A Date in the Rain

That Cold Wall Called Fate

Suzy noticed how it was frequently raining. Spring was going to end soon, and summer would be here to take its place. To be honest, Suzy dreaded summer days. They were always extremely hot, and sometimes it would be raining cats and dogs. She looked outside and saw the clothes turning grey and dark. She gathered her knees near her chest and sat on the sofa.

I'm bored, she thought. I want to call Myungsoo, but I can't. He already has a girlfriend.

 

"What the heck? It was just sunny a few minutes ago," Myungsoo muttered. Indeed, the sun was being covered by the fluffy, dark clouds. I just smiled, and laughed at Myungsoo's curses to the sky.

"It's okay. Besides, summer is coming soon. You know how rainy it is during summer in Korea," I told him. He just smiled back at me.

"Still. Our dates shouldn't end with rain coming down." I suddenly felt a drop of rain on my nose. Myungsoo laughed out loud when I struggled to see the drop on my nose. "In fact, we should go right now. I don't want you to get sick."

"Ah, come on! A little rain drop won't get me sick–" Suddenly, the rain started to pour. My eyes widened, as I strangely looked up at the sky. Impossible. It was super sunny a minute ago, and suddenly the rain is drenching my clothes. Myungsoo quickly took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. I widened my eyes and tried to take the jacket off. "Myungsoo, you're going to get sick!"

"I'd rather get sick than seeing you be sick. Just wear the jacket until we go home," Myungsoo urged me. I shook my head, and tried my best to pry off the jacket. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes as if he was trying to scold me, but I kept struggling.

"Myungsoo oppa…I'm going to cry if you don't wear the jacket!" I told him.

"And I'm going to scream like a girl if you don't wear the jacket," he replied calmly. I dropped my mouth wide open.

"What? You can't scream like a girl–"

"One."

"Myungsoo oppa! Stop it! You can't–"

"Two."

"Hey! Hey! I'm going to start crying–"

"Thr–"

"Okay, okay! I'll wear your jacket!" I exclaimed, giving up. Myungsoo grinned idiotically as I slipped my arms through the large jacket sleeve. When I examined myself wearing Myungsoo's jacket through a small puddle in front of me, I giggled. "Hey, don't I look cute wearing your jacket like this?"

"You look cute in whatever you wear," Myungsoo told me.

"How about if I wear a garbage bag?" I asked him. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and gave me a weird look.

"Would you wear a garbage bag in real life?" he asked me. I blushed and shook my head. He chuckled at my innocent, red face. "That's what I thought."

He took a few steps ahead of me, and before I knew it, I was chasing after him. We didn't expect rain to fall on us on our date. Heck, this was the first time it was raining on our dates. It was strange, yet memorable at the same time.

Besides, you can't trust the weather forecast since globing warming is starting to take place, right?

 

Two streets away from ~~~~ and Myungsoo was a black limousine. In that limousine, there was Minho, who had his laptop on his lap. He was examining ~~~~'s every move, and taking small notes to see what made her smile and what she didn't like. He frowned a bit, and then examined Myungsoo.

Minho didn't understand Myungsoo. The rain was definitely getting heavier as the minutes passed, but Myungsoo didn't seem to care that he was getting drenched in the rain. If it was Minho over there, he would've taken shelter and called his limousine.

But ~~~~ and Myungsoo were walking. Walking in the rain. Walking in the cold, damp weather.

I don't get it, Minho thought. Why would she choose a commoner over me, a rich, money-making guy?