Night At The Beach

That Cold Wall Called Fate

"Nothing worked out right," I complained to Myungsoo. Myungsoo gave me a weak smile as we made it to the hotel. Minho and Suzy rushed inside before us, exhausted and happy to spend time with the person they love.

"It's okay. I promise that everything will be perfect tomorrow," Myungsoo said. I grunted.

"Nothing will be perfect. You know it more than I do," I pointed out. Myungsoo's hand gripped around mine tighter. I could tell that he was stressed and just wanted to have some fun with me. I sighed deeply and pecked his cheeks, causing him to blush. "I'll give it a try tomorrow, but if things don't work right…Well, I don't know what I'll do."

"Thank you, sweetie," Myungsoo whispered, pecking my forehead. I smiled at him as we entered the hotel, ready to sleep.

Wait.

"Aren't I going to sleep with you tonight?" I asked. Myungsoo's eyes lit up.

"Mhm! Plus, I have something planned for us in the tomorrow. If I wake you up at an unexpected time, keep quiet," Myungsoo told me. I giggled and my eyes glowed. I wonder what he was planning for me tomorrow.

 

The next morning, I woke up early enough to spot Suzy about to leave. I quickly sat up, rubbed my eyes, and glanced at the digital clock on the table between the beds. I frowned, and turned to Suzy, who realized that I had woken up.

"Where are you planning to go at four in the morning?" I asked quietly. Suzy bit her bottom lip as she pulled over her hoodie.

"N-No where. I'm going to come back fast. I'm just going to walk around, that's all," Suzy replied. I suspected her for two seconds, and glanced around the room. Minho was soundly sleeping on his bed, hogging almost the whole bed for himself. I chuckled lightly and turned to Myungsoo, who slept still and peacefully.

"So you're really going to walk?" I asked. Suzy nodded her head, and I sighed. "I'll come with you."

Suzy frowned. "Why?"

"I can't come?"

"No, but…"

"Then it's settled. Let me go grab a sweater and we'll be off," I concluded. I hopped out of the bed, and froze as Myungsoo moved around a bit. Once he stopped moving and continued to sleep, I walked to my suitcase and pulled out a large, grey sweater. I slipped it on and pulled my hoodie over my messy hair and smiled at Suzy. I didn't have to change because my pajama clothes could be pulled off as a regular clothing.

"Are you ready?" Suzy asked. I slipped on my sandals and nodded.

"Yep! Let's head out!"

 

Suzy and I walked on the beach silently. Sand was getting between my sandals and my foot, and I wanted to complain. However, I knew that Suzy wouldn't appreciate my complaints, especially since I had Myungsoo. She would've said, "Why are you complaining when you have Myungsoo as your boyfriend? Stop complaining and appreciate what you have." 

And to be honest, she looked kind of stressed out with me tagging along.

"So…" I started. "…Um…Why didn't you sleep when you woke up?"

Suzy sniffed in the salty air and shrugged her shoulders. "I couldn't sleep."

"Why not?" I asked.

"I was…just thinking," Suzy mumbled. 

"Thinking of what?" I questioned. She glared at me, causing me to widened my eyes.

"Are you always this nosy? Myungsoo would never date such a nosy girl," Suzy snapped.

See? I told you that she would bring up Myungsoo.

"Sorry," I muttered. "I was just curious."

Silence enveloped the conversation. None of us spoke a word after she brought up Myungsoo. We continued to walk quietly, gazing at the sea and back at the sand. The sun was rising up slowly, which notified me that we had been walking for quite some time. I squinted to see the horizon, and then broke into a grin.

"~~~~…" Suzy began. I turned to her, and curiously tilted my head.

"Yeah?" I answered. Suzy opened , then hesitated, then took a deep breath.

"What…do you think of me?" Suzy asked curious. I frowned.

"Huh?"

"What do you think of me?" Suzy asked. She turned to me and stared at me seriously. "Be honest."

I blinked my eyes. "Um…okay. Well, er…You're…a girl-"

"No! Like, tell me what you see in me," Suzy exclaimed frustratingly. "Tell me what type of person I am."

I blinked my eyes even faster. "Okay…" I took a deep breath through my mouth. "To be brutally honest, I think you're a selfish girl who can't bring out her own feelings. I think you're the type of girl who wants to hang around with Myungsoo and would rather be friends with him than strangers. Basically, I think you shouldn't be here on this vacation with me and Myungsoo."

I saw Suzy's eyes, and they clearly showed hurt and pain. I swear I saw a glint of anger and revenge, but I put that idea aside. I cleared my throat, and continued on.

"Even though you're a jerk, in my view, I think you're sweet," I blurted honestly. Suzy looked up at me with confusion. "I think it's pretty bold of you to be friends with Myungsoo, despite the fact that you have these huge feelings for him. I think it's kind of cute seeing you chase after Myungsoo when he only looks at me."

"Is that supposed to be a good thing? Me chasing after Myungsoo will you can hog him all to yourself?" Suzy asked. I laughed and smiled brightly at her.

"Well, for me it is. Probably not for you, though," I replied. Suddenly, the blessing that the old lady gave me and Minho played in my head. My face suddenly dropped as I looked away. "From the bottom of my heart, I'm…really jealous when I see you with Myungsoo, too."

From the corner of my eyes, I spotted Suzy's eyes shining. I sighed and clenched my fist.

"Yesterday, when we went to see all those yellow flowers, an old lady approached me and Minho," I explained. I could tell that my facial expression wasn't bright and cheery as it was supposed to be. "She suddenly called me and Minho a couple. Minho even mentioned that we came with you and Myungsoo, and the old lady mentioned how beautiful you two looked." Suzy beamed, obviously happy with what I was telling her. "She suddenly gave me a blessing with Minho, when I was supposed to receive a blessing with Myungsoo."

"That's cold reality right there," Suzy joked. I tried to laugh, but I couldn't. I was too depressed with what the lady had said. It was getting on my nerves.

"But I've been thinking after she gave me her blessings," I mentioned. "Should I give up on Myungsoo? I mean, even my baby brother and my parents favor Minho more than Myungsoo. A lot of people want me to go to Minho and leave Myungsoo. Am I not fated to be with him?"

I stared at Suzy with teary eyes. Suzy seemed horrified with my thoughts that I shared with her. I faked a smile, and looked up to keep my tears from falling. I looked at the horizon and realized that the sun was rising.

"Oh, look!" I exclaimed, changing the subject. "It's sunrise! We better get back to the hotel and have breakfast."

I was about to run to the hotel until Suzy grabbed onto my risk. I turned and stared at her as she gave me a serious, dark look.

"Even though I love Myungsoo, I know that he loves you," she said. "So promise me something."

"What?" I asked, sniffing.

"Don't you dare break up with him, or else." 

With that, Suzy left for breakfast, leaving me on the beach, speechless.