First Lie

That Cold Wall Called Fate

You'd find it strange how your boyfriend, who is with another girl, can get so angry at you for being with another guy. Before I knew it, I was dragged out of the pie shop (I didn't even get to finish my pie). Myungsoo had unknowingly ditched Suzy in the pie shop, but I knew that she would be safe because Minho was there.

"Myungsoo oppa, stop–"

"Who was that guy? Give me every bit of information on him," Myungsoo demanded. He stopped walking, and turned to glare at me. I avoided his scary eyes and stared down at my shoes.

It's just Minho. Myungsoo would understand, right? I thought.

"His name is Minho, and he's a nice boy! Please don't tell me that you think I'm cheating on you. I'm not cheating on you! Minho and I met at my parent's bakery shop. For some strange reason, my mom wanted me to meet Minho. He's our best customer, and he asked me to have lunch with him," I explained.

"A lunch? So you're having pie for lunch?" Myungsoo asked. "That doesn't sound like a healthy lunch to me. What kind of guy is he?"

I stuck my tongue out. "Bleh. Who cares? I didn't feel like eating a meal. Plus, as I previously stated, he's a nice guy"

"Still…" Myungsoo paused for a moment, and then narrowed his eyes. "I still don't understand why you invited Minho instead of me to your little pie date."

My cheeks flushed. It's not a pie date!

"Because I saw you with Su–I mean, I thought you were busy. You know, because Suzy needs to settle in for a bit," I lied. I felt my heart crush into pieces. I lied to my boyfriend for the first time.

Is that even legal? Lying to your boyfriend? I wondered. Surprisingly, Myungsoo bought my lie. He smiled at me, and patted my head.

"Oh, I see. True, I have been helping Suzy out with picking out some furniture. She's settling in some small apartment. I told her that she could stay at my house, but then she refused," Myungsoo said, heaving a sigh.

Suzy made a right choice. I would've freaked out if Suzy was living with you. Who knows what she could've done to you. Maybe she could've confessed, or maybe she could've tied you against a couch and burn it! Or maybe–

"Are you sure Minho isn't anything more…special?" Myungsoo asked, shifted his weight to one side. I saw an uncomfortable expression on his face. I smiled at Myungsoo, and grabbed his hands.

"I'm sure he isn't. If he was, something should've happened by now, right?" I pointed out. Myungsoo paused for a moment, thinking about what I said. Then, he smiled and nodded his agreement. He quickly pecked my forehead, making me blush.

 

Minho and Suzy, who were having a small conversation, glanced at the window. They spotted Myungsoo and ~~~~ acting all lovey-dovey, and they couldn't help but stare at you two with envy.

Minho tilted his head a bit, and diverted his attention towards Suzy. "So who's that guy? Your boyfriend?"

Suzy blushed, and looked away from the window. "N-No. He's her boyfriend."

"Oh, I see. So you're in a one-sided love, aren't you?" Minho asked.

"Is it obvious?" Suzy questioned, blushing hard. Minho chuckled, and shook his head.

"No, it's just me. I can tell the difference between one-sided love and true love. That's all," Minho said. He glanced at Myungsoo once more, and shoved some pie in his mouth.

So that's ~~~~'s boyfriend. That just means that I have to get rid of him somehow, right? Minho thought with a sneaky grin.