Beating For A Stranger

That Cold Wall Called Fate

The next day, I woke up and found Minho gone. I frowned, curious of where he went. I didn't hear the water running, so I was sure that he wasn't in the bathroom. My frown turned to a smile when I saw Myungsoo toss and turn on the bed. I let out a small giggle and hugged my knees. 

He's so cute when he sleeps, I thought, blushing a bit. I slowly got out of the bed, making sure that I didn't wake up Suzy. I got down on the ground on my knees and dragged them quietly to Myungsoo. I put my arms on the other bed and rested my head against my arm. A small smile appeared on my face as I stared at Myungsoo's sleeping expression. It was amazing how he could make my heart race by doing nothing. I ran my fingers throw his smooth hair, wondering if he was going to wake up any minute.

At that moment, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I gasped, and whirled myself around. I let out a quiet sigh when I met Minho's curious eyes. 

Gently placing my right hand on my chest, I whispered, "Don't scare me like that!"

Minho just grinned. "And why not?

"What do you mean why not? I'm going have a heart attack or something! Next thing you know, I'm going to scream and wake everyone in this hotel up," I told him, getting up on my feet. Minho continued to smile and quickly grabbed my hand.

"Sure, sure, whatever. Let's go," Minho said. He was about to drag me out the door until I pulled him back. He frowned as I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked.

"That's a secret," Minho replied, putting his index finger on his lips.

"Are we going outside?"

"That's where I'm planning to take you."

"…Is it going to be cold?"

"Sure, it'll be chilly."

"…Let me change my clothes. I'll meet you on the deck," I said, rummaging through my luggage. Minho grinned and nodded his head in agreement as he left the room first. I took a deep breath, sighed, and headed to the bathroom after I grabbed my clothes.

 

After I took my shower and changed my clothes, I headed up the staircase until my feet landed on the deck of the boat. The ferry was pretty big, but fortunately, a lot of people were sleeping in their rooms. I easily spotted Minho through the misty fog and ran up to him. I decided to have some fun with him in the morning and quickly covered his eyes with my hands.

"Guess who!" I said in a different tone. I heard Minho scoff at me.

"Aren't you too old to do these kind of stuff?" Minho asked, pushing my hands away. I pouted.

"I do this all the time with Myungsoo oppa. I don't see what the problem is," I replied, blinking my eyes. He just smiled and pulled me closer to him. 

"It's pretty foggy, but you should be able to see the island. We're only a few hours away from it. I think we'll be there in between five and three hours," Minho guessed. My eyes lit up as I eagerly tried to find the island. I was only a few hours away from having a great time with Myungsoo. My heart pounded in excitement as I continued to stare out in the distance.

Suddenly, I began to feel uncomfortable. It was like as if someone was staring at me. Slowly, I turned to my right and met Minho's wide, bright eyes. I froze as our brown orbs locked together. It was really weird. I couldn't pull away. It seemed like Minho did something…like as if he possessed me or something. Before I knew it, I heard my heart pounding against my chest.

Wait.

My heart was pounding against my chest.

My cheeks went bright red and I quickly broke our eye contact. I quietly gasped for air and stared down at the sea. I began to feel a bit dizzy, and I was sure that it wasn't from sea-sickness. 

This was not happening to me. It just can't! I'm loyal to Myungsoo oppa! He's the only guy who I love! Heck, he's my boyfriend! How could I let my heart beat for a complete stranger? 

It's just Minho's looks, I told myself. There's no reason to panic. He just looks handsome, that's all.

But in the end, I wasn't convinced.