A Surprising Guest

That Cold Wall Called Fate

"Aish…We couldn't have our date today," I grumbled. I made a disappointed expression, as Myungsoo just smiled. However, I could tell that he was upset. I sighed, and then hugged him. "Maybe tomorrow?"

Myungsoo bit his bottom lips nervously when I met his eyes. "Tomorrow…? Er…"

I frowned. "Myungsoo, just spill it out. I promise I won't get mad."

"Well, I was planning to bring Suzy to a movie theaters," Myungsoo said quietly. My eyes widened, but I didn't say anything. Really? He was going to spend some more time with Suzy again? I took a deep breath, and kept my cool.

"Okay…If that's what you really want to do," I replied with a steady voice. Myungsoo pulled away from my hug and clasped his hands.

"I'm really sorry! I promise that something like this will never happen again! It's just that Suzy is going to stay here for a while, and I want to make sure that she has the best time here," Myungsoo explained in a panicking voice. I sighed, and shook my head.

"I never said that I was angry. There isn't any reason to apologize," I told him.

"But I feel guilty. Plus, our date was ruined because of the heavy rain, and I can't make up the date until a few days later," Myungsoo mumbled. I faked a smile, but he saw right through me. "Stop smiling like that. I never asked you to force a smile for me."

I frowned. "But–"

Myungsoo quickly interrupted me by giving me a long, passionate kiss. My cheeks started to heat up, and I was surprised by the sudden kiss. However, I still closed my eyes, letting Myungsoo kiss me. After a few seconds, he parted his lips away from mine, and then blushed. That was when I realized that we were almost arriving at my parent's bakery shop.

"Well…here's your jacket," I whispered softly, taking off the jacket. However, Myungsoo was being a stubborn boyfriend and told me to wear the jacket until I got inside. I protested, saying that he would continue to catch a cold. Of course, being Myungsoo, he ignored me and pushed me to the bakery shop. I heaved a heavy sigh. "I'll make sure to wash it and hand it to you tomorrow– Oh wait, you're not going to be here tomorrow. Er, maybe the next time I visit you?"

Myungsoo gave me a weak smile. "S-Sure. Next time."

He looked a bit pale, which made me feel more hesitant about keeping the jacket. Nevertheless, he took off with a quick goodbye. I was wondering why he was being a bit…rushy, I guess you can say. I yawned, and then sneezed.

Ugh, I thought. I can't believe that I can get sick while wearing this jacket! Better go in.

Right when I stepped inside the shop, I gasped. My dad was talking and laughing with Minho at the counter. My mom was busily taking care of replacing the stocks on the shelves, but she was smiling and giggling along when she heard Minho make a joke. 

"M-Minho!" I stuttered. To be honest, I don't even understand why I even stuttered. "W-What are you doing here?"

I spotted Chang Hyun holding a small piece of bread and raising his arms high up in the air as if he wanted Minho to pick him up. Minho grinned and scooped my little brother in his arms. I bit my bottom lips, seeing a bright smile on Chang Hyun's face. Minho turned to me, and beamed.

"Oh, hey! You took a while," Minho mumbled. My face went red.

"I-I…Wait, what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh, Minho just came right now to visit you. Why don't you guys go for a walk? The rain is lighting up," my mom suggested. My eyes widened, and I dropped my jaws.

"What?" I wheeled around, only to find the dark clouds floating away quickly to make room for the sun. I couldn't believe it. Right when I ended my date with Myungsoo, it's starting to become sunny. Minho nudged my arm with his elbow, making me feel irritated.

"Hey, you look kind of tired. You must have went on a lot of errands–"

"I didn't go on any errands! I was on my date with my boyfriend! Do you not see this oversized jacket?" I asked angrily. I groaned and stormed into the back of the shop so that I can stomp straight to my room. Behind me, I heard Chang Hyun calling for me. I heard my parents encouraging Minho to follow me, but fortunately Minho refused the offer.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to hate Minho.

What the heck does he want with me? I wondered.