Untouchable

Breathe

It's a sunny morning when she open her eyes. Remembering what had happened last night brings her joy. Today's gonna be a good day. That's what she thought once she's woken up by the sun ray that shine through her binds. Rubbing her eyes and adjusting to the light, she starts to look around for a certain figure. It was empty. She walks to the bathroom thinking she would be there. It's empty as well. Scratching her head, she got her over-sized tee on and head out to the living room.

"Morning." Yuri greeted. Taeyeon frowned. This is not the girl she's hoping to meet. "You're early" Yuri added.

"Yeah.. Morning.." Taeyeon simply replied and walk back into her room after she took a bottle of water from the fridge. As she remembered the last thing she saw before she dozed off last night, Tiffany was fast asleep in her embraced. She even remember how exactly her dining table looks like when she left the table last night and it is the same as she saw it earlier when she walked to the fridge. It is not a dream. With a frowned she plopped on her bed. Missing the girl, she look over to the side Tiffany was on. Reminiscing about last night brought a smile on her lips. Wait, she spotted a piece of folded paper slip under the pillow. Quickly she sit up and grab the paper.


-I'm sorry Taeyeon. Last night was a mistake. I'm confused. I didn't mean to hurt you but it shouldn't have happened that way as well. Please forget what had happened last night and I really wish we can still remain friends. I'm really sorry, please forgive me.-


Her grip tighten. It wasn't what she expect it to be happened. All her happy thoughts and hope got crushed. Tears threaten to flow. With her other hand she hold on to her chest. It feels like a thousand spears just stab through her heart. She's near to suffocate. Her whole body feels numb. Trying as hard as she can, she wants her brain to think straight. She thought everything's going fine, suppose. She's trying to register the message into her brain. Remain friends. How?


---


It's 5pm when Sooyoung reached at the bar to start her swift. She's startled when she saw her boss is already sitting at the bar counter.

"Boss." Sooyoung greeted.

"Ah.. Soo. You're finally here. I missed your cocktail. Quickly make me one." Taeyeon requested.

"You... alright?" Sooyoung frowned upon seeing her boss acting this way. There are already two empty glasses in front of Taeyeon. The most worry part for Sooyoung is that her boss is wearing a black baseball cap today. She knows if the boss is not in her mood, she will wear her black cap. Once she step into the bar, Sooyoung stunned almost faint looking at the mess left in there.

"Ah. I'm sorry. I was trying to mix it myself.. But I just can't get it right.. But no worry. I have help you settled down all the other routines for the opening. So, just make me my heavenly drink." Taeyeon smiled. No, she isn't drunk yet. She just need that drink to cheer her up. Sooyoung is a little bit upset with the mess but she can't do much. She is her boss. And she knows her boss is not in her best form now. She roughly clean it up and start mixing the drink Taeyeon requested.

"Are you sure you're all right?" [A/N The conversation in Korean in my brain is like "너 진짜 괜찮아? neo jinjja gwaenchanh-a"]

Sooyoung asked when she place the glass of cocktail in front of Taeyeon.

"Yeah I guess.." Taeyeon take a sip on the cocktail.

"Why do I always have to see this side of yours..." Sooyoung sighed and starts to clean up her work area.


"Taengoo!" A sudden loud voice with a strong pushed on Taeyeon's back caused the girl jump in shock and spill out her drink.

"YAH BUNNY!!" Taeyeon yelled not even looking at the owner of the voice, she already can tell who the voice belongs to.

"Oh sorry I didn't know you're drinking." Sunny beamed an innocent smile in purpose which Taeyeon glared at her. With a sigh, Taeyeon continue to sip on her drink.

"Yah.. are you not happy to see me?" Sunny asked disappointed.

"No.. It's not like that.."

"Then what's with your long face?" Sunny asked.

"Nothing.."

Being the detective Sunny, she sensed something had happened. She look at Sooyoung trying to get some information but Sooyoung can only shrugged her shoulder.

"Taengoo-ah. Where's Yul?" She tried to divert the topic.

"In her palace pleasing her princess.." Taeyeon simply said.

"Princess?" Sunny blinked looking at Taeyeon with a big question mark expression. Seeing how much her bestfriend had missed on their updates, Taeyeon sighed again before she starts.

"You've been away for too long this time.. A lot had happened." she then starts to tell Sunny the whole story from the day they met the two girls until the recent one, but she left out what happened to her last night.


"So.. now.. you are seriously in love with her..?" Sunny asked carefully.

"I am. But.. she just left me hanging. I know her struggle but I'm trying my best here. She just keep stepping backwards whenever I move forward.."

"Mm..." Sunny had her finger touching her chin as if she's a real detective thinking hard and inspecting all the proofs and details trying to solve a case.

"Bunny-yahhh~ Please help me... What am I suppose to do? If she ever come later, am I suppose to treat her as friend still? I don't think I can hold myself anymore.." Taeyeon drop her head laying on the bar table.

"...Taengoo-ah.. Are you.. really really serious bout this..?"

"YAH! After telling you all these, you still doubt?"

"Mm.. if in this case.. maybe you should just wait and see how it goes and you just go with the flow?"

"Wait? I can't wait anymore.. I want her.. not as friend.. I can't just be a comfortable friend to her.. and she just keep pushing me away..it hurts"

"Taengoo. Just tell her on her face! Confess to her! You've promised her friend right? Do it. Just tell her!" Sunny suddenly blasted out.

"I know.. but how..?"

"Don't let her have a chance to run away. Tell her how you feel and assure her that you will never leave her. Tell her how much you love her."

"Mm? Will it work?" Taeyeon raised her eyebrow.

"Most girls buy it. I dare not to say it'll confirm works but at least you give it your all rather than regret not doing anything later right?" Sunny tried to convinced Taeyeon.

"Sounds like it.. but.. it seems like she didn't tag along tonight.." Taeyeon drop her shoulder and Sunny quickly follow Taeyeon's sight. Her eyes roaming around the place, looking for a particular figure. Only sights of Yuri and Jessica just arrived and walking in.

"Taengoo..." Sunny frowned. "Ah! Come on Taengoo! Sing me a song! It's been awhile that I listen to your voice!" Sunny pull Taeyeon up and push her up to the stage. Taeyeon can just follow, she pick up her guitar and position herself. Maybe if she sing, it can clear her mind a little. Having a little thoughts to herself on what song to sing, she look over to Yuri. Hoping her brain can forget some other thoughts and find a song list to sing. What caught her eyes is Tiffany is walking towards Jessica's side instead. Apparently, Tiffany just arrived after she settled her business. Yuri excitedly wave her hand towards Taeyeon once she caught a glimpse of Taeyeon's reaction when she saw Tiffany. To her surprise, she thought the red haired girl won't come by tonight after what had happened but she did! She sighed. Of course she did come, the sentence of 'remain friend' pop out in her brain reminding her of the message. With a weak smile, she starts to strum on her guitar.


*"Untouchable like a distant diamond sky

I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why

I'm caught up in you, I'm caught up in you

Untouchable, Burning brighter than the sun

And when you're close I feel like coming undone"

She starts to sing the first verse. All these while, she had her head hang low. Her face was covered by her black baseball cap the whole time. None of them can really see her face. But not to her bestfriends. Sunny and Yuri know there is something not right with the petite girl today by that cap she's wearing and they can tell by her voice too. They know it all along once they saw the sign, the cap purpose is to hide her emotional or her moody self. She always cool and moody but if she's with the cap, it's worst.

*"In the middle of the night, When I'm in this dream
It's like a million little stars, Spelling out your name
You gotta come on, come on"

On the chorus, Taeyeon finally looked up and her eyes fell right onto Tiffany's eyes. Her eyes are all red by now. She can't hide it.

*"Say that we'll be together, Come on, come on
Little taste of heaven"

Her gaze was broken. Her voice is already shaken. She felt like a long sword penetrated her heart by a thousand times now. Last night incident keep flashing back in her mind. She can't just forget what just happened and pretend to be just friend. Without a word but just a note? It's too much for her to handle. She hide her face under her cap again. With all her emotion, she close her eyes and sang it all out.

*"But you're untouchable, burning brighter than the sun
Now that you're close I feel like coming undone

In the middle of the night, When I'm in this dream

It's like a million little stars, Spelling out your name
You gotta come on, come on, Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on

In the middle of the night, Waking from this dream
I wanna feel you by my side, Standing next to me
You gotta come on, come on, Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on,
Little taste of Heaven. Oh...

I'm caught up with you, oh.."

 

She sing all her heart out till the last verse. Strumming all her sorrow onto her guitar strings.

*"Come on, come on, Say that we'll be together
Come on, come on, Little taste of Heaven"


Once she's finish the song, she put down her guitar and storm out of the place in instant. At the same time Yuri saw Sunny quickly rush towards Taeyeon.


"Yah.. is she crying?" Jessica nudged Yuri and speak as soft as she could.

Yuri noticed it even before Jessica asked. Her voice was too shaken. Yuri's thinking the girl must be holding on to something very hard. Tiffany also notice what Jessica mentioned, but she's wasn't confirm until she heard Jessica. Just when Taeyeon was too immerse in her singing and thoughts, her tears had ran down her face without she herself noticed it.

"Princess-ah, can you go back with Tiffany first? Something's happened to Tae and I need to be there for her" Yuri said with much concerned in her tone. It worries Jessica as well. "

"Okay. I can ask my chauffeur to take me home. Take good care of her." Jessica peck on Yuri's cheek before Yuri excuse herself.

"I'm sorry for tonight. I can't accompany you." Yuri apologised and Jessica just give her a secure nod. She can understands Yuri's feeling well. It is just like if Tiffany's in trouble, she'll do the same too.

"I wonder what happened to Taeyeon.." Jessica sighed once Yuri had gone off. Tiffany didn't say anything. In her mind, she's already analyzing a lot of possibility. The worst she can think of, is the most recent one which related to herself. Guilt is all over her now.

 

-Chapter 26 end-

I'm sorry >.< but.. there are still some drama going on before they really become one >.<

*Song by Taylor Swift - Untouchable
I use this version (Live Stripped Performance) :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjetFVpVYYs

 

Just imagine a sad emotional Taeyeon with a cap hiding her face and singing this song.