Superstar

Breathe

"Hey you're going out again?" The girl who is drying her hair asked.

"Yea, you should join me! I've found a cool place to hang out and I'm going again." the other girl who's applying her make up said.

The first girl didn't reply but stared at her blankly.

"Yah! Just stop staring and go get change!" She command before putting her lipstick on.

 

---


They're now standing in front of a bar after she's being pull all the way here by her bestfriend.

"Seriously Jess. You should stop going to these kinda place. You're the heiress of JungCo." Tiffany reminded.

"Aww come on Tiff, just some air to breathe after a whole day of hectic works... and there's no one here gonna recognise who we are" Jessica groaned ignoring her bestfriend glared.

"Come on~ Stop being such a pain in the and just have some fun with me tonight. It's really a nice place to chill. And it's on me okay? Trust me." she pouted cutely trying to persuade Tiffany to go in.

Tiffany can never win a fight whenever Jessica showing her such a face knowing Jessica won't just give up. Having no choice, she gives in and follow behind Jessica who already hop into the bar happily. They got their seats and ordered their drinks. Tiffany was looking around the place checking it out while Jessica keep staring at one same direction, seems waiting for something, or maybe someone.

"Seems nice here though" Tiffany commented while roaming around the place with her eyes.

The interior look cozy yet comfortable with some low lighting. There are soft music playing too.

"I know right. It's a nice place to calm your mind after a hectic day at work" Jessica said still staring at the same spot.

"What are you looking at? You've been staring at the stage since we came in" Tifany too follow Jessica's sight.

"Not sure... they have live yesterday when I came here. I wonder do they have it tonight too" Jessica finally look at Tiffany and took a sip on her favourite champagne.

"Live?" Tiffany asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah, there's this two really cute girls performing lastnight"

"Are they good?"

"They're.. oh! they're here!" Jessica excitedly said once she spotted one of the girl at the bar side.

"Who?" Tiffany follow Jessica's sight.

There are two girls standing near the bar counter talking with the bartender. One taller with black long silky hair hang loose and a black cap on and the other shorter one with blonde wavy hair.

"I wonder if they will sing tonight too..." Jessica sighed.

Just a moment later, that two girls walk towards a small stage with their guitars and seated themselves in front of the microphone.

"Ah! They do!" Jessica said and grab Tiffany's attention when the girl is busy pressing her phone replying emails.

"Yah.. keep it low..." Tiffany rolled her eyes.

After getting ready, the blonde hair girl clear before she start speaking through the microphone to the audience.

"Ah.. ah.. Urm.. Hi, good evening and thanks for hanging out at our bar here. I'm Taeyeon and this is my buddy here, Yuri. As usual, we'll serenade our dear customers here tonight with our voice. Erm.. here we go. Hope you'll like it!" she position herself comfortably, picking up some tone from her guitar strings before she nodded to the girl with a black cap on who she was introduced as Yuri earlier. After a few click they made to their counting, Taeyeon start strumming on her strings follow by Yuri.

"Ah.. She's Yuri..." Jessica noted to herself. Tiffany didn't really pay much attention and just twirling with her glass of Champagne until a soft yet sweet voice hit her eardrums. Finding the source, slowly she's actually staring at the owner of that voice.

 

*"This is wrong but I can't help but feel like

There ain't nothing more right babe

Misty morning comes again and I can't

Help but wish I could see your face

And I knew from the first note played

I'd be breaking all my rules to see you

You smile that beautiful smile and

All the girls in the front row scream your name"*

 

Her voice is clear and sweet. Just nicely fit into the tone match perfectly in every word by the guitar sound. Sometimes there's a small smile at the corner of her lips when she sang while exchanging stares with Yuri. For a moment, Tiffany was fascinated with Taeyeon's voice. When the chorus part, the blonde hair girl close her eyes and sing so passionately, Tiffany got even more attracted to her.


*"So dim that spotlight, tell me things like

I can't take my eyes off of you

I'm no one special, just another

Wide eyed girl who's desperately in love with you

Give me a photograph to hang on my wall, superstar~"*


Somehow, it took Tiffany's breathe away for a moment staring at her. It's like witnessing an angel falls from heaven just right in front of her.

They exchange a small smile again before Yuri start singing on the second verse.

"Aww~ isn't her voice just too sweet..." Jessica commented while admiring the girl with a black cap.

"...yeah.." Tiffany breathed. But what she meant was for the other girl.

"... Yah! She's mine!" Jessica suddenly snap upon Tiffany's reply.

"Huh?" Tiffany taken aback with Jessica's sudden reaction.

"I mean... Urm.. ah nothing" Jessica turn her sight back onto the stage blushed by herself.

"You're weird tonight..." Tiffany frowned.

 

*"Sweet sweet, superstar~"*


They sang the last line staring at each others with a sweet smile on their face ending the song.

"Did you see that? The way they stares at each others so lovingly? The connection? Aww... are they actually a loving couple?" Jessica blurted out in one breathe losing hope with what she's thinking. Tiffany didn't respond anything, still stunned in fascination by that sweet voice and actually out of her consciousness, she's staring at Taeyeon who started to strum for their next song. Admiring the voice and expression on the blonde hair girl brings out along with her songs, those emotions on every word she sang out passionately. Tiffany got more amazed by her.


After a few songs, they finally bid goodbye and leave the stage. They seated themselves at the bar counter before a man walk to them.

"Here" the man put down two glasses of drink in front of them.

"Oppa..." Taeyeon frowned looking at her glass of orange juice.

"No. You know I won't allow that. Not when I'm here, Taeng" that guy said.

"Aish! I wish that you go back soon." Taeyeon hissed in frustration before gulping down the juice.

"Hahaha. Jiwoong Oppa.. we're old enough for alcohol you know" Yuri tend to help up after seeing the pathetic petite girl rest her head, dead on the counter.

"For me, you're both forever my baby sisters" Taeyeon frowned even more after hearing her own brother's statement. Her brother didn't care much since he's used to it.

"Just endure~" Yuri sing to Taeyeon after Jiwoong walked away.

"Really wish he'll just leave tonight"

"Well~ anyway you did real great earlier" Yuri beamed a smile trying to cheer her up.

"You too. As always" Taeyeon smiled back.

"Hey, look." Taeyeon simply follow Yuri's pointing direction, still leaning her back on the counter.

"New faces" Yuri stated. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow staring back at Yuri in confusion.

"Shouldn't you go and greet them?" Yuri suggested.

"Why should I?" Taeyeon gave her a carefree look.

"Yah. You're half boss here. Shouldn't you interact more with your customers and help your brother's business grow?" Yuri reasoned.

"I'm not gonna care bout his business anymore" Taeyeon shows her dissatisfied expression to Yuri.

"Oh come on Tae... stop being a baby who cry over the spilled milk.. just a glass of orange juice..."

"... why don't you go in my place then..?" Taeyeon suggested lazily.

Yuri could only let out a sigh shaking her head. Everytime Yuri is the one who interact with the customers in Taeyeon's place even though she has nothing to do with the business. Taeyeon is not the type who like to be a social butterfly. She would, sometimes, only when she's hype. While Yuri, being the talkative, overly friendly and cheerful girl always finds it easy to mix around strangers. No doubt to say that half of the customers do come back because of Yuri's friendliness.

 

-Chapter 1 ends-

ps- the * marks is the singing part. this chapter song is from Taylor Swift - Superstar

sorry for my bad english usage >.<