Sparks Fly

Breathe

The next day.

 

"Tiffany Hwang! Come with me!" Jessica trying hard to pull Tiffany out of her bed.

"Ahh.. I'm tired.. Just let me rest for a bit more" Tiffany groaned while cover her face with the comforter.

"You've been resting for the whole day already! Come! on! Let's get outta here for the night." Jessica pull off the comforter which Tiffany just used to cover herself.

"No..." Tiffany groaned again pulling the same comforter from Jessica and put it over herself again.

"YA-AISHH! Hwang Miyoung! You've been attached to your bed since last night! Come on! Get outta here!" This time Jessica not only pull away the comforter. She used all of her strength to pull the dead body up as well.

"Stop using my full name..." Tiffany got annoyed and use another pillow to cover her head.

"Come on Miyoung-ah~ let's get outta here for some fresh air will ya?" with one strong force, finally Jessica managed to pull Tiffany onto her sitting position. The unsatisfied Tiffany could only ruffled her hair and sigh in defeat, still manage to give Jessica her dead glared.

"Aww~ Miyoung-i~ come with me will ya~? Pweety pweety pweese~" Jessica pull off her cutest aeygo knowing this is the best way to pissed Tiffany off yet it somehow works the magic too.

"Arrghhh seriously Jessica Jung Sooyeon? Like.. Seriously?!" It really does annoyed Tiffany to her bother line. "Stop looking at me with such annoying eyes please" she hissed.

"Aww~ You'll come with me right~?" Jessica ignored and continue to make sure Tiffany will really go with her.

"Yah yah stop it please. I'll go, okay? I'll go." Tiffany ensure Jessica but not so willingly before she got out of her bed to her bathroom.

"Yesss!" Jessica do her little victorious dance on the bed and Tiffany could only shake her head.

 

---

 

Yuri and Taeyeon are sitting at their common area, enjoying the music and drinks as usual. Taeyeon usually play games on her phone when she's done with her bar's work while Yuri would always stick on her phone checking on the latest update on her social media.

"TAE!" Yuri suddenly jolt up from her seat while still looking on her phone screen.

"YAH!" Taeyeon squinted frighten by Yuri's loud voice. "WHAT?!" Taeyeon angrily asked with her right hand on her chest calming herself down from the shock.

Yuri put down her phone and turn to face Taeyeon.

"You have to look good tonight!" She starts to adjust Taeyeon's outfit, tidy her hair strain on top of Taeyeon's head and patting off her shoulder as if there are dust all around.

"What?" Taeyeon got confused looking at Yuri's sudden weird behavior.

"Yah! How old are you still wearing your shirt like this? Your collar is flipping over this whole night?" Yuri totally ignore Taeyeon and just doing things on her own and it make Taeyeon more confuse just letting Yuri move her around and just don't know what is happening.

"Hey Yul! What's going on?!" Taeyeon hold onto Yuri's both arms trying to stop her this instant.

Yuri snapped out and look right into Taeyeon's eyes with a smirk which really make Taeyeon feel uncomfortable. Right away Taeyeon can sense some evil plan is going on in her bestfriend's mind.

"Yul.. You look scary. What are you planning to do on me?"

"Taeyeon-ah, be prepare for tonight. You gonna be so happy and be so thankful to me." Yuri winked.

"What? Why? What happened?" Taeyeon got really worry what is her bestfriend gonna do.

"She's coming tonight! You gotta behave okay" Yuri said still fixing Taeyeon all over making her look neat and presentable.

"Who's coming?" Taeyeon frowned.

"The girl you've been waiting for" Yuri said.

"Who?!" Taeyeon understand well what Yuri meant but just to her disbelief she wanted to confirm what she's thinking is what exactly Yuri's talking about.

"Taeyeon-ah" Yuri cupped her both hand on both Taeyeon's cheek and said passionately, "That two girls from States, they're both coming over tonight! Aren't you excited?" Yuri continued before Taeyeon can even react "You gotta sing really well tonight okay. And make sure to brace yourself to TALK to her!" Yuri emphasised it knowing Taeyeon hardly wanna initiate a talk.

Taeyeon couldn't register the whole thing Yuri just told her. Lost in her trance just sitting there zoned out, her brain starts to think. What is she gonna do? Finally the girl is coming. What is she gonna say when meeting the girl for real. By thinking all of these is enough to make her nervous as hell, her heart rate been raising to above 100bpm. But wait, how did... Yuri know that they're coming?

"Yul.." Taeyeon called softly and Yuri turned over facing Taeyeon attending to her.

"How... did you... know they're coming?" Taeyeon suspiciously raised her eyebrow looking at Yuri.

"Oh, Sica texted me" Yuri casually answered and continue concentrate on her phone.

"Si...ca?" Taeyeon got even more suspicious this time.

"Yeah" Yuri casually said still not aware the stares Taeyeon's giving her. After a short moment of silence, Yuri finally look over to Taeyeon who is already staring at her sharply into her eyes.

"Sica?" Taeyeon asked again but with a more serious look on her face as if it's an investigation on going now.

"Ah I mean Jessica-ssi. Yeah, Jessica-ssi told me they're coming." Face turning red, Yuri quickly change her words trying to look away and of course it is well aware by Taeyeon.

"Aah~ Jes-SICA-ssi~" Taeyeon purposely louder her voice saying the word 'Sica' to rub in even more.

"Yah yah yah! Just worry about yourself first." Yuri slightly push Taeyeon off before she quickly walk away.

 

Taeyeon chuckled upon seeing her tomato red cheek's friend walk off. She knows Yuri had grow interested to the new customers week ago, but she didn't expect Yuri actually already this close to their new customer to drop the formality. Thinking how different herself compare to Yuri's personality, she sighed to herself. Taking in Yuri's word, now she really start to worry about herself. What is she gonna do when meeting the red haired girl later? Can't deny, the first time they locked eyes, she did felt different. Somehow, a part of her heart is reacting itself. And the song that she sang for the first time in public and to Tiffany, the whole event happened on that night itself she knows, her heart has been completely stolen.

 

Later that night, when Jessica and Tiffany just reach the bar, both Taeyeon and Yuri already halfway performing their usual on the stage.

"We're late!" Jessica said while quickly getting herself seated comfortably before she happily wave towards Yuri. Of course not only Yuri saw it and give Jessica a wink, Taeyeon saw their small interaction and smirk at Yuri to too. But what's more excited is Taeyeon saw Tiffany was there seated next to Jessica as well.

 

After they ended their last verse, Yuri take her chance to speak while Taeyeon sipping on her drink thought they're already done and ready to get off the stage.

"Hi, Good evening. It's Yuri here. We'll sing our last song now. Well, tonight gonna be a special night for the both of us." Yuri look over to Taeyeon and smile before she continue "I'm not so sure about her. But I'll definitely make sure for myself to spend and treasure all the time we have from now on until the day my precious lady leave this town. Yuri winked at Jessica. Jessica blushed when almost everyone present there are looking at her direction but she couldn't care much, she could only focus onto Yuri and smile.

"Here you go. Sparks Fly." Yuri introduced the song title while looking at Taeyeon, letting her bestfriend to get ready for the song they gonna sing. Taeyeon nodded understood and they both adjust their position and guitars. After a few adjustment, Yuri started to pick on her strings after receiving an 'Okay' sign from Taeyeon. This time Yuri take the lead. Never fail to look into Jessica's eyes, Yuri starts to sing.


*"Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile
Get me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down
Give me something that'll haunt me when you're not around
'Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile~"*


Yuri sang passionately with a smile hung on her lips and her eyes never leave Jessica's all these while. Taeyeon is not the main vocal this time, but her passion on music wouldn't demotivate her by being the secondary back up voice. They're used to switching to be the lead all the time. She will still strum on her every chords enjoying the song that she play and sometimes sing her lines with her most passionate voice. Most of all, her charming smiles and her burning passion toward music never failed Tiffany's eyes. She's like the brightest stars above the darkest dawn, shining brightly towards Tiffany. Taeyeon knows, all this while Tiffany had her eyes fixed on herself. There are times that Taeyeon look over and caught Tiffany's eyes. Sometimes they did exchange smiles too. This really make Taeyeon even more nervous now. Not only herself, those sweet smile that she's unaware of, did make Tiffany heart rate increase too.

 

-Chapter 6 ends-

*Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift*