Tiffany

Breathe

"Seobang-ah... w-why are we.. doing - this?.." Jessica asked breathlessly.

"Come on Princess! We're almost there!" Yuri said with much energy and hype with her whole body moving up and down, left and right stretching each and every parts she can even she is also walking uphill.

 

It's only five in the morning. Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany got dragged out by the one and only excited Yuri who plan on this sunrise trip and all four of them now walking up half way in the dark to the top of the hill before sunrise. All of them are so dead tired, other than Yuri who's always up for exercise. Yuri was in front excitedly pulling Jessica who's totally out of breath to walk further while Tiffany and Taeyeon just walk slowly following behind.

 

"Seobang-ah.. I cannot.. I'm dying..." Jessica stop on her track, giving up and bent down her body with her hand on her knee supporting herself. She's panting so hard trying to catch her breath.

"Here. Hop on!" Yuri knee down, her back facing Jessica offering her a piggy-back.

"What? You wanna carry me?" Jessica doubt.

"Yeah. Hop on." Yuri offered.

"You sure you can handle my weigh?" Jessica now worried.

"Definitely!" Yuri confidently said. Jessica slowly hop on even she still doubt with Yuri's assurance. Once Jessica settled on Yuri, Yuri grab hold on Jessica tightly and she speed up her pace and even turning around in purpose to scared Jessica off. Jessica can't stop screaming and Yuri liking it so much on teasing the girl, she run even faster playing around with her girl. While the other two who witnessing the whole sweet scene behind them, starts to feel even more awkward. Silently.

 

"Did you sleep well?" Taeyeon as usual, can't stand the awkward silence and tried to start a conversation.

"Y-yeah" Tiffany stuttered. In fact she only caught an hour of nap due to her busy brain just can't stop running the whole time. It was another moment of silence after Tiffany answered before she initiate the next conversation.

"How bout' you?" She asked.

"I.. didn't sleep" Taeyeon said.

"What? Why?"

"I couldn't." Taeyeon breathed out. Tiffany felt bad thinking if is it because of her last night reaction that make Taeyeon couldn't sleep. Obvious worry is all over her face that Taeyeon chuckled at.

"I just got inspiration to draft a song so I got lost in time after you went to bed. When I realised, it was Yuri who walked out from my room and it's too late for me to get some rest." Taeyeon smiled.

"I see" Tiffany felt at ease knowing the true reason. "But aren't you tired? Still tagging along all the way up here" Tiffany raised her eyebrow.

"I'm fine though. I felt refreshing now. But I'll be so death once my body meet my bed later" Taeyeon attempted a joke and it succeed, Tiffany did chuckled on it.

"I think me too" Tiffany added in. "I don't have a work out habit. Hill hiking sure gonna kill me sooner or later"

"Really? Are you feeling okay now? I mean, do you wanna take a break or something?" Taeyeon concerned.

"Yea I'm fine. But I doubt the two of them" Tiffany pointed to the front. "Jessica is not the sports type of person. She hate even just to run. And she make it all the way here now. On top of that, she's draining Yuri's out" Tiffany analysed the two love bird in front of them. Two of them let out a soft laugh looking at the running Yuri with the screaming for life Jessica on her back.

"Nah.. No worries bout Yul. She's a running machine. It's not that easy to drain her out" Taeyeon wave her hand off with a laugh.

 

"YAH SEOBANG-AH! STOP! I'm scared!" Jessica's high pitch scream echoes the whole hill.

"Hahaha! This is so fun!"

"No it's not! This is scary"

"Okay okay. Let's take a break now" Yuri slow down and gently put Jessica down to the ground.

"YAH TAE! Why so slow?! We gonna take a break here." Yuri yelled to Taeyeon who's just a few steps behind catching up.

"It's not me slow. It just that you were running that makes you further ahead of me!" Taeyeon hissed.

"Jessi are you alright?" Tiffany asked with a hint of concern while she settling down next to Jessica.

"Yeah. Seobang carried me earlier it helps a bit" Jessica took a bottle from Yuri's backpack and pass to Tiffany and Taeyeon. Taeyeon sit down next to Yuri after she took the bottled water from Jessica. "She's really a machine" Tiffany whispered to Taeyeon when she saw Yuri still doing some stretching at the other side and they both chuckled.

 

After a short break, they continue to walk up to the hill before sun rise. It was still dark with only moonlight and their headlights to brighten their path. Not long after their journey upwards, they finally reached the top. Right in front of them, it was magnificent. They could see the entire city from their view. Small little buildings still lighted up and it illuminate the skies above it as well. It was a breathtaking view.

"Wow. This is better than Seoul Tower view. And the air is so refreshing here!" Jessica breathe out while admiring the city light view in front of her.

"I know right." Yuri gently pull Jessica in for a back-hug and Jessica more than happy to lean in to her arms.

Tiffany as usual, quietly enjoying herself with the view around her and it didn't escape from Taeyeon's attention. She's always a steps behind the taller girl observing her. Looking at how Tiffany will always fascinated with things or view around her but she will never show it out. Only can tell by her slight change of her expression that she is much excited to enjoy the view.

 

"It's about time" Yuri remarked after she checked on her wrist watch. It caught their attention and follow Yuri's sight. Slowly, there are a hint of warm ray shining through the horizon line. Perfect view. Right in front of them, they witness the most perfect sunrise from the horizontal line in front of them and it slowly rise above the small miniature size city. The whole city previously illuminated by the building lights is now slowly replaced by the sunlight. Tiffany and Jessica didn't move a bit. All attention were on the view, staring so intensely witnessing the sunrise not willing to miss a second. For Yuri who always go hiking, already know how it looks like. Not really bother to see it again and her attention was on Jessica instead. She was smiling with much content seeing Jessica liking the view, it makes her feels like some kind of achievement. Taeyeon? Screw that sunrise. The girl right in front of her is much more beautiful to her eyes than the sunrise. She was just a step behind of Tiffany, slightly diagonal. Quietly she study the side profile of Tiffany, from her eyes she trace down to her nose line and slowly move down to her lips slightly open due to too fascinated with the scenery. She's trying to trace Tiffany's features into her brain. She can see the sun ray slowly shine above her side profile. It was much more breath-taking than the sunrise, for her.

 

"Wow~ This is- good." Jessica breathed. "Seobang-ah. How did you discovered such a wonderful place on earth? The sunrise was amazing. It's so different from States, right Tiff?"

"Yeah.. But" Tiffany paused and look at Jessica with a frown before she continue. "Do you even really see a full sunrise back in States?" Tiffany teased. Taeyeon quickly retreat her sight and pretend like she's looking out to the scenery once Tiffany talked earlier.

"YAH! I did! When we went for the camping vacation, Appa (father) brought us all to the hill side for sunrise! I still remembered that!" Jessica countered.

"..Yeah.. That was like.. way before mom's gone.." Tiffany recalled sadly.

"Oh no Tiff.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.." Jessica loosen Yuri's warm arms and quickly embrace Tiffany instead.

"I'm okay Jess. No worries. I'm getting over it a lot now" Tiffany gently pat on Jessica's back before she pull away and gave Jessica an assurance smile. Jessica just smiled back hoping that her bestfriend's word is genuine.

"Right! On such a wonderful morning, why don't you sing for us Tae?" Yuri quickly speaks up trying to brighten the emotional atmosphere.

"Eh??" Taeyeon got taken aback by the sudden request. Why? Because all these while her attention was on a certain girl. Yuri's mentioned of her name snapped her immediately.

"I-i.. er.." Taeyeon stuttered.

"Aww~ Tae~ Come on. Sing for us" Yuri asked again with much aegyo and she hold onto Taeyeon's left hand which is nearest to her and she swing it softly as if she's begging her. She did it on purpose knowing Taeyeon definitely can't handle it.

"Ah ya ya..Okay.. Stop swinging my poor hand.." Taeyeon gave in, just as what Yuri expected. Yuri giggling happily and she un-clipped the belt that attached her guitar onto her backpack then hand it over to Taeyeon.

"You've planned all this didn't you?" Taeyeon frown looking at how fast Yuri passed the guitar to her. Yuri just grin sheepishly to her.

"Aish.. Jinjja.. make me sing so early at this hour.." Taeyeon ruffled the front part of her hair before she grab on the guitar and position herself comfortably on a small log on the ground.

"Come on. You're already singing earlier, I heard you!" Yuri wiggled her eyebrow with an evil grin this time looking back and forth from Taeyeon to Tiffany and back to Taeyeon. Taeyeon's eyes widen remembering what happened earlier with Tiffany alone in the kitchen this morning. Worst of all, got caught by Yuri.

"OKAY!" Taeyeon louder her voice trying to cover up, worry any other word slip out from her evil friend's tongue. "L-let's sing.. What song?" Taeyeon stuttered in her words trying to divert the topic. With a small tint of pink on her cheek she glance over to Tiffany real quick and back to her guitar. In fact, Tiffany is also blushing suddenly finds interest on the ground. Taeyeon then place the guitar comfortably on her lap, she fine tune it and clear . The rest of the girl have settled in a circle waiting for Taeyeon to perform.

"What song do you feel like singing?" Yuri asked.

"Mm..." Taeyeon hummed thinking hard to what song she should sing and the other girls anticipating.

"Right, I have this song in mind.. Freshly out from oven and I'm yet to give it a name." Taeyeon recalled.

"Name?" Yuri raised her eyebrow. "What song is that?"

"I just wrote it this morning. Not really complete yet but I can sneak peek a lil bit exclusively to you gals." Taeyeon winked.

"Great! Let's do this then!" Yuri happily said.

"But I need a name to fill in the lyrics as well." Taeyeon explained.

"A name? What kinda name? Is it a love song entitled to someone?" Yuri questioned.

"Just use Tiffany then!" Suddenly Jessica speaks out and shocked them.

"YAH!" Tiffany push Jessica by her arms. They're sitting next to each others.

"Erm... Tiffany.. Tif-fa-ny.." Taeyeon trying to filled it up into her lyrics which appeared in her transparent mind bubble on top of her head. "I actually need a two syllabus name.." Taeyeon thinking hard how to fill it in. Just for a few second, she snapped her finger and she started to strum into her chords.

"Mm~ mm~ mm~" Taeyeon getting into her rhythm matching with her guitar sound.

 

*"Hey Phany, I know looks can be deceiving

But I know I saw a light in you.

And as we walked, we're talking-

I didn't say half the things I wanted to"

 

Taeyeon look at Tiffany and playfully apologised before the next verse for changing her name into shorter one.

 

*"When all the boys tossing rocks at your window

I'll be the one waiting here even when it's cold.

Hey Phany, Girl you might have me believing

I don't always have to be alone."


Taeyeon then look straight into Tiffany's eyes when reach the chorus.


'Cause I can't help it if you look like an angel
Can't help it if I wanna kiss you in the rain, so
Come feel this magic I've been feeling since I met you
Can't help it if there's no one else Mmm~ I can't help myself


She sang it without even breaking her eye contact with Tiffany and she end the verse with a slight smile on her face it melted Tiffany's heart so much she even forgotten that they're not alone there. Listening to every word sang out from Taeyeon and understanding each and every words of it makes her heat up even more. Her heart just beating at its fastest speed and she can feel like a very high current just run through her whole body.


*"Hey Phany, I've been holding back this feeling

So I've got some things to say to you"


Taeyeon suddenly stop on her track, took a breathe then she look at Yuri.

"Here's the incomplete parts that I'm still stuck at" she said.

"Oh come on.. It's been so perfect and you're such a teaser now." Yuri groaned.

"Right.. I shall have some inspiration now since we're here with such a breath-taking scenery and two cute angels here" Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany and it make Tiffany blushed again. She then starts to strum on her guitar again trying to pick up from where she stop earlier. After trying on a few strums, she starts to sing again.


*"Hey Phany, I've been holding back this feeling

So I've got some things to say to you

I've seen it all, so I thought
But I've never seen nobody shine the way you do
The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name"

 

Taeyeon paused and playfully speaks to Tiffany,

"Though I never really hear how you say it before but I hope it will feel this way" she winked and continue on her song.

 

*"It's beautiful, wonderful, don't you ever change

Hey Phany, why are people always leaving?

I think you and I should stay the same"


Taeyeon then close her eyes and drown herself into her music again with a smile on her face, she enjoying it.


*"They're dimming the street lights, you're perfect for me

Why aren't you here tonight?
I'm waiting alone now so come on and come out
And pull me near and shine, shine, shine~"

 

Slowly she open her eyes and it land directly onto Tiffany's eyes when she sang it with her angelic voice.

 

"Hey Phany I could give you fifty reasons

Why I should be the one for you
All those other boys, well they're beautiful
But would they write a song for you?"

 

Taeyeon paused again and add in "Well I would and in fact I've already did and I still will" she joked and it did make Jessica and Yuri chuckled on it knowing that it's a fact while Tiffany now feels too embarrassing getting ready to bury her face down into the ground. In her mind she was cursing herself out. 'It is an open confession! I'm dead!' she repeat it in her mind. Taeyeon didn't bother much by now since it's already started and went all the way up to this point. She continue to sing the chorus, never leave her sight off Tiffany until the last strum.

 

"Wow Tae! You really are a genius! You just completed the song! LIVE! It's amazing." Yuri claps her hand non-stop praising Taeyeon and the other girls too follow to applause in amused.

"Hehe. Yeah it's complete now" Taeyeon rub the back of her neck feeling a kind of shy and beam a smile to Yuri while she pass her guitar to Yuri indicating she's done.

"Taeyeon you're great!" Jessica compliment.

"Thanks" Taeyeon smiled.

"So what you gonna name your song?" Jessica asked.

"Erm.. Since I'm already filled it in with Phany.. Tiffany.. Let's just name it 'Tiffany' then" Taeyeon suggested but then timidly look at Tiffany seems like asking for an approval of using her name.

"Wow Tiff! You have a song entitled your name now! So cool!" Jessica slightly push on Tiffany's arm and it snapped her back. She's been stunned since the time Taeyeon sing the song so obviously directing to her until now.

There was an awkward moment of silence and Yuri quickly change the topic.

"Okay, My turn now!" Yuri announce wanting their attention.

 

 

-Chapter 21 Ends-

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019!

I wish I could finish this story by this year! haha Thank you all for supporting!

 

This song originally is 'Hey Stephen' by Taylor Swift. If you listen to the song and read my lyrics, you will realised the changes on the lyrics. I changed it to fit into the story. teehee