Don't See Him

That Cold Wall Called Fate

A few weeks later, I eventually got better. While I was sick, my boyfriend and I never contacted each other. I found it strange, but it made sense since I didn't call him back. Minho had visited me time to time while I was sick and I eventually got closer to him. Just because I got closer to Minho doesn't mean that I like him or anything. My heart is always and will be for my Myungsoo.

That's right, I haven't given him a call yet, I thought. I quickly reached and grabbed my phone and speed-dialed my boyfriend. I patiently waited for his call, but frowned after three rings. That's weird. It doesn't take him this long to pick up his phone when it's me.

Finally, someone picked up the phone on the other sighed. I sighed and sat up straight. I had a shy smile pasted right across my face.

"Myungsoo oppa! You took forever to pick up! Why didn't you call–"

"Is this ~~~~?" an unfamiliar voice asked. I frowned.

"Um…And you are?" I asked.

"This is Suzy," Suzy replied. I felt my blood run cold. What was Suzy doing with Myungsoo's phone?

"Uh, hey Suzy. Can you give the phone to Myungsoo? It's been weeks since we contacted each other and I want to hear him–"

"~~~~, we're friends, right?" Suzy asked, interrupting me. I paused, and slowly nodded my head.

"Yeah, I guess. But what–"

"Then is it okay if you don't see Myungsoo for a while?" Suzy quietly asked. I felt the world spinning around me. What…Suzy wasn't making any sense to me.

"Why? Myungsoo's my boyfriend. If I want to see him, shouldn't I?" I questioned her. My words a bit harsh, but I didn't really care. I just felt a bit sick inside when Suzy asked me to quit calling Myungsoo.

"I-I know, but…I-It's just that he thinks he lost his phone and he's really scared to see you and–"

"But you have his phone," I told her. I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. "Suzy, what are you planning–"

"Suzy? Did you find my phone yet?" Myungsoo yelled in the background. I gasped.

"Is that Myungsoo? Give the phone to him!" I demanded. Suzy kept quiet. I tapped on my foot, unsure if she was still on the other line. "Suzy, give the phone to Myungsoo. I need to talk to him–"

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I dropped my phone on my bed and widened my eyes. Suzy hung up on me. I slowly ran my fingers through my hair. What…She…Myungsoo…Phone…

I shook my head. No, stay calm, I told myself. Maybe Suzy wants to tell Myungsoo something important, and she doesn't want me to disturb him or something.

"Ah, what the heck!" I grumbled. I stood up and grabbed my jacket. Then, I headed out the door, combing my hair with my fingers. Okay, sure, Suzy and I are friends, but she's just going way to far with this. Does she hold a grudge against me or something?

 

"Oppa!" Suzy called cutely. Myungsoo quickly dashed towards Suzy with wide eyes.

"Did you find my phone? Did you?" Myungsoo asked quickly. Suzy slightly bit her bottom lips and shook her head. Myungsoo pouted and slumped his shoulders. He had searched for his phone all around the house and street throughout the whole week, and never contacted ~~~~ since then.

"But I did find this," Suzy said, pulling out an old picture album from a large box. Myungsoo paused for a moment, and tilted his head.

"Okay, I give up. What's in the album?" he asked.

"You silly! It's our memories since we were a child. Look here," Suzy said, giggling. She opened the album to a random page and pointed to a picture. On that picture was little five-year old Myungsoo crying while three-year old Suzy innocently stared at Myungsoo. Myungsoo cracked up into a smile.

"Hey! That's me with my toy!" he exclaimed, pointing at the picture.

"Yep. I accidentally broke your toy and you were bawling your eyes out," Suzy reminded him. Myungsoo was about to sit down and go through the album until he remembered what he was searching for earlier. He shook his head and sighed.

"I'll look at that later. For now, let's go and search for my phone," Myungsoo replied. Suzy slightly frowned, but then quickly brightened up to a smile.

"Sure, if that's what you want," she replied, heaving a sigh. She patted her hands on her pocket, where she hid Myungsoo's phone.

Why are you so desperate to contact her?