031

Crush

Dylan exhaled as he saw the Maserati sedan pull over across the café he was in. Chanyeol slid down from the car and went around to open the door for Alessa.

“Did things go well?” He murmured, and then he saw Alessa smiled and shake her head at the other male.

“Hmm, it did.” He grinned to himself. He stood up from his seat and stepped put the café.

“Don’t overthink, Alessa. It’s fine.” He heard Chanyeol say as they neared him, Dylan looked at his friend.

“Still, it might put you in a difficult situation.” She replied, Chanyeol scrunched his nose at her and shook his head.

“I’ll see you.” He said while reaching out to cup the side of her head briefly, he gave Dylan a polite nod before walking back to his car.

“How did it go?” Alessa turned to her friend.

“How did it go?” Dylan replied while wiggling his eyebrows at her, Alessa hissed and slapped his arm.

“I managed to distract them, but don’t think that’s it for Lucas.”

“Why?”

“He knows something’s up, laopo. Your brother knows you well.” Dylan said with a shrug, Alessandra sighed and shook her head.

“Dylan, I’m afraid what ma will do once she finds about her.”

“Why do you think so? Did she say something?”

Alessa nodded and puffed her cheeks.

“She asked me why I let their relationship continue. And that’s not a good sign. You know that.”

“Oh, I guess Chanyeol will have to stay longer then.” He chuckled, Alessa slapped his arm again.

“Hey, you’re lucky he played along. Not all guys would be willing to face your mother.”

“It’s weird, he gets along with her.” Alessa shuddered.

“Alessa, it’s already weird that he gets along with you, you know.” He pointed out, he received another slap on the arm.

 

 

Chanyeol walked into his home with a small smile on his face, he was about to remove his coat when he saw his mother standing by the staircase.

“Eomma,” He blinked before giving her a quick hug.

“What brings you here? You should have called.” He said to her, Mrs. Park shook her head and gestured for her son to follow her.

“We met Seolah today, son.”

Chanyeol paused, his brows rose up for a short moment.

“She said..some interesting things about Alessa.” She said as they entered the living room, Chanyeol saw his father, enjoying a cup of coffee while browsing through a magazine.

“What did she say?”

“She said…that she knew Alessa back in the day, during college.”

“And that she stole her boyfriend?” Chanyeol continued, the Park elders noticed how their son’s forehead furrowed deeply as he spoke.

“Yes, she said that.” Mrs. Park said, Chanyeol shook his head and leaned back on the sofa.

“She doesn’t want to stop the wedding, Chanyeol-ah. Wouldn’t it be better if you talk to her?”

The young man paused, he chewed on his lower lip before nodding.

“I’ll call her tomorrow.”

“Good, where were you today?” His mother asked with a smile, Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

“Me? I—I was out for lunch with..some friends.” He said hastily, his father eyed him questioningly.

“Anyway, shall we all go out for dinner?” He asked the elders.

“Just tell us, son. You were out with miss Wong.” Mr. Park said dryly, Chanyeol blinked at him.

Mrs. Park laughed and shook her head.

“Well?” Mr. Park leaned forward.

“Fine. I was. We had lunch.” He shrugged before standing up, the elders grinned at each other.

“Then, son, how about you invite her to dinner? She’s a nice young lady, I would love to get to know her better.”

 

 

Alessandra was leaning against the wall as she watched her younger brother greet their mother with a hug.

“How come jie didn’t tell me you were home?”

“Your sister had something important discuss.” She said before patting his cheek, Lucas’s eyes turned to his sister.

“Right. Her boyfriend.” He said while raising his brows at her, Alessa gave him a shrug.

“So, you’ve met him.” Mrs. Wong spoke, Lucas nodded with a huge smile on his face.

“Chanyeol hyung is a miracle, he managed to~”

“Okay, let’s stop there. How’s pa?” She said as she joined them.

“He sends his regards, right now he’s in Moscow for work. He’ll probably follow me here in a few weeks.”

“Good, it’s been a while since the four of us actually saw each other, face to face.” Alessa stated, Lucas chuckled.

“How about you invite Chanyeol over for dinner sometime? I’d like to get to know him better, his parents too.”

Wow, shoot me now.

“Sure, I’ll bring it up with him.” Alessa let out a smile just to make her mother believe.

“Then, ma, can I invite some of my friends too?” Lucas interjected, Alessa’s eyes went to him.

No. No.

You cannot!

“Sure, the more the merrier, right?” Mrs. Wong nodded before taking a sip from her wine, Alessa saw how her mother’s brows raised briefly before setting her glass down.

 

 

“No, I can’t do that. My schedule’s full as it is.” Alessa said to her secretary as they walked towards the entrance doors.

“Yes, I’ll send them an email regarding that, vice~” He paused when he saw Chanyeol approaching them.

Look at this fool.

Walking around looking like that.

Broad and tall.

And handsome.

Huh. How do I get out of this?

Alessandra chewed on the insides of her cheeks before giving him a small smile.

“What brings you here this early?” She asked him.

“Since we’re doing this, my parents will find out too.” He told her while offering his arm to the girl. Alessa hesitated briefly but she hooked her arm around his.

“This is exactly why I told you we should think of a way to break up.” She murmured as she gestured for the male to walk with her, Alessa’s secretary smiled to himself before stepping away from them.

“It’s not like that, my mom likes you.”

Alessa blinked at him before shaking her head, she exhaled.

“How did it go? Did your mom buy it?” Chanyeol asked they entered the building, Alessa felt his palm on her back.

“Yeah, she wants me to invite you over for dinner at home. Should I?” She glanced at him, Chanyeol chuckled.

“Are you game for that? My family~”

“Noona.”

She paused and turned behind them, Lucas walking towards her with a smile on his face. Alessa noticed someone familiar trailing behind him, she halted.

“Lucas,”

“Is ma in? Our classes got cancelled, so I decided to introduce her to ma before we head back.” Lucas said cheerfully, Chanyeol’s eyes widened, he turned to Alessa.

“Hi, unnie and sunbae.” Ahee greeted them with a smile.

“Hey, why don’t you two..get out?” Alessa asked them, Lucas turned to her, confused.

“I mean, ma wont be here this morning, she has~” Alessa felt Chanyeol move beside her.

“Good morning, Mrs. Wong.” He spoke in his usual polite tone, Alessa closed her eyes briefly.

“Ma,” Lucas turned to the elder, Alessa slowly stepped aside and positioned herself behind Chanyeol.

Should I make a run for it?

I keep on saying that lately.

“Oh, you three are here.” Mrs. Wong spoke, Ahee looked at the woman, she had an entourage of four bodyguards behind her and his secretary stood on her right.

Ahee swallowed and peeled her eyes off the lady, meeting Alessa for the first was terrifying for her, but seeing Mrs. Wong in the flesh was another story.

“Ma, I’d like to introduce Ahee. My girlfriend.” Lucas said before taking Ahee’s hand and pulling her forward.

Alessa sighed, still not moving behind Chanyeol. While the latter grew amused, Alessa was hiding behind him.

Alessandra Wong was hiding.

“Hmm.” Mrs. Wong’s eyes went to the girl, Ahee tensed. Chanyeol reached behind him, his fingers wrapped around her wrist and gently pulled her forward.

“Yeol.” She almost whined, but her eyes focused on her mother. And then that was when she realized, Ahee was going to suffer.

“Good, now, take her out of my sight.” Mrs. Wong said in her usual flat tone before moving forward.

Lucas froze, Ahee was stunned.

“Jie, what~”

“I told you to get out.” She sighed before taking out car key and tossing it to him.

“Jie, this isn’t~”

“Leave your car here, take mine. Ma can’t trace my car.” She said simply, Chanyeol frowned, Alessa sighed.

“Jie~”

“Just go, Lucas. Don’t bring her around ever again.” She turned away from the two and walked straight towards the elevator.

Chanyeol glanced at the young couple before choosing to jog after Alessa.

“Alessa, Lucas and~”

“Yeol, it’s fine. You should go. You don’t want to see this.” She faced him, but Chanyeol shook his head.

“I can help you.” He said as he cupped her cheek, Alessa was about to protest but he spoke again.

I can’t help but want you.

“Alessa, I want to help. This isn’t because I got dragged into this, it’s not your fault. I don’t blame you for anything.”

I like it. I like this arrangement.

Alessa closed , her eyebrows knitted together.

“Should we give them another distraction?” He asked her, Alessa paused.

“What? Should we tell them that we already have kids?” She muttered under her breath, Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“No, this.” He said before leaning forward to press his lips against hers.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++