Stupid Marriage

That Cold Wall Called Fate

At twelve, I told my parents that I would take a walk. They insisted on me bringing Chang Hyun, but I told them that Chang Hyun was taking a "nap." Actually, Chang Hyun was watching Pororo, and if you interrupt kids who are watching Pororo…Well, let's just say that the outcome isn't as great as you'd think.

"~~~~!" someone called. I looked around until my eyes caught sight of Taemin grinning at me like an idiot. I smiled at Taemin gently and waved as he skipped towards me. For a second, he frowned. "Hey, you didn't reply to my text. I was kidding about the kicks. Well, not really, but then still. I said that I was sorry!"

I gave him a small smile. "I know, but then Myungsoo was texting me."

Taemin rolled his eyes. "Oh yes, you're boyfriend. By the way, how is he?"

"He's fine. Why?" I raised an eyebrow, as Taemin shrugged his shoulders. Taemin hardly cared about Myungsoo. 

"I don't know. Last night, I saw him with another girl. It was dark, so I'm not sure how she looks like. But I'm sure that they were sharing an ice cream. That's like an indirect kiss," Taemin said. I froze, and my eyes widened. Last night? After Myungsoo dropped me off?

"Um, Taemin, are you sure that he wasn't in front of my bakery shop?" I asked nervously. Taemin shook his had.

"No. He was at the new shop that just opened recently. You know, the shop you wanted to go to? The one where they sell all these cute girly stuff? ~~~~-ah, are you listening? Hello?" Taemin waved his hands in front of my face. I noticed, but I chose to ignore his hand.

Myungsoo? He was with Suzy last night? So last night, he didn't end his day with me. He ended it with Suzy. For a second, I felt my fingers twitch like it was begging to be rolled up into a fist. I calmed myself down and gave Taemin a crooked smile.

"Really? It was Myungsoo with another girl?" I asked him, raising my voice a bit. Taemin nodded his head back and forth, and then suddenly froze. His eyes enlarged and he turned to me.

"Hold up, I think I sense something. I sense a negative energy around you. It's…" Taemin broke into a grin. "Jealousy, yes?"

I blushed. Me? Jealous? Hah! No way! I would've laughed, but then my phone started ringing. I took my phone out of my pocket and stared at the caller. Taemin peaked at the caller's name, and widened his eyes.

"Who's that?" Taemin asked, staring at the unfamiliar number.

Oh yeah, I didn't put Minho in my contact list, I thought. I bit my bottom lip and picked up the call, ignoring Taemin.

"Hello–"

"Hey ~~~~, can you meet me during lunch today? I'd like to get to know you more," Minho randomly stated. It took me a few seconds for me to absorb what Minho had just said. Once I understood what he said, I kind of jumped. Taemin seemed to notice my shocked reaction because he leaned in closer to hear my conversation with Minho. I frowned at Taemin and waved my hand in front of his face, gesturing him to get out of my face.

"Uh, sorry. I'm a bit busy," I told him, scratching the back of my head. "Plus, I have a boyfriend."

I waited for two minutes for a reply from Minho. He never said anything back after I told him that I had a boyfriend. Taemin suddenly poked my arm and began to point at a specific direction. Annoyed, I shooed him away and gave him a glare. He pouted, as I continued to wait for Minho's reply.

"Minho? Are you there?" I asked. 

"H-Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm here. Er, I need to go. Bye." With that, Minho hung up. I frowned, and stared at my phone. What's up with him? I sighed, and dug my phone back into my pocket. Taemin frustratedly poked my arm again. I scowled.

"What do you want, Taemin?" I snapped. He pointed at the new shop we were just talking about before I talked to Minho. I looked up, only to find Myungsoo staring at the glass window. I smiled, and took a step forward. Taemin grabbed my arm and slightly tugged me back. I turned my head and gave him a strange look. He pointed at the same shop again. I looked back, and gasped.

Suzy came out with a small bag. She had a very bright smile, and playfully tapped on Myungsoo's back. Myungsoo looked up, surprised, and smiled at Suzy. I saw his mouth move, and watched Suzy give a nod in reply to whatever Myungsoo had said. 

"Um, ~~~~?" Taemin quietly called me. 

"What?"

"Your hand…" 

I glanced down at my hand, only to find my finger nails digging into my skin. I quickly shoved my hands in my pocket. "What about them?"

"They…Never mind. Do you want some ice cream? I know that you want some ice cream." Taemin wiggled his eyebrows to liven up the atmosphere. I stared down at my shoe and frowned.

"No, I don't want ice cream," I muttered. Then, shyly, I mumbled, "I want pie."

 

Minho stared at his phone, dumbfounded. He sounded like a fool. Or actually, he felt that he was a fool. He looked up at his father, who calmly sat across Minho.

"So? Is she coming for lunch?" his father asked. Minho narrowed his eyes.

"She has a boyfriend. You never said that she has a boyfriend," Minho muttered coldly. 

"Ah, yes, but her parents need the money. I thought that if I told you that she didn't have a boyfriend, you'd get along with her more…normally."

Minho made a fist. "I just sounded idiotic right then! I mean, I'm her fiancé, and I don't even know that she has a boyfriend. Are you mocking me?"

Minho's father just smiled and stood up. "Are you giving up on her, then?" Minho shook his head. "Then I am not mocking you. Please, just get to know her a bit more. Eventually she'll love you."

Minho sighed. He waited until his father left the room. Once his father disappeared, he ran his fingers through his smooth, brown hair.

This marriage…It's stupid.


500sunny500's Advertisement

Silly Dreams Review Shop || Oppas' Little Girl