She

Breathe

When the night comes, Taeyeon and Yuri already at the bar doing their usual. With other bartenders and staffs, preparing for the bar's opening of the night. After all the preparations for the counter opening, Taeyeon usually will go to her office at the second floor to check on some of the bills and stocks while Yuri will just hang around the bar, entertaining some early bird customers if needed or fine tune her guitar, or she might just do nothing and full attention checking on her social media updates.

 

Tonight is a bit different. Yuri is so eager looking forward for her princess to arrive, while Taeyeon just restlessly lie her head on the bar counter.

"Are you alright?" Taeyeon's most trusted right-hand man and the head of bartender, Sooyoung asked.

"Yeah…" Taeyeon breathe with her cocktail glass twirling on her hand.

"But you don't look like it, you know?" Sooyoung commented while she grab another wine glass to wipe it crystal clear and Taeyeon could only frown upon hearing it.

Gulping down her last sip she then push her glass towards Sooyoung, "Make me another one." She requested. "Add another half jigger more in it please." She's referring to the alcohol level.

"It's just only half past 7 now. And this is already your second glass." Sooyoung reminded, worry that her boss is taking too much alcohol in at this early of the night.

"It just cocktails.. with a small shots of liquor. I won't be drunk by that much of liquor though." Taeyeon continue lay her head on the counter. Seems like there aren't any other choice but to obey her boss' order, Sooyoung shrugged her shoulder, took the glass and walk away with her boss' request.

'How now..? What should I do...? Sighs.. I'm not as good as Yul. I don't even know how to talk properly..' Taeyeon fighting with her inner thoughts and not aware that Yuri has been standing next to her until Yuri's sudden loud voice called out "Sica!". Taeyeon jumped! She turn towards the loud voice only to find Yuri already running towards the entrance with her arms open wide ready to hug the blonde girl who's walking in. Seeing Jessica walking in suddenly make her heart skip a beat but realised that the blonde only came alone, Taeyeon sigh heavily. Both Yuri and Jessica did caught a glimpse of Taeyeon's disappointed expression and Taeyeon still haven't realised that they both already walk nearer to her.

 

"HI! TAEYEON-SSI!" Jessica pop right in front of Taeyeon's face in purpose to frighten her and yes, she succeed. Taeyeon jumped almost fall from her high chair with her eyes open wide.

"Why? Are you not happy seeing me?" Jessica asked.

"Ah no." Taeyeon quickly answered.

"Then what's wrong with that look on your face?" Jessica simply said while taking a glass of champagne from Yuri.

"Uh?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrow in confuse.

"She's just lost, Sica-yah. Just let her be. Let's go sit over there. Forget bout this lost soul here." Yuri took her cocktail and with another free arm on Jessica shoulder dragging her to go to the other side.

'She's not tagging along tonight...' Taeyeon thought to herself.

"Here you go. Your Summer with extra half jigger of vod (vodka)" Sooyoung came back with a fresh new cocktail and place gently in front of her boss. "Wow! What's wrong with you man? I was just away for that few minutes and you look worse!" Sooyoung shocked with Taeyeon's dead expression now lying lifelessly again on the counter.

"Ah! I don't know! [A/N- Korean like to say this "아! 몰라(Ah! molla!) when they frustrated or stuck]" Taeyeon jolt sitting up straight, took the glass and gulp it down at once and shocked Sooyoung with her sudden act.

"Take care of the place for me tonight.." Taeyeon sighed and throw a bunch of keys to Sooyoung before she walk away. Even Sooyoung still in her shocked condition but she still catch it skillfully, not changing her stunned expression and still manage to lift up her right hand with a thumbs up sign for her boss before Taeyeon disappear from her sight.

 

---

 

"Seobang-ah, what's wrong with your bestie there? Jessica asked while looking at Taeyeon who slowly disappeared from the stairs.

"She's just.. messing up with herself." Yuri said. Even she's spending time with Jessica, but the two of them constantly checking on Taeyeon all this time. Seeing how Taeyeon casually throw the keys to Sooyoung and walk away, she knows that Taeyeon will just be back to their apartment on the third floor or she will be just at the rooftop chilling, more like thinking.

"Why would she wanna mess herself up?" Jessica tilted her head, confused.

"You know. Your bestfriend. And Taeyeon's heart. And her mind. Plus, she's confused. Conclusion, she's in messed." Yuri explained. "She thinks a lot. She just.. not sure and don't know what to do." She continued.

"Ah... Different from Tiff. She knows, but she refused and she pushed it away. Jessica sipped on her champagne after she said it.

Yuri looked confused. Why does she refused? Is that what Taeyeon meant? Taeyeon did mentioned that after they kissed, Tiffany asked to not talk about it. Is that what Jessica meant by pushing it away? Thought after they meet, everything's gonna be okay.

"You know, bout the parting later. Tiff can't handle it. She's too afraid." Jessica continue after she put down her glass.

"Why?"

"Hmm.. when she's in love, she'll fall deeper and deeper. It increase more by days and it'll never decrease. It would be nice if it's a stock market that I can buy. But the thing is, if anything goes wrong, it'll hurt her real deep. What else can I say when she already know that they can't make it till the end. She rather not to start it." Jessica gives more detail which Yuri nodded to.

"She's been through a lot. Bout parting with someone she dearly love." Jessica look straight into Yuri eyes before she continue.

"What happened to her?" Yuri concerned.

"Hmm.. This is very personal and I'm only telling you and you alone. Please bear in mind not to tell Taeyeon bout it no matter what it's regarding to" Jessica warn with a stern voice and Yuri nodded her head with a serious face anticipating for her story.

 

"She was her mom's favorite but she lost her mom when she's just 11. The first time she lost someone so dearly to her and she somehow couldn't cope with it well. That time, her brother was always by her side taking care of her, it feels like he somehow had replaced her mom's role in her. They got so close together until one day, her brother have to move to Vietnam for their company branch when she's around 16. She do have a sister, but her sister always not around so they're not that close to each others compared to her brother. After she got her degree and take over LA branch from her dad as managing director, she often take chances to fly over to her brother with some business excuses. And there was a time she had a project that she need to stationed in Vietnam with her brother for months. It's kinda like this trip we had now but just that I wasn't a director yet at that time and still work under my dad's wing. So during that trip, she met Nick, one of their business partner. Maybe because they met each others almost everyday, they somehow fell in love with each others. Tiff didn't want to start the relationship at first, knowing she gonna be back to LA after the project gets complete later on. But Nick did all his best and successfully convinced her and they went on for awhile. They were happy. Nick is a good guy. He knows their time together are short but he made every seconds count. He did everything that he could to make Tiff happy and spent their time together very well. He even had a plan that he will drop everything to be together with her. Even Tiff herself had a similar thought, she wanna transfer herself to Vietnam so she can be with him and of course her brother too."

 

"Sounds familiar..." Yuri commented with a sad voice.

 

"Yeah.. But you know, things don't come that easy in life. Her father gone berserk once he learn about their relationship and their plans. Everything went down the drain. Her father wanted her back to LA in instant. Tiff never disobey her father no matter what. And yes, she just being obedient again she left everything behind and went back immediately. Nick was forbidden to meet Tiff by her dad. She was happy, cheerful and loud back then. But when I met her after she came back from Viet, she's not her old-self anymore. She locked herself up for months. Due to all these incidence kept happened to her, she's now became colder and always so serious.. and bored.. She's never the bright and cheerful Tiffany that I used to know anymore. I know. I know how much she's hurting inside. That's why I'd promised myself not to leave her side for as long as I could." With the last sentence, Yuri noticed Jessica's eyes already have a hint of tears clouding her vision and she gently cupped her hand on Jessica's face with her thumb softly caress her cheek.

 

"That's why she's backing off now.. She clearly know what's gonna happened next. In another way it is her subconscious mind protecting her not to get hurt from the same event again.." Yuri nodded her head understanding it well.

 

"Yeah.." Jessica breathe wiping off the tears on her eyes. "She dare not to fall in love again after all those incidents. More over, this time is just too similar. She has a clear mind. Other than work, she's not gonna do anything more than that. She's always have this wall around her so the history won't repeat itself ever again." Jessica explained more.

"I see... I understand it very well. You both kinda same like me and Tae. I'm protecting Tae while you are protecting Tiffany-ssi." Yuri said with a sad voice. "There's nothing much we can do right?" Yuri drop her head low thinking bout her bestfriend.

"Can... only if Taeyeon could follow us back to the States and if Uncle Hwang will bless this couple."

"Heol! That is like impossible right?" Yuri eyes wide open.

"That's why" Both of them could only frowned to the situation.

"By the way, where's Tiffany-ssi?" Yuri asked finally realised her disappearance.

"Oh she's still in a meeting."

"And you?" Yuri raised her brow.

"I'm here" Jessica rolled her eyes stating the fact.

"No I mean why you're not in the meeting?" Yuri elaborate more on her question.

"Well. I'm just another partner. A big one. But this meeting doesn't require my attendance." Jessica just shrugged it off.

"Mm.. in this case, since Tae's out. Maybe I'm just gonna go solo tonight." Yuri winked. "Any song request from Director Jung?" Yuri asked politely and gain a smile from Jessica.

"Mmm... any song from your sweet voice I'm gonna be grateful enough." Jessica winked with a sweet smile this time and it make Yuri flutter even more. Softly she peck on Jessica lips before she walk off to the stage getting ready for her solo performance.

 

After Yuri adjusted herself comfortably with her guitar, she grab hold onto the microphone and starts her speech.

"Hi Good Evening. Tonight, my beloved Taeyeon-i isn't feel so well and so today, I'll be the one serenade your night. My first song, I wanna dedicate this to my special lady sitting over there" Yuri look at Jessica lovingly which most of the audience follow her sight. Jessica got shy and she can only smile sweetly to Yuri ignoring all the others whose eyes on her. "Hope you'll like it." Yuri beamed a smile back at Jessica before she starts to strum on her guitar.

 

*"I like your smile
I like your vibe, I like your style
But that's not why I love you
And I, I like the way, you're such a star
But that's not why I love you, hey~" 


Yuri sang passionately and she never leave her eyes off Jessica. Some audience can be seen chattering about the two of them and looking at them back and forth knowing clearly that Yuri is singing for Jessica.


*"You're so beautiful, But that's not why I love you

I'm not sure you know

That the reason I love you, is you


Being you, just you
Yeah the reason I love you
Is all that we've been through
And that's why I love you"


And there is a clear smile on Yuri face even when she's singing the chorus. Right after the chorus, Yuri manage to give Jessica a wink and some of the regular customers there who had their eyes on them cheer on them.

 

---

 

Two days later at Taeyeon's apartment.

"YAH! Are you not gonna go down again tonight?" Yuri asked in frustration, crossing her arms standing right in front of Taeyeon's room.

Suddenly the door click open and make Yuri step back. "No.." Taeyeon coolly replied. Yuri got taken aback by what's right in front of her eyes, disaster. Taeyeon is in a complete mess. Her hair all tied up messily in a loose bun, a loose tee half hanging on her shoulder but still manage to cover her important body parts and her face look real pale. Her voice was weak and husky too. "I'll be going down later.. don't worry..." Taeyeon assured her.

"How am I not to worry? You've been locking yourself in there till now.." Yuri look at her from head to toe.

"Here." Taeyeon hand her a sheet of paper. "Done." Taeyeon speaks short. Yuri tilted her head confused but she took the paper from Taeyeon anyway and take a look. It was scribbled here and there, a few paragraphs of words, some was scratched off as mistakes and there were some music notes all around too.

"Don't complaint I didn't tell you that I have a new song. I show you first." Taeyeon said in a monotone voice while walking to the kitchen to grab a juice from the fridge. Yuri just follow her steps into the kitchen, leaning herself against the dining table while trying to get the tone on the sheets and matching it with those words.

"Yah yah yah.. this sounds like a good piece! You did this in these two days?" Yuri excitedly asked while her eyes still on the paper.

"Yeah.. it just.. come out that way.." Taeyeon nodded while gulping down the juice.

"...Are you like.. writing bout yourself here?" Yuri look at Taeyeon curiously.

"Isn't most of the musician write or got inspired by their own stories?" Taeyeon coolly said. "I'm gonna catch some sleep... Just in case you didn't see me at 6, please wake me up. I'm needa try singing this song tonight..." Taeyeon left Yuri alone there still trying to understand the lyrics. "And put that sheet on the table there after you've done reading with it. I'll need it later." Taeyeon said before she close her room's door.

"Okay..." Yuri replied but still had her full concentration on the paper, humming some of the tunes written on it.

"Hmm.. I'm so curious how this masterpiece sounds like with her voice.." Speaking to herself, she then fish out her phone from her pocket, "I shall call Sica bout this"

 

 

-Chapter 12 Ends-

*Song by Avril Lavigne - I Love You.

This song lyrics somehow kinda like what I'm looking for Yuri's part so I decided to use this song for her. Let's make Yuri the more punk type while Taeyeon is more likely to the soft and sentimental acoustic type but anyhow when the two of them together they still rock the world! XD

 

A very long A/N:-

I did intro bout YulTae's job-scope in the story but I didn't do for JeTi yet. In story YulTae already understand Jeti's job but reader 're not rite? XD

 

Here:- When I'm writing this, in my mind both JeTi are from a damn rich family due to their family business. But! they are not those arrogant rich spoilt kid type. They grown up well mannered and in a harmony family (other than Tiff's mom case which I did tell in the story). So here, Tiffany's family do hotel business. I named it H Group. H for Hwang of course. HQ in LA and branch out to different countries (like Vietnam in the story) and starting in Korea where the story took place. H Group is one of Top 3 largest Hotel company in LA while Jungco listed as Top 5 richest company. Similar to the real Tiff and Jess, they're both Korean but home and grown up in States. Jessica's family business is concept retail mall like Lotte World those type. I named it JungCo in Chapter 1 as it means Jung Concepts. That's where the both of them are the biggest partner/shareholder in the story. So now what's happening in Korea is that H Group merging with Jungco building a new amusement park where Hotel + Concept Stores + amusement park all in one like a Disneyland and I'm gonna call it MiraeWorld. Mirae (미래) meaning the future. What they are so busy about in Korea for two months is mostly for land, construction company engagement and partnership contracts. Their role are Managing Director for their own respective company.


Another thing I wanna share is imagine their whole conversation in this story is in Hangul and when Tiff and Jess alone they're usually using English mix Korean. A lot of the conversation here sounds better if use Korean slang or the way Korean talk. Originally a lot of dialogues I wrote in simple Korean slangs like 'yes' 'no' 'what' 'why', you know how the Korean like to say "WAE?!!" or "Mwo??" that kinda feeling? but I changed it to English instead. Wanted to write in pure English story but some parts of the story I can't feel it when I type in English. There's where you found me put in blue colored A/N there.


This is just what I think of when I writing it. It's a fic anyway so anything can happen right? ;D That's why I love reading fic.


And thank you for following my stories! You all readers are fking AWESOME!! XD You know how Taeyeon said "f-king aweesomee" LOL

 

PS- There are still a few dramas going before TaeNy finally settling down > . <