Tickets To JeJu Island

That Cold Wall Called Fate

The next day, I visited Myungsoo at a café near his home. After we ordered our drinks, Myungsoo dug his hand into his pocket to take out something. My eyes widened after seeing him holding up two tickets. I blinked my eyes cluelessly, and stared at Myungsoo. Was he…no, he couldn't be serious. 

"Boat rides?" I squealed. "To Jeju Island?"

Myungsoo grinned. "Aren't I the best boyfriend ever?"

"B-But I thought you get seasick?" I said. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. He leaned on his chair backwards and smirked.

"That was just a rumor. I ate something that upset my stomach, which caused me to feel 'seasick,'" he explained. My mouth shaped into a small "O" as I stared at the tickets. I grabbed a hold of them, but when I grabbed the two tickets, two other tickets fell from my hand. I frowned and looked up at my boyfriend.

"Four tickets?" I asked. Myungsoo blushed and swiped away the two tickets on the table.

"Um…I kind of had to get four tickets. There was a discount!" Myungsoo said, trying to defend himself.

"Does that mean…Suzy is coming?" I asked, biting my bottom lips.

"Well, I was planning to bring her along, but if you don't want her to tag along, I perfectly understand–"

"No! It's not that! It's just…" I stopped myself from telling Myungsoo about the phone call I had with Suzy when she took Myungsoo's phone. "…Er, it's just I don't know her very well, so it might be awkward."

Myungsoo gave me a soft smile. "It's okay. Suzy is really easy to get along with. The only problem I have is this one ticket. Who am I supposed to give this ticket away to?"

"Can't you just give it to someone random?" I asked.

"No, I can't. The hotel we'll be staying in requires us to bring four people because of this ticket," Myungsoo explained. "Without someone to use the fourth ticket, we can't stay in the hotel that comes with this offer."

"Um, Myungsoo oppa? Can I ask how many beds there will be in the room?" I asked, my cheeks red.

"Two," he replied confidently. "Two people per bed. Why?"

"N-Nothing," I stuttered, looking away. My thoughts wondered to our boat ride and who will be the fourth person to join us. Suddenly, my eyes widened as I turned back to Myungsoo. "Myungsoo oppa, give me the ticket."

"Why?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I know the perfect person to come with us. I'll take care of the fourth ticket."

 

I dropped my jaws as I stared at the huge building in front of me. Everyone inside and outside of the building were wearing formal business clothes, and they all acted like robots. I gulped nervously, wet my lips, and stepped inside the building. The doors automatically opened as if invisible servants were opening the door for me. I took a deep breath and walked straight in. I found a counter in the center of the room, and decided to go there to ask for information. When I approached the ladies behind the counter, I tried my best to sound as confident as I could.

"Um, does Minho work here?" I asked. My dad told me Minho's address, but I didn't think it was Minho's office building.

"You mean the CEO of this company?" the lady asked. My eyes widened.

"N-Neh? C-CEO?" I stuttered. The lady finally looked up and gave me an annoyed expression.

"Yes, the CEO. You are talking about Choi Minho, yes?" the lady asked. I nodded my head. I thought Minho was just an employee, not the CEO of this company!

"Yes, that Choi Minho. May I please speak to him?" I politely asked.

"Do you have an appointment?" the lady questioned me. I blinked my eyes.

"E-Excuse me?" I said. I was starting to lose my confidence. My voice became shaky, and my legs started to feel like jelly. I had to use the counter to support my legs.

"Do. You. Have. An. Appointment," the lady repeated with a seriously, cold expression. I shook my head, as she sighed. "If you want to see Mr. Choi, you must make an appointment."

"Y-You don't understand! I'm his friend!" I exclaimed.

"Miss, I'm sorry, but I can't let you visit him. He's a busy man, and if you want to see him, you have to make an appointment," the lady said. 

So I have to make an appointment to give him this stupid ticket? I thought, slightly gritting my teeth.

"Please, if I can just see him–"

"What's going on here?" a familiar voice asked. I looked up, my eyes shining with hope. Minho, who was dressed in a black business suit, approached me. He gave me a small startled face, as if he was surprised to see me. "~~~~? What are you doing here?"

"Minho! Thank goodness! Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him, using my puppy eyes. I only used my puppy eyes whenever I was desperate.

"Right now? Can't we talk later?" he asked, hesitating for a bit. A few feet behind him were two angry old men, tapping their foot impatiently and giving me a death glare. 

"I just want to give you this," I said, pulling out the Jeju Island boat ride ticket from my bag. He raised an eyebrow as he cautiously accepted it.

"What's this about?" he asked.

"I want to thank you for taking care of me while I was sick. I'd appreciate it if you could make it in time," I told him. Minho stared at me, and back at the ticket. He took a deep breath, and exhaled loudly.

"Fine, I'll see what I can do. However, if I'm a minute late, please do not wait for me," he said. I enthusiastically nodded my head, even though he didn't exactly say that he was joining me. I bowed to him, thanked him, and ran out of the building.

Now I just had to look forward to my vacation with Myungsoo!