Canola Flowers and Pictures (2/2)

That Cold Wall Called Fate

I widened my eyes and loosened my grip around Minho's hand. Minho still held onto my hand, smiling at me. However, I was too busy admiring the fields of yellow flowers dancing on the hills. I blinked my eyes, and stared at Myungsoo. Myungsoo turned around, smiled at me, and then turned back to Suzy.

Click! I looked up and saw Minho grinning at me with his phone only a few inches away from my face. I frowned and blushed as I pulled my hand away from Minho. Minho chuckled softly and showed me the picture he just took of me. I pouted and tried to grab the phone.

"Delete it!" I demanded. 

"No way. You look really cute in this photo," Minho said, putting his phone high up in the air. I cursed my short height and narrowed his eyes.

"Delete it, delete it!" I whined. Minho kept shaking his head as he pressed a few more buttons on his phone. "What are you doing? Are you sending it to people? Don't send it! Delete it!"

"Calm down!" Minho exclaimed. "It's only a picture! See? I put it on my wallpaper– Ow."

Minho rubbed his arm as I glared at him. My knuckles turned white as I stormed away from Minho. He kept yelling how sorry he was, but I ignored him. I went to a patch of canola flowers and began to admire them. They were bright yellow and shined just like the sun. If I stood up, they looked like yellow powder covering the grassy hills. I smiled softly as I felt a pair of arms wrapping my waist. I turned around and smiled at Myungsoo's dazzling eyes.

"So? Do you like it?" Myungsoo asked. I quickly nodded my head and inhaled through my nose.

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

Click! I looked up and pouted. 

"Myungsoo oppa…" I whined cutely. Myungsoo laughed and showed me the picture he took from me on his camera. I pouted again. "I look ugly. Take another one."

"No way," Myungsoo said, ready to take another picture of me. "You always think you're ugly when it comes to pictures. Stop being so insecure."

"Well it's true!" I protested. "Ask any girls. They'll think that they look ugly in pictures."

"Fine, I'll go ask," Myungsoo replied. He looked around and caught Suzy staring at a few bees flying around a couple of flowers. "Hey Suzy! Do you think you came out ugly when I took a photo of you before?"

Suzy looked up and shook her head. "No, I like it!"

Suddenly, I felt a sour feeling coming up in my throat. I felt a bit sick, and I was sure that my face was turning a bit pale. Myungsoo grinned at me and patted my head. When his hand touched my head, the sick feeling immediately faded away. I couldn't help but smile at my boyfriend.

"See? Not all girls think that they look ugly when their pictures are taken," Myungsoo pointed out.

"B-But…That's because Suzy likes…" I stopped myself and widened my eyes a bit. Myungsoo tilted his head to the side a bit like a curious puppy.

"Suzy likes what?" Myungsoo asked. I hesitated, and took a deep breath. Should I tell Myungsoo about Suzy? I mean, he does have the right to know. Plus, that would ruin his relationship with Suzy! Then he could give all his attention to me!

But…Suzy didn't do anything bad to me yet. Heck, all she did was take Myungsoo's phone. That was the only bad thing she did to me. Plus, she seems to be trying her best to hide her feelings. It must be hard seeing you crush love someone else.

"Suzy…she must like her pictures being taken. I don't," I responded. Myungsoo just laughed.

"Suzy? She only gets her picture taken when she has to," Myungsoo said, smiling. I smiled back as Suzy called Myungsoo over. When Myungsoo left me, Minho approached me and gave proof that he deleted the picture he took of me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized. "I kind of overreacted when you took a picture of me. You can take only one picture of me, though," I said. Minho's face immediately brightened up as I smiled and did the bunny sign. I heard a short snap! sound and stopped posing immediately. The two of us studied the plants, smiling and giggling as we stared at them.

Just then, an old lady approached me and Minho. She smiled fondly at us, but she said something that totally caught me off guard.

"You two look like a wonderful couple," the old lady said sweetly. "Have you come here with your friends?"

I was left speechless as Minho did all the talking.

"Thank you!" Minho exclaimed, beaming. "As a matter of fact, we have two other friends who came here. They're over there, taking pictures of each other."

The old lady looked up at the direction Minho was pointing at. She smiled even more as she turned back to me and Minho.

"Those two also look like a perfect couple. I hope your relationship builds and strengthens through the rough and harsh times," the lady said, blessing our 'relationship.' Minho beamed again and bowed politely at the old lady. I sat still, dumbfounded. The canola flowers looked dim, and they didn't appeal to my eyes anymore.

Did I really look like Minho's girlfriend instead of Myungsoo's girlfriend?