She Likes Him

That Cold Wall Called Fate

When I arrived at the café, the first thing I noticed was the scent of the strong coffee beans in the air. I made a note to myself to get some coffee after introducing myself to Myungsoo's so-called "friend."

Sure, you can say that I'm being a bad girl for not trusting my own boyfriend whom I've been dating for the past few years in middle school and high school, but you can't scold me for doubting my own boyfriend. Wouldn't you doubt your own boyfriend, too, if you got a text that said he would be picking up a she?

My eyes suddenly caught the attention of a sharp-eyed boy, who was smiling and chatting happily with…a girl. I would've glared at the girl if Myungsoo hadn't seen me. He looked up, smiled even brighter, and waved his hands up in the air. Suddenly, my doubts of Myungsoo cheating on me disappeared and was replaced by a delighted smile from me. I shyly waved up and walked up to Myungsoo.

"Hey Myungsoo oppa. You made me rush my morning because of your text earlier," I grumbled. Myungsoo smiled cheekily and patted a chair next to him. I took a seat and stared at the girl who was sitting across from Myungsoo. My eyes shined as I examined the beautiful figure. There was no doubt that she was beautiful. Her long, brown hair was tied up into a ponytail, and her smile almost glowed.

"Hello. I'm Suzy, Myungsoo's childhood friend," the girl greeted me, extending her hand. I smiled. She wasn't so bad after all. I shook her hand smoothly, and introduced myself.

"I'm Myungsoo's…" I paused. The scene of how bright this girl's eyes were wanted me to say something else other than that I was Myungsoo's girlfriend. I bit my lower lips, hesitating for a second. "I'm Myungsoo's…friend."

Why friend? I wondered to myself. Myungsoo nudged my arm with his elbow.

"Yah…You forgot to say the 'boy' part." Myungsoo pouted. I giggled, and shoved his elbow away softly.

"Then why don't you say that while I order coffee?" I suggested.

"No need! I ordered coffee for you!" Myungsoo exclaimed, pushing the cup of coffee he was holding in his hands. I raised an eyebrow.

"Where's yours, then?" I asked.

"I didn't order any. When I ordered coffee for you, I wanted it to be warm so I used my hand to warm it up a bit more," Myungsoo replied, blushing a bit.

I 'awed' at him and touched his hand that was closest to me. "I'm touched."

Myungsoo laughed, as I glanced at Suzy. My face twisted into a sympathetic expression. Suzy was staring at Myungsoo with her soft, brown eyes, as if it was the first time she heard him laugh like this. 

"You changed," she murmured. Myungsoo stopped laughing and blankly stared at her.

"Huh?"

Suzy blushed, and shook her head. She looked away from Myungsoo's gaze and pressed her lips together. Then, she managed to whisper a small, "Nothing," before taking another sip of her coffee. 

I decided to keep another conversation going to liven the atmosphere. "So…Suzy, where are you from?"

Suzy was just about to answer me before Myungsoo butted in. "She's from Busan. Well, she was born here, but she went to study at Busan. But now she's back!"

I rolled my eyes. 

"Idiot, I was talking to Suzy to get to know her. If you keep butting in for her, how else will I get to know her? Plus, you're the one who wanted me to be her friend!" I said jokingly. Suzy stifled a laugh, as Myungsoo pouted.

"You called me an idiot. That's mean," he mumbled. I sighed and ignored him. I focused my attention back at Suzy and gave her a goofy grin. Suzy her lips nervously and bit her bottom lips.

"Er, I'm sorry, but I haven't even gotten your name yet," Suzy replied shyly.

Oh yeah. How could I forgot to give her my name?! I wondered. I mentally scolded myself and giggled.

"My name is ~~~~. I'm Myungsoo's boyfriend," I said, emphasizing boy for Myungsoo. He grinned and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I would've blushed if Suzy didn't give me a that distant look. She seemed distracted and suddenly turned pale. I began to worry, and started to snap my fingers in front of her face.

"Suzy-ah…Suzy-ah…Are you alright?" I asked, calling her name a few time. Myungsoo smirked and pushed my hand away.

"You can't wake Suzy up like that. You have to do this," Myungsoo said. He suddenly began to lean closer to Suzy's face. For a second, I was scared that he was going to kiss her in front of me. I hitched my breath and stared at Myungsoo, whose lips were closer to Suzy's dumbfounded expression.

Don't tell me he's going to kiss her. Please don't tell me that he's going to kiss her! I pleaded in my head. I bit my bottom lips softly and stared at the intense scene. His lips were getting closer…and closer…and closer…

Suddenly, Myungsoo blew on Suzy's face. I raised an eyebrow, as Suzy snapped out of her thoughts. Her eyes enlarged as she stared at Myungsoo, who was only centimeters away from her face.

"Earth to Suzy~! You there?" Myungsoo whispered. He suddenly frowned. "You better stop spazzing out. My girlfriend is here and I don't want you to make a bad impression or anything!"

Suzy stared into Myungsoo's deep, dark eyes for a second. Then, she squeaked out a small scream and backed away. Her eyes widened and she bit her bottom lips hard. Myungsoo chuckled and sat back down next to me. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"See? That takes care of everything," Myungsoo said. I weakly laughed at him and stared at Suzy's red face. For a second, I felt butterflies in my stomach. 

Ugh. I need some coffee, I thought to myself. I sipped my coffee, and allowed Suzy to scold Myungsoo's behavior of waking her up from her thoughts. I glanced at Suzy once more, who still had cheeks red as a tomato.

She likes him. I know it.