032

Crush

Alessa flinched as she pulled back, Chanyeol was looking at her intently.

“No.” She breathed.

“Alessa, I~”

“Don’t. Don’t..speak.” She said to him, Chanyeol’s forehead creased.

“We don’t need to do this anymore. It’s done, game over.” She said quickly before stepping away from him.

Chanyeol mentally panicked, what he just did was unacceptable. He shouldn’t have done that.

“Alessa~”

“Thank you for being here, but I have to go.” Alessa said without meeting his gaze, she turned for the elevators and walked away from him.

Chanyeol exhaled and scratched the back of his head.

Bad move, Park Chanyeol.

“That was really brave, vice chairman.” Alessa’s secretary approached him, he paused.

“I shouldn’t have done that,”

“It’s quite obvious, sir.” He said quietly, Chanyeol looked away.

“You have feelings for the vice president. That explains everything.” The male said politely.

“She won’t avoid me after this, right?” Chanyeol murmured, the male paused before speaking.

“Please wait at least five to seven business days, that’s how the vice president handles things. But, you…I mean this, is different, so, I don’t know.”

Chanyeol shook his head.

“But at least she didn’t slap you, I’ve seen worse, sir. Then,” He gave him a polite bow before walking away from him.

“Was that supposed to make me feel better?” The tall male murmured to himself before walking back to the exit doors.

 

 

Alessa exhaled as she stepped out of the elevator.

Nope. Nope. That did not just happen.

Why is he taking this so seriously?

This ends here. This crush has to end!

“Alessa,”

She halted and saw her mother waiting for her by her office’s doors, Alessa’s forehead creased before approaching the elder.

“I thought you already took care of it.” Mrs. Wong stated as they walked in the room,

“Ma, what do you want me to do? Break them up?” She replied evenly as she leaned against her desk, her mother looked at her as if she was sick.

“What else should you do? Have you even checked on that girl?” Her mother shook her her head as she set her purse down.

Alessa exhaled and shook her head before speaking.

“Ma, why not let him be? I mean, he’s doing well in school, he’s been~”

“Do I really need to explain why?” Her mother asked sharply, Alessa met her gaze.

“Fix this, Alessandra. Or else, I will.”

“Ma, Ahee isn’t like that, she’s~”

“Like that? So, you already know what I’m talking about.” Her mother said as she picked up her purse again.

“She’s not how you see other girls, ma. She’s~”

“Get rid of her. If you can’t, then tell me. I’ll do it for you.” Mrs. Wong stated flatly before leaving her office, Alessa sighed and sat down on her seat.

“I don’t have the energy for this. Nope. Not today.” She was about to lean over to switch on her computer when she saw her reflection on the screen.

She was blushing like a tomato, she groaned as she pressed one finger against her lips.

“Of all places, he had to do it at the lobby!”

 

 

Dylan strolled in the house and paused when he realized how quiet it was. He looked around and remembered that the Wong matriarch was probably visiting, he made his way to Alessa’s room and was stunned to hear her shouting.

“Jie, how could you do this?!”

“Lucas, there’s nothing to think about. Break up with her!” Alessandra snapped, Dylan hurriedly approached the door and saw the two siblings arguing.

“Do you even hear yourself right now, jie?” Lucas shot back.

“You’re with someone way below us, Lucas. What would others say?” She retorted, Dylan grew confused.

What was his friend his saying? Alessa genuinely liked Ahee.

“So, in the end, you’re just like everyone else in this family, Alessandra Wong,” Lucas said to her, Alessa shook her head at him.

“I’m just stating facts, Lucas. You and Ahee wont even last. She’s not suited for this family.” She pointed out and crossed her arms. Lucas started to shake his head, Dylan could see the hurt in the younger Wong’s eyes.

Lucas hadn’t expected this from his sister. He thought everything was good between Ahee and Alessa.

“Cut it off while you still can, you don’t know how girls like her would cling~”

“Stop!” Lucas shouted back, Alessa tensed, she swallowed.

“I wont allow you to speak of her that way, jie. We’re done here.”

“Yukhei~”

“I never asked anything from you, jie. And this one time, you couldn’t even take my side.” Lucas said before turning away from him, Dylan pressed himself against the wall as the male passed. Moments later they heard the front doors shut loudly and a black Rover was careening away from the property. Alessandra exhaled and slumped back on the sofa.

“What was that?” Dylan asked as he walked in the room.

“I had to.” She replied.

“Lao po, you went overboard. You don’t hate the girl, I thought you~”

“Ma wants me to break them up, and I don’t do that. She will. And you know my mother, Dylan.” Alessandra met his gaze briefly.

“What are you going to do?”

“I hope Ahee’s strong enough for this. I hope she wins against me.”

 

 

Chanyeol exhaled as he looked at the house’s front door, the security had let him in a few minutes ago. And now he was thinking of backing out, which was so unlike him.

He had been trying to reach Alessa since yesterday afternoon, but she never picked up or returned his messages.

Which bothered the hell out the Park heir, he knew he had offended her and he wanted to apologize.

He was wrong.

He shouldn’t have done that.

“Oh, Chanyeol?”

He looked up, Mrs. Wong had just step out of the house, he noticed that a Bentley Continental was waiting for her a few steps away.

“Oh, Mrs. Wong.” He said with a smile as he walked towards her.

“Does Alessa know you’re already here? She’s inside.” She said to him.

“W—Well, I didn’t exactly call before coming here. Are you off to somewhere?”

“I’m meeting some old friends; why don’t you go inside? I’ll ask the kitchen to prepare some snacks.”

“Mrs. Wong, you don’t~”

“Just go inside, you’re always welcome here.” She smiled and patted his hand before getting inside his car, Chanyeol didn’t notice how the elder’s chauffeur was stunned to see the madam’s warm interaction with him.

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks as he walked in the house, one of the maids told him that Alessa was at the pool. He gave her a quick nod before making his way towards the poolside and was confused.

No one was there. Not even Dylan.

He was about to walk back to the house when he heard water rustling, he turned back and saw Alessa pulling herself up from the water, she held onto the metal railings for support.

And then her eyes widened when she saw him, Chanyeol blinked back.

“Chanyeol.” She blurted out, Chanyeol gave her a small smile before picking up a nearby towel and walking towards her.

“I guess this is a bad time.” He said as she took the towel from him and he politely looked away.

“N—No, no. Have you had breakfast?” She asked him while glancing back at the house.

Oh my god, who let him in?!

“Alessa,”

No, I do not want to talk.

It’s too early for this.

I’m not even clothed properly!

“I just..want to apologize for yesterday, I didn’t..know what..” Chanyeol stopped, Alessa swallowed, praying for him to continue so that he would leave right away.

“You know what, let’s just eat.” Alessa said helplessly, she tugged the towel closer to her frame.

“No. I know what I did.” Chanyeol spoke again, Alessa faced him.

“Yeol, it’s fine, forget it. It’s~”

“No, it’s not fine, Alessa. You should..know this.” Chanyeol said, his voice deeper than the usual, Alessa met his gaze evenly.

“Chanyeol, you don’t have to~”

 

“I like you. I like you best.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++