SIX.

Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]

After arriving at the dorm, the boys come up to their respective houses; the upstairs and downstairs. June and Jinhwan spare no glance to anyone, they walk pass everyone when exiting the lift and enter the house with Bobby and Donghyuk trailing from behind. The latter two share tired glances with the other three while muttering good nights and sweet dream wishes. Then the upstairs team goes up to their floor. As they are entering the house, the first person to enter is Yunhyeong followed by Chanwoo and Hanbin. Right after all of them have entered, Hanbin quickly closes the door. Taking something in his pocket he hangs it right through the doorknob handle. It’s the pendant they all have, courtesy of WINNER’S Seunghoon’s grandmother. The little charm has been helping them; especially the maknae ever since the day 1 the hell occurred.

 

Hanbin makes his way to his room, taking the grumbles and whines of the oldest in the house about how tiring the schedule they have for the week and how Yunhyeong wishes he can just sleep for the entire day. Well not like Hanbin hated the idea, it is very lovely and cool. They all need some sleep nowadays. The constant promotion and performance is fun, but it is no denial that all of them crave for rest.

 

Hanbin enters his room, the scent of his perfume kind of releasing his tension. Taking off his clothes for a cold shower he wraps his lower body with towel and heads for the bathroom, being hopeful that Yunhyeong won’t be in there or else Hanbin would have to wait for another 1 hour before the older comes out.

 

 

 

 

He has no idea why but he can’t sleep despite the fatigue gnawing him up. Sitting up on his bed, Hanbin takes in the darkness of his room. He eyed his surrounding in silence, the house is quiet in the solitary of 3:20 in the morning. He steps up from his bed, not even minding to wear a shirt. He takes his pillow and heads out from the room. Walking through the hall, Hanbin stands in front of the maknae’s room. He knocks thrice, no answer. Chanwoo must have been sleeping. Turning the knob, Hanbin let himself being met with a dim light from the nightlight. He sees Chanwoo lying on his bed, half the blanket covering his body. He looks so deep in his sleep that he feels bad disturbing him.

 

Hanbin enters tip toing as he closes the door. His hand trails on the string of something attached to the knob. It’s the maknae’s pendant. He hangs it on the doorknob just like how Hanbin did to their front door. He closes his gap to the bed, putting his pillow down beside Chanwoo’s head. He’s about to lie down when a slow whimper comes out from Chanwoo’s mouth. The leader watches how the maknae’s face scrunches up as if he’s in pain. Hanbin slowly lies down, taking the small space Chanwoo left. He the maknae’s cheek, hushing him to sleep back. Minutes passed and Chanwoo is relax again but his eyes shot open. A tear escape his eyes. Hanbin feels how his heart beat achingly watching that. He locks his eyes with the younger who’s watching him calmly, not even wondering why his hyung is there.

 

“Hanbin hyung…” Chanwoo’s voice is like a distant wind in the middle of autumn. Soft, slow yet vibrant. As if he’s calling for someone so close but so far to him. Hanbin knows he’s afraid, terrified if the one lying before him is not his Hanbin hyung. It happens many times already, the maknae watching the members walking around the places only for them not to be s. That is why the 2 floors decided to hang each of their pendants on the doors and windows of their houses. At least it can keep whatever it is outside from coming in anymore. However sadly, it won’t keep them from invading the younger’s mind; every single day.

 

And that’s the problem, because Chanwoo’s mind is a complete mess.

 

He reaches his hand to wipe away the tear, although it’s gone now sinks into the fabric of Chanwoo’s pillow. Hanbin’s hand moves to the south, caressing the maknae’s cheek in reassurance. Chanwoo closes his eyes at the warm touch. Warm. It is his Hanbin hyung. “Another nightmare?” Hanbin asks, his voice is deep and soft. It tickles Chanwoo’s eardrum. The maknae nods his head slightly, enjoying the warm Hanbin gives to him through the caresses. He scoots a little to give more room for the leader. Hanbin takes the chances to engulf the maknae in a hug, not tight; just a hold strong enough to make sure Chanwoo knows he got Hanbin with him for the night. Always……..

 

“Go to sleep.” He says, “I’ll be here until the morning with you.”

 

Chanwoo’s doe-eyes stare at the leader’s dark orbs. He has his hand on Hanbin’s waist too. The tangle of their legs under the blanket remains unsaid. They both know they enjoy it. “You sure hyung?” He questions, but the smile from Hanbin gives enough reassurance to Chanwoo as an answer. “Why are you so nice to me nowadays?” He closes his eyes when he mutters them jokingly. The light in his voice is acknowledge by Hanbin. He keeps staring at Chanwoo’s face which is only an inch before his own. The sight of the younger captivating him.

 

Chanwoo is lost in his dreamland before he could hear what Hanbin’s words next, “Isn’t it obvious enough already?”

 

 

 

 

They are preparing for ‘Goodbye Road’ performance on SBS Inkigayo the next day. Everyone starts to get ready for the performance, to greet their fans wholeheartedly. All of them are waiting at the backstage for their turn, Donghyuk’s eyes on fire to deliver another yet of their amazing song; not like this is the first time they’re promoting it. It has been few weeks since the release of the song. He watches each of s. All ready for the recording. Bobby and Hanbin playing around with something, Jinhwan still fixing his makeup while standing still, letting their makeup noona doing their works. June warming up his vocal; expectantly while Chanwoo is right beside Donghyuk. The maknae looks grim, that’s all Donghyuk can make. He’s sure Chanwoo must have feel very nervous. Although they have been performing before thousands of people for so long, yet the anxiety isn’t easy to be erased.

 

He takes Chanwoo’s hand in his. The maknae looks down to his hand and up to Donghyuk’s face. A smile lingers on his lips. It contagious for Donghyuk to see as he flashes his own. “Nervous?” He asks, a grip on their intertwined hands. Chanwoo looks away facing the stage before them. He nods. “A little bit.”

 

“Don’t worry.” Donghyuk utters. “You’re going to be okay.”

 

“Well, I am certainly not getting used to be the one opening the song yet.” Chanwoo mentions on his part right in the starting of the song. “It’s a bit awkward.” Donghyuk laughs hearing that coming from the maknae. His loud jubilant laughter booming through the hallways.

 

“Why would you? You’re doing great!” Donghyuk chimes in. “I’m turning into your fans already.” At that both of them laugh, ignoring the weird look June is giving them as his eyes landed on the two maknaes’ hand clasping with each other. They ignore June’s mimicking words ‘wooo love birds’ before all of them are ushered to enter the stage. Chanwoo’s hand in Donghyuk’s is snapped away by the younger when Chanwoo is pushed slightly by Jinhwan not wanting for any of them to waste their time any longer. Walking behind the other 6, Donghyuk’s eyes land on his palm; the one holding Chanwoo just now. The absent of warm replaced by a gush of cold leave his heart in ache.

 

 

 

 

After the performance ends, all of them are getting ready to attend another schedule. Chanwoo is tending his makeup when he hears his name is called. He turns to look to the side, towards the door, where he heard the sound comes from. His eyes set in grimace, jaw clenched and fingers shook in tremble. He waits for the makeup noona to finish fixing his foundation up before he makes his way out from the room. Ignoring calls from Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter