a~” Kai paused when he saw a familiar face sliding down the public vehicle.

“Noona, are you okay?” Jaehyun’s question sounded funny, he was probably thinking that Alessa was sick since she was riding a cab.

“Hi.” She breathed, they noticed how disheveled she was, she wasn’t like her usual calm and collected self.

“What brings you here?” Chanyeol spoke, he was a little confused at the girl’s get up. She was clad in a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a sweatshirt that had her family’s company logo emblazoned across her chest.

“I need your help.” She blurted as she faced him. Chanyeol was quick to nod at her, he gently steered away from the side of street.

Jaehyun and Kai elbowed each other, grinning like little devils.

“Okay, what do you~”

“Chanyeol, I need you to be in my office. Right now.” She stated, Chanyeol grew confused.

“Did we have an appointment?” He asked, Alessa shook her head, she glanced around them and saw his motorbike parked across the street.

“Alessa, is something~”

She shook her head at him, she took hold of his hoodie’s sleeve and started pulling him towards his bike.

“You want to ride~”

“Less talk. Let’s move now.” She actually whined, Chanyeol puffed his cheeks, he took out his key and handed her his extra helmet.

“Just…hold on to me.” He said before mounting the vehicle, Alessa blinked at him, somehow her idea had backfired on her.

What? I need to hold on to him?

Chanyeol looked at her, she could feel his gaze on her from behind his helmet’s face shield.

“Alessa, we can take cab instead if you’re uncomfortable~”

Alessa shook her head at him before helping herself onto the bike, she wobbled briefly but she held on Chanyeol’s waist as they sped away from the building.

Well, guess who's in ing trouble now.?

 

 

“Your sister must be busy today.” Ahee commented as Lucas put his phone down, he had been trying to reach his sister after she sent him an odd message.

Don’t wait for me. Leave my office. Call you later.

“Why would she want us to leave her office? Why can’t she just call?” Lucas murmured to himself as he leaned back on the couch.

Ahee glanced back at him and smiled, she was standing by the glass shelves, looking at the photos and other achievements under the eldest Wong’s belt.

“Your sister’s amazing.” Ahee murmured, then her eyes spotted a family photo, she recognized the familiar Shanghai horizon behind the Wongs.

“This was taken last year, huh? You went home for Christmas.” She spoke, Lucas stood up and walked towards her. He looked at the photo and smiled.

“No wonder why you and unnie look like that, your parents are…wow.” Ahee chuckled as she studied the Wong elders. Mister Wong looked could pass a handsome Chinese actor from the eighties while their mother could win Miss Korea if she wanted to.

“Noona takes after my mother a lot, personality wise too.” Lucas joked, Ahee paused.

“Your mother and unnie are similar? Should I be afraid?” She murmured, Lucas chuckled and wrapped his arms around the girl.

“Nah, eomma’s not like that. I think. I mean, she’s never really talked to me about things like this, but pa, I’m sure pa will like you.”

 

 

Seolah leaned on the table, she held onto her cup of coffee before facing the male before her again. He was busy typing on his laptop while checking the photos he had given her.

“So, you’re saying, it all started because of that project? The one they’re doing the groundbreaking of today?” He asked her.

“Yes, I mean at first I thought they just go along well, there were rumors that Alessandra Wong was a little difficult to deal with. So, I was happy that things seem to be going smoothly.”

The male looked up briefly and nodded, signaling for her to continue.

“But that wasn’t the case?” He asked her, Seolah nodded back.

“I should have known actually,”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I’ve known Alessandra since I was a student, we were classmates once in college.” She started, the male looked at her.

“Really?”

“Yes, at first we were good friends, although, she didn’t really get along with everyone.”

“Ah, so you had history?” The reporter asked, Seolah exhaled before speaking.

“She did the same thing to me before.”

“Same thing?” He repeated, a little confused. Seolah took a small sip from her coffee before giving him a small sad smile.

“She took my boyfriend from me three years ago, and she was actually laughing at me while doing that.”

“Yes?”

“What’s happening now, it’s like history is repeating itself.”

“So, you’re saying, vice president Wong has done this before? Taken away your special someone?”

“Yes, and this time, she has her eyes on my fiancé.”

 

 

Dylan swallowed as a Bentley Continental slowly pulled over in front of WongShen Korea’s curb. His eyes went to the convoy of black sedans behind it, he puffed his cheeks. He saw the directors from different departments scramble out of the lobby to greet the lady in the car.

And then she appeared, Dylan looked up and watched as the lady slid down from the vehicle.

“Nice to see you, madam.” One director greeted her warmly, the lady gave him a small nod of acknowledgement before moving forward.

“Ayi.” Dylan spoke as he walked towards her, the lady paused and gave him a smile.

“Wang Hedi, I didn’t know you were still here. Did Alessa tell you I was coming?”

Dylan smiled and nodded, he offered his arm to the lady.

Of course, she did. She yelled at me to get my here.

“But ayi, why did you rush here? Don’t you want to rest first? Or lunch?” Dylan paused before they could reach the doors. He bit his lip, mentally willing the elder to agree.

“I’m fine, it was a good flight, quit distracting me, Dylan.” She said, Dylan flinched, he sighed and faced the lady.

“Ayi~”

Then a loud screeching noise made them both turn their heads, even her bodyguards grew a little concerned as they moved closer to the two.

Dylan’s eyes widened as he saw the BMW motorbike pull over right across them, his eyes went to the other passenger.

Alessa was the first one to remove her helmet as soon as she got down from the bike.

“Alessandra!” Her mother’s tone was reprimanding; her only daughter was riding a motorbike with a stranger.

Dylan saw Chanyeol tilt his head, and then he started to unstrap his helmet, revealing his face. Alessa saw how recognition hit her mother, her brows rose as she looked at Chanyeol.

“Eomma, why didn’t you call? I would have waited for you at the airport.” Alessa said, her tone cool and measured. Mrs. Wong let out a small smile and gave her daughter a shrug.

“Where were you? Out with your friend?” She asked as she turned to Chanyeol, Alessa halted, she was about to shield Chanyeol but the male sidestepped her and approached the elder with a confident smile.

“Nice to meet you, Mrs. Wong. I’m~”

“Park Chanyeol, I know, I saw the scandal.” She finished for him before taking his offered hand, Alessa balked at her mother. But Chanyeol grinned back and nodded.

“I’m sorry about that, Mrs. Wong. Alessa and I, we’ve been trying to fix that.”

“It’s fine, you don’t have to apologize.” She nodded with a small smile, from behind them, Dylan grew impressed.

It was like this man was immune to the Wong women’s difficult personalities.

“Actually, ma, I—wanted to discuss something with you.” Alessa blurted out, Dylan’s brows went up. Way up.

“What is it? Alessa, I’m sure it can wait, let’s go inside~”

“Wait!” Alessa yelped, her mother was looking at her oddly, even Chanyeol was confused.

“Actually, Chanyeol…and I…” She stuttered, Dylan started to grow amused. She was up to something. Anything just to distract her mother from Lucas and Ahee.

Chanyeol looked at her, he noticed how she had curled her fists so tightly that both had gone so red. He chewed on his lower lip before reaching out to open her right palm, he gave it a small squeeze before letting go.

“What is it, Alessa?” The lady sighed, and then she did it.

I must be out of my mind.

This is what I meant when I said we didn’t need a male heir.

Wong Yukhei!

Alessa turned to Chanyeol, she tugged on the sleeve of his hoodie so that his face would be in level with hers, Chanyeol was about to react when he felt her lips press against his cheek briefly.

Dylan almost dropped his phone.

“The scandal…isn’t just a scandal. There’s some truth to it.” Alessa stated with a small bashful smile. On the other hand, Chanyeol was just staring at the girl, eyes wide and mouth agape.

“Really?” Mrs. Wong said, everyone could tell she was genuinely surprised.

“Yes,” Alessa simply nodded before hooking her arm around Chanyeol’s.

Work with me here!

It took Chanyeol a few seconds to recollect himself, and then a smile shy smile appeared on his face as he wrapped one arm around Alessa.

“Yes, it’s true.”

 

“Well, I guess my job here is done.”Dylan mused to himself before going inside the building.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++