012

Crush

“He is so going to die.” Kai said as he looked at his friends, Chanyeol had one arm wrapped around the Wong heiress, and she looked uncomfortable as hell.

“Wait, he doesn’t know.” Suho murmured, Kai shook his head.

“The semester Alessa joined us, hyung was away for training. He was in China. Ironic.” He grinned, but then he sighed.

Alessa looked at the girl standing across them, then Chanyeol moved, he looked down to meet her gaze evenly.

“I’ve been waiting for you to arrive, let’s talk outside.” He said with a smile as he took her hand in his and started pulling her towards the patio doors.

Idiot, we arrived together.

She noticed how the male glanced back at the girl again before looking away.

“Alessandra Wong.” She heard the girl say softly, Alessa exhaled and just let the male pull her along.

They reached the pull side, Chanyeol faced her and he let go of her hand. Alessa puffed her cheeks, her forehead creased briefly.

“Alessa, I~”

“Now, I kinda want a drink.” She interjected, Chanyeol paused. She let out a breath before speaking again.

“You’re about to explain something really uncomfortable for you, and to be honest, what you did was confusing, however,”

Chanyeol blinked back at her, he felt like he was in a business meeting.

“You don’t have to explain. Just don’t do it again. Champagne?” She asked him, the male was surprised.

“She…She, She’s~”

“Chanyeol-ssi, champagne?” She asked him, Chanyeol closed his mouth and gave her a small nod.

“I’ll go get you one then.” She shrugged before turning away from him.

 

 

Alessandra padded towards the door, her face crumpled in annoyance.

What was that for?

Maybe I shouldn’t have come here.

I refused to be manhandled again.

She searched for the minibar and paused when she felt someone tap her on the back, she spun around and her brows rose.

“I didn’t know you were in Seoul.” The lady spoke to her, Alessa looked at her.

“I didn’t know we were in speaking terms.” She replied coolly, the lady chuckled and shook her head.

“Alessa, it’s been years now. I thought we were friends.” She said as she offered her hand to the girl, Alessandra paused.

“That’s something you decided on, not me.” She replied before calling for one of the servers, the girl laughed and shook her head.

“You never changed, huh?”

Alessa stopped, her jaw grew taut. She met the girl’s gaze evenly, from afar, Suho grew a little antsy. He was seeing the Alessa that not a lot of people could handle.

“Still the same person you wronged years ago, oh by the way,” Alessa said as a small teasing smile appeared on her face.

“Happy new nose.” She winked before walking towards the minibar.

 

 

Chanyeol chewed on his lower lip as he leaned against the balustrade, his phone was vibrating in his pocket. He knew whom it was, it was probably his mother. Telling him who was back in town.

He exhaled and crossed his arms.

“Here.”

He glanced to his left, Alessa had returned, he had a flute of champagne on hand.

“You didn’t get anything for yourself?” He asked her, she shook her head.

“You look like you need it more than I do.” She said quietly as the male took the drink from her. Chanyeol shook his head and looked at the pool, Alessa rubbed her palms together.

“I’ll just..go back inside.”

And leave you to your thoughts.

Please don’t speak.

Don’t speak.

“Alessa,”

Alessa halted, her lips curled over her teeth.

“Huh?”

“How is it? Being married?” He asked her, Alessa blinked slowly at him.

“What?”

“How does marriage feel like?” He turned to her and leaned against the balustrade behind him, he finished his champagne in one go.

How the hell would I know?

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be asking you something so personal.” He shook his head at her, Alessa grew more confused. She looked at him and noticed that he seems a little bothered, uncomfortable.

“Actually,” She cleared , Chanyeol faced her.

“Why don’t we go back inside? Kai’s probably wondering where you went.”

What did I just say?

Chanyeol’s brows rose, he started to grin at her.

“You hate being around me that much?” He said jokingly, Alessa started to panic.

“N—No. I—was just thinking that being out here i—is a little~”

Chanyeol laughed, he pushed himself off the balustrade and walked towards her.

“I was just joking, let’s go.” He said as he gestured for her to walk with him, Alessa chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“Come on, Alessa.” Chanyeol was smiling, Alessa felt his palm hover above the small of her back as they climbed up the steps to patio doors.

“Now I feel guilty for letting you get me a drink. You’re injured.” He said to her.

“It’s okay.”

Please don’t touch me.

 

 

Jinah looked at her husband and brother-in-law, amused.

“Wait, so, she bullied Alessandra before? How?” Baekhyun asked, Suho shook his head.

“Well, before school started, I was introduced to her, Samsung was working with WongShen in China that time. Then,”

“School begun and Seolah’s not used to having competition?” Jinah intervened, Kai nodded quickly.

“Right, she used to be super popular even in high school.” Baekhyun nodded along.

“So, when Alessa got in the picture, Seolah got annoyed. She viewed her as an enemy, she spread rumors about her, insulted her over and over again, but the mighty Alessa Wong never even glanced her way.”

“That must have fueled the fire.” Suho murmured as he leaned against his wife.

“Then, one day came, Seolah had someone…well, she paid a bunch of guys to follow Alessa at night.”

“Wow, petty.” Jinah blurted, Suho nudged her. Baekhyun grinned, interested.

“Alessa got…harassed, but luckily the police came. She was..beaten, you know.”

Jinah grew quiet, Kai puffed his cheeks.

“She’s lucky that the Wongs didn’t press charges, or else her family would have been wiped out of existence, but it still didn’t change the fact that, Seolah’s boyfriend left her so that he could court Alessandra.”

“So much drama.” Baekhyun said, Jinah hummed in agreement.

“Exactly, that’s why it’s never safe to have them in close proximity~” Kai paused when he saw Chanyeol and the Wong heiress walk back in the party.

The other three followed their gazes, Baekhyun’s grin grew wider.

“And now we have this giant who has been running away from his fiancé.” Jinah chuckled.

“Guess where the giant is looking at now, or, who he’s looking at.” Kai hummed, Suho sent his brother a look.

“Don’t even try that crap on Alessandra, she’ll kill you.” He stated, Kai laughed.

Suho looked at the two, Chanyeol was speaking with the girl, she nodded back, clearly listening to him as she studied the buffet table.

And then it happened.

 

She smiled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++