Taxi Accident

That Cold Wall Called Fate

"Miss, please close your window." I obediently obeyed as the flight attendance smiled and bowed at me politely. She walked away quickly, informing Minho, who was sitting by the window, to close his window. I sighed and yawned, exhausted from yesterday. Myungsoo and I had reached the hotel late at night, and Minho and Suzy knew that were were probably going to sleep in. That's why the four of us are on the plane because we missed the boat ride. We were lucky that Minho had his own private airplane. All we needed was a simple call on his phone and waited for a few hours for his plane to arrive.

"We just have to wait for another hour until we arrive back at Incheon. Then we can take a taxi cab and go home," Myungsoo told me. I smiled and squeezed his hand. It was eight at night, and all I could see outside the window was pitch black.

"Yeah, it's good to be home," I mumbled. "I finally get to see Changhyun and my parents…"

"And you get to think about you-know-what," Minho added.

The marriage contract.

I gasped as his head poked right between me and Myungsoo. Myungsoo and I both widened our eyes and stared at Minho, who smirked and leaned back against his seat. I stood up from my seat and scowled, turning around and scolding Minho about how he shouldn't just join our conversation so suddenly. Minho just grinned and pointed at my lips. "You're smiling, though."

I touched my lips, and widened my eyes. My cheeks were already warm, and the corner of my lips went upwards. I forced myself to stop smiling, and quickly sat back at my seat. I puffed my cheeks and quickly grabbed a random magazine and pretended to read it. My heart wouldn't stop racing, and I felt embarrassed. Yet, I felt guilty when I glanced to my side.

Myungsoo seemed a bit… off. He was staring at me with empty eyes. There was no warmth or kindness in his eyes. It was as if he was just staring at me with nothing going around in his mind. I slowly lifted my red face above the magazine, and gave him a look of concern.

"Anything wrong?" I asked. Myungsoo snapped out of his thoughts and quickly shook his head. Without a smile, he looked away and examined the private plane.

"No, nothing. Just wondering about what Minho meant about 'you-know-what.' Have you been keeping secrets from me?" he asked, mumbling a bit. My eyes enlarged, and my heart raced in guilt.

"N-No! Nothing! I have no clue what he's talking about," I lied, giving Minho a disgusted look. Minho replied to my rude remark with an amused look, while Suzy, who was sitting next to Minho, just stared at me. Uncomfortable with her stares, I looked away and cleared my throat. I began to fan myself with the magazine, hoping to cool down my cheeks. Right then, I felt Myungsoo's strong hand tightly grab onto mine. I stopped fanning myself and looked at Myungsoo. His eyes, which were once empty with no feelings, looked sad and depressed. His brown orbs watered slightly once he touched my hand, and I wondered if he was going to cry. Before I can ask him anything, the light turned off and everyone was getting ready for their one-hour nap. 

The awkward silence almost killed me, and I glanced around. Suzy was chewing her bottom lips, and her face was scrunched up as if she was going to cry. Minho looked away and heaved silent sighs, his wide eyes softening once the lights went off. I glanced at Myungsoo, who had his eyes covered with a turquoise eye mask. I pouted, and hugged my pillow as I tried to drift off to sleep. It was as if everyone understood the situation they were in and respected the silence that caused me to shift my body around uncomfortably.

Well, everyone except for me. It wasn't long, however, until I figured out why everyone was respecting this silence. Who knew it would've been the last day for fate to stop playing around with my relationship with Myungsoo.

 

An hour passed. The flight attendance woke me up, and I found out that everyone was already ready to leave. I was the only one who still had to wear my shoes, fix my messy bed hair, and grab my personal belongings. It took me at least ten minutes for me to be prepared to leave the plane. I buckled my seatbelt, and swung my legs back and forth excitedly.

"I can't wait! Remind me to call my mom once I get off the plane, alright Myungsoo oppa?" I told him. He gave me a weak, pale smile and nodded his head. I was worried about how he looked so ill, yet I couldn't bring myself to ask him if he was okay. Why couldn't I speak to Myungsoo like how I did before? Why was our conversations short and silent?

"Let's go back." Myungsoo, Minho, and my eyes widened as we stared at Suzy. She was staring at her feet, and the pilot warned us that we were descending. For a moment, none of us spoke up. Then, Minho gave her a cold look.

"Why? You should've told us that you wanted to stay at Jeju longer-"

"No! It's not that!" Suzy exclaimed. Her eyes watered, and a tear dropped from her eyes. "You know, Minho! We talked about it last night!"

What's wrong with Suzy? What happened to her? I wondered. I stared at her, slightly frowning to express how I was worried about her.

"You told her?" Myungsoo asked. His tone went bitter and his eyes were dark. I gently bit my tongue, and curled my fingers into a tight fist. I didn't get it. What was everyone talking about?

"Yeah, I did. She wanted to know, so I told her," Minho replied, his lips trembling a bit. 

"Guys… What are you talking about?" I asked quietly. Suzy stared at me, then another tear fell from the corner of her eyes. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"You don't want to leave, right? Right?" Suzy questioned. I pulled my hand away in fear. 

"Thank you for flying with us. Please grab your belongings and leave the plane…" The pilot began to announce and thank us for the comfortable flight. I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my bag. I was the first to stand up, then Minho, then Suzy, and finally Myungsoo got up. Myungsoo gave Suzy a look that I never had seen before. His eyes seemed to be glaring, yet it stared deeply into Suzy's innocent brown eyes.

"We'll talk later when we leave the plane," Myungsoo told her. Suzy sulked and nodded her head as we slowly left Minho's private plane. Once we landed on the ground, we quickly went to another station to find our luggage and left to find a taxi. I stopped abruptly, and so did the rest. Myungsoo looked impatient, and Suzy looked a bit scared. Minho seemed worried, but he remained a cool expression.

"Something wrong?" Minho asked. I took out my phone and shook my head. 

"No, I want to call my parents," I told him. "Is it okay if I call them right now?"

Minho glanced at Myungsoo and Suzy, who nodded their head in reply. I beamed and quickly dialed my mother's cell phone. I took this chance to examine all the busy business workers and family walking back and forward to wherever they needed to go. We arrived outside of the airport, where Minho was going to grab a taxi. He left the three of us alone, and the atmosphere became strange. 

"Oh, sweetie! You're back already?" my mother's voice answered. I smiled.

"Yes, I'm back! We were supposed to be back during the afternoon, but Myungsoo and I slept late. We took Minho's private plane, and it was really cool! Then-"

"Hold up, honey. Before you continue, you might want to see your father," she said. I noticed how weak her voice was, and she seemed exhausted. Nevertheless, I nodded my head, agreeing with seeing my dad.

"Sure! I'll be at home in a few minutes, okay?" I informed her. There was a moment of silence that caused me to carry uneasy feelings. Slowly, I called my mom's name. "Mom…"

"Don't come back home. The bakery is closed and no one is there."

I blinked my eyes. "What? What do you mean?"

"…Your father is in the hospital. He's in a critical condition, and the doctors are saying that this might be his last moments without the money we need to provide them."

I dropped my phone, and the screen cracked. My heart stopped beating for a moment, and I felt the world stop revolving around me. I heard Myungsoo's and Suzy's voices yelling at me, yet their words had no effect on my ears. My mind went blank, and the only thought I had in my mind was to hurry up and see my father. My feet started to run down the streets, where buses and taxis busily drove on. 

"STOP!" Myungsoo screamed. There was a taxi approaching me at full speed, yet I didn't notice. My visions were blurry with tears and my heart was overwhelmed with depression. I clenched my teeth and felt tears trickle down my cheeks. 

The next scene happened so fast, I didn't know what had happened to me. All I knew was that Myungsoo's arm was wrapped tightly around my waist, and a woman screamed from the crowd. My mind snapped out of my deep thoughts and I realized that Myungsoo had pushed me out of the taxi's way. The white taxi stopped, and the driver quickly came out with wide eyes that seemed to pop any minute now. I found Myungsoo with only a minor scratch on his head, and Minho was at the other end of the street, dropping his jaws and his eyes wider than it ever was. 

"Oh my gosh," I whispered. Myungsoo slowly looked up, smiled at me, and carrassed my hair.

"You're okay…" he breathed. My eyes did not meet his thankful eyes. Instead, I was staring at the bloody figure in front of the taxi cab with tears trickling down all over the concrete. There was a young girl, and there was a large puddle of blood surrounding her body. Her brown, bright hair was now stained with red, and her pale, beautiful skin was now covered in ugly scarlet. Myungsoo's eyes enlarged when he spotted the figure on the ground.

I couldn't help but scream.

There was Suzy, who had saved mine and Myungsoo's life, lying on the ground with death greedily her soul.