022

Crush

Alessa looked at her plate, she was trying to figure out how to eat the ginormous burger without being messy and not embarrassing herself in the process.

“Dig in.” Chanyeol looked up from his and grinned at her, she exhaled and puffed her cheeks before picking up a steak knife and fork. Chanyeol blinked at her and he chuckled.

Go ahead, judge me.

Sorry if I’m too prissy for you, but I’d rather~

Chanyeol took the utensils from her and slid her plate towards him. Alessa watched as he cut the burger into four equal parts cleanly, now they were easier to eat.

“You’re okay with burgers, right? I mean, I can order~”

“No, this is okay. I just haven’t eaten one in a while.” She said quickly as she picked up her fork, Chanyeol handed her a napkin before going back to his meal.

“The ground breaking is in two days’ time,” He said conversationally, she nodded as she chewed.

“The press will be there, a lot of media and some of them may want to interview us, are you good with that?” He asked her.

“Interview? Why?” She sighed, Chanyeol smiled to himself. He knew that the Wongs were a very private family, Alessa even flew to Seoul just because Lucas’s photo was uploaded on the news.

“Don’t worry, I already said no. They’re waiting for your reply though.”

“Well, I don’t~”

“Oppa?”

Chanyeol looked up and he paused, Alessa’s brows rose up briefly before continuing with her male.

“I dropped by your office later, I was hoping that we could talk.” She said to him, Chanyeol bit on his lip before glancing around.

“Can I join you guys?” She asked while pulling one of the chairs, Chanyeol nodded and gestured for her to sit. Alessa leaned back on her seat, her fork hovered over a French fry while she looked at her lap. Chanyeol looked at the girl, he could sense her discomfort and he wanted to know why.

“I didn’t know you two had a meeting, is it about the cultural center?” Seolah faced Alessa, the other girl looked at her.

“We were just talking about it.” The Wong lady replied coolly before taking a small sip from her juice.

“How is it? Is it easy working with Chanyeol oppa?”

Chanyeol’s forehead creased, Alessa shrugged at the girl before dabbing the napkin against the side of her lips.

“It’s not like it’s my first time doing this, Seolah-ya.”

“Well, this is a different country. You must have some difficulties too.” Seolah smile before calling the waiter and asked for menu.

“Of course, but, I’m assigned here now, I just have to take it.” Alessa nodded before taking a small bit of the beef patty.

“I know, you’re used to taking things, right?” Seolah asked, there was something in her tone that made Chanyeol halt. Alessa her lower lip before looking up from her plate.

“You know what,” Her eyes went to Chanyeol, the male faced her, anticipating.

“I should go, I promised Lucas that I’d cook for him. Thanks for this.”

Chanyeol grew concerned, he had driven the girl to the restaurant.

“Alessa, I can call my driver and~”

Seolah’s brows rose and her jaw grew taut, she pursed her lips and rolled her eyes.

“It’s fine, I can call Dylan. See you.” She said before stepping away from their table, Chanyeol’s eyes were still on her as she left the building.

“I’ve been trying to call you and I thought you were in a meeting.” Seolah spoke, Chanyeol looked at her, not knowing how to answer.

“Seolah, I..”

“Are you doing this on purpose? Because you want out?” She asked him.

“You know it’s not like that, don’t drag her into this.”

“You should be careful, oppa. You don’t know her like I do.”

 

 

Alessa had her arms crossed as a Lazuli Blue Rolls Royce Wraith pulled over in front of her, people were staring the vehicle as soon as it stopped.

“You need a ride?” Dylan asked her in a teasing manner, Alessa shrugged, she tossed her purse at him. Dylan grinned, he was about to get back on the driver’s seat when he noticed a familiar male looking at them.

The lady seated across Chanyeol was still speaking, and yet he was looking elsewhere.

“Well, I’m glad you called. Let’s go shopping.” Dylan chuckled softly before leaning over to kiss the girl’s cheek, Alessa groaned at him before getting in the car.

Chanyeol blinked, noticing that Dylan had caught him looking, he gave the male a small nod. Dylan nodded and waved back before getting in the car.

The moment she gets over you, if she ever does, you’re done for.

“What are you smiling for? Crazy idiot.” Alessa said as he drove away from the restaurant.

“What was that? The fiancé kicked you out?”

“I volunteered to leave. Shut up.”

“So, have you eaten?”

“I had a burger.”

Dylan chortled, Alessa was never a fan of greasy food, especially the ones you have to eat with your hands.

“That girl. Seolah. She looks like trouble.”

“Duh. She sent men to beat me up.” She replied shortly, Dylan’s brows rose up and nodded.

“Well, at least you didn’t run away from the dude when he asked you out to eat.”

“I should have. Dealing with him means I have to face Seolah too.” She stated as she leaned back on her seat and switched on the massage mode.

“Hey, shouldn’t she be thanking you for not pressing charges?”

Alessa didn’t reply, she just closed her eyes and put her phone back in her purse.

“Well, if you had, her family’s company would be pulverized.”

 

 

“We haven’t done this in a while,” Baekhyun said as the bartender brought their drinks.

“Right, hyung’s away, so, I don’t have anyone to bother.” Kai mused, Chanyeol shook his head at him before picking up his whiskey, he doesn’t drink from the glass, instead he just studied the amber liquid.

“You? What’s up with you, Lotte?” Baekhyun nudged him, he looked up.

“I’m okay. Working with~”

“Oh, hyung,”

The three looked up, Jaehyun, Lucas and Ahee were sitting right across them. Kai grinned and waved at the three.

“It’s strange, seeing another Wong at work, and now, Lucas.” Chanyeol mused. Kai glanced at his friend.

“You met Alessa today?” Kai asked him.

“I did.”

“Right, I think I did see her today too, I was at Shinsegae this afternoon, she was together with that man. The one who calls her wife.” Baekhyun chimed in.

“Dylan.” Kai chuckled, he knew the younger male, he was quite the character. He was like a combination of Alessa and Lucas, hot-tempered and reckless.

“Are they really married?” Chanyeol asked him, Kai’s grin grew wider.

“Why do you ask?”

“They have wedding rings on.” Chanyeol replied, his tone a little sharper than usual, even Baekhyun noticed it.

“Lucas is right over there, hyung. Ask him. I mean, no one really has asked about Dylan, he’s one of those few dudes who can approach Alessa with ease.” He shrugged as he slid down from his seat.

“What’s with you?” Baekhyun nudged his friend, Chanyeol looked at him before taking a small sip of his drink.

“What do you mean?”

“You said Seolah confronted you today. But you didn’t mention that you were with Alessa.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in shock. Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him.

“I’ve known you for years, you mentioned on the phone how Seolah..Well, it was obvious you were with Alessa, I mean, why would the other girl be so worked up?”

Chanyeol shook his head and glanced at the three youngsters across them, Lucas was laughing as Jaehyun almost spilled his drink across the bar.

“You know how this looks like, right? I mean, I understand that you and Alessa get along, she’s a great friend to you. Well, she managed to make you open up about your issues with Seolah.”

Chanyeol remained quiet, he pushed his glass away from him.

“Or, is there something else?” Baekhyun turned to his friend.

“What are you saying?”

“You keep on hanging out with Alessa, and no, don’t say that it’s because you’re working together. You took her out today.”

Chanyeol shook his head, Baekhyun could see how bothered his friend was.

“I..think,” Chanyeol started, they heard a loud crash from behind them. Jaehyun and Lucas looked up from their seats, Baekhyun turned to check what was going on.

“I’m in trouble. She’s different.” Chanyeol finished just as Kai’s cussing could be heard from across the whole bar.

 

 

Alessandra was massaging her left shoulder as she walked away from the pool, she had just finished her laps and was thinking about what she wanted to eat.

She had skipped dinner and finished the extra work she brought home, and took a short swim right after.

She removed her swimming cap, revealing her thick dark locks, she padded towards the table, the kitchen had prepared a light meal for her. Her nose scrunched as she saw the tuna salad and fresh spring rolls on the table.

“Now, I want red meat.” She murmured to herself as she plopped down, she looked around her and searched for her phone.

“I must have left it upstairs.” She stood up and put on her robe, she made her way towards the house when she saw one of the maids running towards her.

“Young miss! Young miss!” She was waving the wireless home phone as she rushed to her, Alessa paused.

“What is it?” She spoke to the lady as she took the phone.

“I—It’s the bartender from this…place called 861, young miss.”

Alessa recognized the bar’s name, she sighed and ended the call. Knowing full well what it was.

“Dylan!” She yelled as she got in the house, she made her way toward her room to change. She could hear Dylan speaking in Mandarin, Lucas had probably reached him.

“Alessa, it was Lucas!” Dylan announced as he got in the room, Alessa was changing inside her walk-in closet.

“I know!” She hissed, Dylan chuckled.

“It’s not his fault!”

“I don’t care!” She spat as she appeared, wearing a pair of high-waisted denim shorts and an oversized Balenciaga shirt.

“I’m driving.” She said to him as she got her purse and phone from her bed, she checked the screen and noticed the number of missed calls from her brother.

“Do we really need a male heir in the family? No?”

Dylan followed her out of the house, he was thinking about what Lucas said. Apparently, Kai got in a fight with one of the customers, it escalated quickly, Chanyeol and Baekhyun got involved too. And it pretty much grew a bigger mess from there.

“I probably shouldn’t mention that Lotte boy is there too.” He said to himself before hopping in the car with the girl.

“Alessa and Lotte boy.” He mused to himself with a huge smirk.

“What are you saying?” Alessa said crankily as they sped out of the Wong property.

“Nothing, I just hope no one’s hurt.” Dylan said as he fastened his seatbelt.

 

Well, she might kill me for not telling her, but nah, it’s worth it.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++