Speak Now

Breathe

Due to how Jessica keep rushing and pushing Tiffany around, they manage to reach at the bar to meet up with Yuri after just an hour. As usual, Yuri will keep check at the entrance for her princess' appearance.

"Princess!" Yuri excitedly scream once she saw her walking in with Tiffany. She literally run towards the girl and hug her tight. "What take you so long Princess-ah~" Yuri pouted. Jessica conveniently turn over and point her finger to Tiffany without a saying word.

"What? You never tell me bout any plan..." Tiffany slightly push Jessica's hand off.

"Will you still tag along if I tell you beforehand?" Jessica said which totally shut Tiffany off in instant. Knowing her bestfriend's defeat, Jessica direct her attention to Yuri.

"Where's she?" Jessica asked Yuri while roaming around the place looking for someone.

"There. Jamming with Seo" Yuri pointed at a corner next to the stage.

"Seo?"

"Ah. Seohyun. Tae's die-hard fans. She do come here often to play with Tae but she hardly drop-by recently. One of Tae's favourite girl." Yuri explained.

Tiffany didn't really bother until the word 'favourite girl' pierced through her ears, she slowly look over to them. Taeyeon is guiding a girl strumming on her guitar. They were talking and constantly looking back on the guitar and those smile on their face never fail Tiffany's eyes. It is obvious how Taeyeon would always smile while playing on her guitar but, why is the other girl smile so sweetly towards Taeyeon? And the way Taeyeon stares at the girl looks too gentle and intimating for her liking. For a moment Tiffany starts to have a jealousy debate behind her mind.

"Favourite?" Jessica curiously asked.

"Yeah.. This little girl likes jamming songs with us, especially Tae." Yuri told. Seeing Jessica's anticipating on more info, Yuri quickly continue before her princess lose her temper.

"She was a business student years ago. There's this one night she came here with her course-mates for some sort of celebration and she went on stage and played a simple song with her friend. It caught Tae's attention and Tae initiated a talk with her. Tae found it a waste that she's not major in music but she really do have talent in it. We got to know that she just learn that song she sang on that night just a few times and she played it so well. Tae even taught her a simple song and at that same night she already mastered it. She somehow got interested and she came by quite often to play with us. Well, mostly with Tae. She said she wanna learn to play instruments from Tae and Tae gladly teach her as well. Tae likes how smart and determine Seo is. She's a quick learner too. Just a few months, she already could play Tae's favourite song. That's why she had became Tae's favourite." Yuri quickly catch her breath right after she finished her story-telling.

"Ah... a music class student..." Jessica nodded and playfully nudge Tiffany by her shoulder.

"Can say so.. but recently she hardly came by after she graduated." Yuri added.

"I see... But then.. Are you sure they're just music teacher and student?" Jessica purposely tease Tiffany.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Yuri raised her eyebrow.

"You see. Why is Taeyeon-ssi's the one sitting there teaching her and you are sitting here with us? Can't you teach her too?" Jessica asked. Hearing those words, Tiffany unconsciously gulped down her glass of cocktail in one shot, still staring at Taeyeon's direction. It's clear to Jessica, her intention to get Tiffany attention has succeed. More to her liking, she even make Tiffany jealous without the girl realising it herself.

"Well.. I'm not a good teacher I guess. I'm not as calm and patience as Tae. I scolded her a few times before and I think by that it make her not liking me now." Yuri chuckled thinking back bout the incident.

"Ah..." Jessica nodded. She then turn to Tiffany and look at her for awhile but Tiffany wasn't aware of it. There's a lot of useless thoughts running through her mind and there are mix feeling within her as well.

"Hey Tiff." Jessica called to get Tiffany's attention and the girl did turned and look at her. "You're really thirsty aren't you?" Jessica obviously teasing her but Tiffany is just too oblivious with Jessica's intention all this while due to her brain is too occupied with something else.

"Eh?" Tiffany asked clueless, and Jessica simply point at her already emptied glass she's still holding on tightly. Tiffany follow her direction only to realised that she'd finish the drink while listening to their conversation and looking at how the two girls at the corner there happily smiling and talking to each other. When her gaze back at Jessica, Jessica had a smirk hanging on her face. She knows right away, that she was too obvious to be caught on by her bestfriend when she herself didn't even realise it.

 

---

 

Taeyeon is always very dedicated when teaching Seohyun the right tone she was strumming on. It's been months since Seohyun last visit and she is more than happy to teach Seohyun a new song once she saw Seohyun came by. It just half an hour and Seohyun already could pick up the tone.

"Wow! You're real pro yeah" Taeyeon remarked on Seohyun's skills.

"Yes. I'm a good student, right?" Seohyun took her praise.

"Aigoo~" Taeyeon ruffled Seohyun's hair with her right hand while her left still grabbing on her guitar and Seohyun like the contact. "So is my good student here ready for the stage?" Taeyeon asked.

"Mm.. Alright. Let's duet." Seohyun suggested and Taeyeon nodded accepting it. They both then grab their own guitars and walk up to the stage, seated themselves on the high chair preparing themselves.

After getting themselves comfortable, Taeyeon took the microphone in front of her and sound checked it before she speak onto it.

"Hi good evening, I'm Taeyeon." Taeyeon introduced herself eventhough she know most of her customers already acknowledged who she is and they applaud cheering for the coming performance. "Tonight, I'll have a different jamming companion other than Yul." Taeyeon continued with her hand gestured to Yuri's direction. "Seems like she's too occupied with her love one over there" Taeyeon joked and a small chuckles could be heard from the audience.

"Yah!" Yuri yelled embarrassed with Taeyeon's remark and smile awkwardly to those who's looking at her.

"Here. My smartest apprentice and my favourite one, Seohyun." Taeyeon turn to look at Seohyun introducing her while she clap her hand and the audience too.

"Right. Here we go. Speak Now." Taeyeon introduced the song name and at the same time asking Seohyun if she is okay with this song. Seohyun nodded and they both adjust themselves before Taeyeon pick on her string counting the beat and Seohyun starts to strum onto the tones being the lead just as how Taeyeon taught her on the song.

 

*"I am not the kind of girl
Who should be rudely bargin' in on a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of boy
Who should be marryin' the wrong girl"


Seohyun started her first verse.

 

"Wow. She really have a good voice." Jessica commented which Tiffany only nodded to but her eyes still on the stage. Tiffany's attention was so obvious on Taeyeon all this while until Seohyun starts to sing. Her voice is really sweet that it took Tiffany's attention right away but of course, no one can beat her Taeyeon's angelic voice. For a moment, Tiffany was jealous seeing how Taeyeon smile and how they exchange glance with each others when they sing. She always know how Taeyeon enjoy her music and how she will always smile when she's performing, but seeing she doing those habit to the unknowned girl it makes her not liking the interaction. On top of that, the way Taeyeon stares at Seohyun is so much more affectionate than how she always did to Yuri when they performed together. But at the same time she enjoy watching Taeyeon playing on her guitar happily as well. Her heart and her mind playing tricks on her again. All she wanted is just to calm down and feel nothing more to Taeyeon but once she look at how Taeyeon smile, all her rational thoughts gone out with the wind.


*"Don't say yes, run away now
I'll meet you when you're out
Of the church at the back door
Don't wait or say a single vow
You need to hear me out"
And they said, "speak now"


Seohyun sing happily as the main vocal and Taeyeon ad-lib matching perfectly into the tone. From time to time while they're singing, they do exchange glances and smile with each others. They strums on their guitar matching each others' tones until the last chord, they sang their last line together and they actually looking at each others with an obvious smile singing it. Seeing this interaction between them, Tiffany is burning red in rage. But it got off real quick once Tiffany recognised those smiles on Taeyeon. It is the same kinda smile she always had when she performed. It shows that Taeyeon is truly enjoying her music and she's satisfied with her performance. The smile on Tiffany's face didn't escape Jessica's sight. Jessica always have her eyes on Tiffany observing the girl's every expression and movement.

"What are you smiling at?" Jessica purposely asked even she already know it is related to Taeyeon.

"Those smile..." Tiffany answered nonchalantly but never leave her sight away from the stage.

"What smile?" Jessica asked.

"..is the same.. When she jammed with Yuri-ssi. That smile she had now, is the same." Tiffany unconsciously answered again to Jessica's question honestly.

"So..? You're happy with it?" Jessica pressed on.

"Mm.. H-huh?" Finally Tiffany come back from her trance and abruptly turned to face Jessica after she realised what she had just blurted out. She quickly cover with her hand realising her absentminded answer to Jessica. Jessica smirk, staring back at Tiffany with her teasing look.

"Yaahhh Jung Sooyeon..." Tiffany whined in a low voice with her cheek already flashed red in embarrassment.

"Jung Sooyeon?" Yuri asked hearing the name for the first time. "Your Korean name?" Yuri asked looking at Jessica. Noticing how Tiffany glared at Jessica when she saying it, it is understandably that the name is belongs to her princess.

"Oh. She'll only call me by that name when she's annoyed or angry or.. she's serious." Jessica explained. Getting the message, Yuri smiled and turn to Tiffany.

"Tiffany-ssi. Really. Don't need to take it in heart over those smiles of hers. She always smile whenever she play music no matter who she's with. And seriously, the sweetest smile in her life that I've ever seen, it only happened twice before." Yuri said sincerely and look straight into Tiffany's eyes. "The first time was like years back when she's still attached with her ex. And the second time, it was that night when she sang for you." Yuri beamed a smile and winked ending her sentence.

Hearing what Yuri just told her, Tiffany nearly forgot how to breathe. She is burning so red now and her heart beating like crazy she can't even understand herself anymore. Once again, her heart isn't following her brain.

"I.." Tiffany wanted to counter back. But her heart and brain are going haywire that she can't even think properly now. She knows, this is gonna to be bad if she can't control her heart as soon as possible. That's only one solution she can think of right now.

"Jess, I don't think is a good idea if I stay any longer.." Tiffany softly whispered into Jessica's ear.

"ANDWAE! (No!)" Jessica spontaneous reaction act faster than her brain. She yelled and quickly grab on Tiffany's wrist before the girl would make her escape. Yuri as well got frighten by Jessica sudden outburst and abruptly look up from her phone to Jessica thinking what was happening between the two girls. Realising her own voice was too loud that shocked the two girls, Jessica quickly cover apologetic.

"Sorry Yuri-ah if I shock you. But, can you please excuse us for a minute?" Jessica asked politely changing her voice to a soft one. After an understanding nod, Yuri left the two and walk herself to the bar area.

 

"Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. What's wrong with you?" Jessica asked sternly.

"Jess, I can't do this. My heart isn't ready yet." Tiffany nervously said.

"Listen to me. Just friend. Nothing more nothing less and nothing special. Just friend." Jessica said firmly trying to ensure Tiffany.

"I know. But.. whenever I see her face... Her smile. And that dimple she had on her chin! My heart's liking it more and my brain can't control it well. I think, I'd just falling deeper by now." Tiffany sighed. "Can you imagine? I almost got jealous over that girl over there. I didn't even realise it myself." Tiffany continued.

"Tiff, it's just one-side love from you. Nothing will happen." Jessica trying to hide the fact that Taeyeon had the same feeling as well so the girl can feel lighter and easier to get convince.

"Didn't you heard what Yuri-ssi said? Her sweetest smile was on that night when she sang to me too after her ex. I don't think this is only one sided. She wouldn't have even kissed me that night if she don't feel the same way" Being the smart Tiffany, how can such a lie can succeed on her? Jessica sigh defeated.

"You see. You're too attractive. Sometimes I do feel like kissing you too" Jessica teased.

"Yah it's not funny. Anyway I'm gonna take my leave." Tiffany grab her bag wanted to stand up and leave but before she could even stand up, Jessica grab on her wrist pulling her back.

"Hey they're coming over. Don't be such a rude ." Jessica said before she turn to meet Yuri. "Bare in mind, just friend. And I'm here with you. Always." She manage to whispered to Tiffany before Yuri and Taeyeon reach her side.

"So... are you girls done?" Yuri asked.

"Yeap! Just right on time my Seobang." Jessica beamed a smile.

"Hi Taeyeon-ssi! Nice song!" Jessica excitedly greet.

"H-hi. Thank you" Taeyeon shyly reply while glancing over to Tiffany a few times.

"Where is your 'music class student'?" Jessica purposely asked while gripping on Tiffany's hand tight.

"Seo? She'd took her leave after the performance." Taeyeon replied.

"I see. By the way, aren't we all the same age? Can we like, drop the formalities and be closer as friends?" Jessica suggested and of course she emphasis the 'friends' part looking at Tiffany. Helpless Tiffany could only sigh.

"Y-yeah of course." Taeyeon agreed and Yuri nodded her head agreeing on the suggestion too.

"Alright. Let's go then!" Yuri happily said and cling her hand locking with Jessica's before they head out.



-Chapter 15 Ends-

*Song by Taylor Swift - Speak Now*

Baby Seo make her cameo in this chapter XD 
I will have other SNSD members to cameo in some of my chapters too. hehe 


This story reached 100 subscribers! Thank you so much for your support! I will work harder and faster to update more often. ^^
PS- Orange is my favourite colour! So I'm gonna use my favourite colour to show my gratitude here! :D

Thank you to all my new subscribers and thank you to you who had been following my story since the start till now and still patiently waiting for updates. thank you! ;D