They Aren't On a Date

That Cold Wall Called Fate

Minho was already in his black car driving through the streets as fast (and carefully) as he could. He was worried about ~~~~'s health. All he heard in the end of the phone was ~~~~ making strange noises. He couldn't keep himself calm.

But the thing was, he didn't understand why he wasn't as calm as usual. It was only reasonable for him to be worried over ~~~~ because she was going to be his future wife, but why panic? He slowed down a bit and kept his school. Parking near a street, he rubbed his face with his hands. He just had to calm down.

Besides, ~~~~ has a boyfriend, right? He should probably be with her by now, Minho thought. He felt a bit sick, and so he rested his head on the palm of his head. As his brown orbs gazed through the crowd and couples coming out of the movie theater, his eyes suddenly shot wide open. He sat straight up and carefully examined at a familiar looking "couple" from afar. There was Myungsoo and Suzy, coming out of the theater with smiles on their face.

"What the…" Minho continued to stare and decided to spy on them. He took a swift glance at Suzy, who was smiling and cherishing the moment. He noticed how she was trying to grab his hand, but of course she backed out from embarrassment. Unconsciously, Minho took out his phone and started to snap photos of the two on their little "date."

Snap! Snap! Minho quickly hid his phone away and continued to drive without catching Myungsoo's or Suzy's attention. He felt a ball of anger burning in his lungs, but he didn't understand why.

What the heck is Myungsoo doing there with Suzy when ~~~~ is sick?! Minho thought, gritting his teeth with fury.

 

"I'm better now. You can go down and take care of the shop," I told my dad. My dad shook his head stubbornly and sighed.

"You're still sick. Honestly, why were you in the rain for a long time?" my dad questioned me. My fingers gripped on my blanket as I felt myself getting a bit angry at my dad.

"I told you, it's my fault. Don't blame Myungsoo for bringing me late. He even let me borrow his jacket," I told him. I just simply didn't understand him. Myungsoo is my boyfriend. I love him. So why doesn't my dad trust him? 

"I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just saying. Teenagers," my dad muttered. I sighed and collapsed on my bed. There was no way that I would get my point through with him. I just waved my hand and put my other arm over my head.

"Never mind, never mind. Just go. I'll call Myungsoo–" I paused, suddenly remembering that Myungsoo was on a date. "I'll call someone."

"You said Myungsoo's name. Why did you hesitate?" my dad asked. I shook my head.

"N-Nothing. No reason. Um, dad? Why don't you just go down and take care of stuff? I'll call my friends to help me," I told him, trying to push my dad away. My dad finally gave up and decided to leave me. He dropped in the old bell next to my bed.

"If you ever need anything, ring the bell," my dad said. I just nodded my head and threw my arm over my eyes. When I heard the door shut closed, I heaved a sigh.

I should get some sleep, I thought to myself. I rested my eyes and felt all the burning pain soothing down every time I breathed.

Suddenly, the door shot wide open and banged against my wall. 

"~~~~! Are you alright?" a familiar voice yelled. I groaned, and sat up.

"What on earth do you want from me, Minho?" I yelled furiously. I didn't need to look at Minho's face. He annoyed me so much, I remembered his own voice. It kind of creeped me out, yet I could tell apart that annoying voice anywhere at anytime.

"I heard that you were sick from your dad and then I heard you make really weird noises. I rushed here as soon as I could to help you–"

"I'm fine," I told him, gritting my teeth. "I just threw up, that's all–"

"Threw up?" Minho exclaimed in horror. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe you threw up without getting proper care! I'm calling my doctor and–"

Before Minho could do anything, I stood up from my bed and grabbed his phone. I held down the power button and waited for two seconds until his phone shut down. Then, I took out the batteries weekly and dunked it in the bowl of water on my drawer. I threw my warm towel in the bowl, too, as I bitterly glared at Minho.

"Okay, first of all, I don't need a doctor. I'm not that sick," I said, sitting back down at my bed. "Second of all, I don't need your help. I got Myungsoo. In fact, he's coming right now, so why don't you just leave?"

I grabbed my pillow and hugged it while my back was facing Minho. I was just sick of this guy. Why did he have to overreact so much? I just threw up. It's no big deal. Everyone throws up when they're pretty sick.

At that moment, I felt a pair of arms touch my shoulders. I shivered, and slowly turned my head around. My eyes slightly widened when Minho stared at the back of my head with sympathetic eyes.

"Stop lying," Minho mumbled. "Myungsoo isn't coming."

"He is," I lied. "I called him–"

"Well, he isn't a very good boyfriend then," Minho muttered bitterly. I turned my whole body to face Minho.

"And what makes him not a very good boyfriend?" I questioned him. I stiffened when Minho's eyes bore right through mine. My heart raced a little bit, but I'm sure that it was because I was scared of Minho's serious eyes.

"I saw him with Suzy at the movie theater. I'm sure that they're on a date," Minho explained. My heart no longer raced. My irritated expression faded into a horrified, pale look. I turned my back against Minho again, and bit my bottom lip from crying.

Suzy and Myungsoo are not on a date. They are not on a date, they are not on a date, I repeated, holding back my tears. 

But I still couldn't help myself but to think that Suzy and Myungsoo were on a date.