I'm Ready for Love

Breathe

After their midnight snacks and strolled around the places, they headed back to Taeyeon's place. It was the first time for Jessica and Tiffany to visit Taeyeon and Yuri's apartment, Taeyeon's basically. 

"Okay my Princess and Tiffany gonna use my room." Yuri said. " Taengoo-ya~ I'm gonna spend the night laying next to you tonight okay~?" Yuri then turned to Taeyeon and sweetly said with aegyo she did in purpose. 

"So you just gonna do as you please again even I'm just standing here?" Taeyeon raise her eyebrow.

"Well. Someone has to do the job right? And I'm here to help you out." Yuri tap on Taeyeon's shoulder with a wink which Taeyeon just push her hand away with her usual annoyed expression.

"Okay fine. You know my requirement right, before you can even step your foot into my room?" Taeyeon said with a sighed and walk towards her room leaving Yuri at the living room with Jessica and Tiffany. 

"Yep!" Yuri shouted happily before Taeyeon disappeared into her room.

"What's her requirement?" Jessica curiously asked Yuri.

"Nothing much. Just have to make sure that I'm all clean before I go in." Yuri answered but Jessica still have her puzzled face. "She's a clean freak. You gals better don't simply mess up the place as well. Whatever in my room are okay but those out here might be her stuffs, better not to touch it. She'll go berserk if she finds her things not as how she leave it as it is." Yuri warned.

"That's only applied to you Kwon Yuri!" Taeyeon suddenly speaks out while walking out from her room and it shocked all three of them at once.

"Here. Clean towels and toiletries. You two can use the bathroom over there and also feel free to use anything here." Taeyeon handed out two neatly folded towels and some basic toiletries to Tiffany who is nearest to her. Tiffany quickly took it and thank Taeyeon.  

"What?! Unfair!" Yuri whined but Taeyeon just bow goodnight before she walk back in to her room.

"Seobang-ah, where is your room? Do you have any requirement too?" Jessica asked looking at Yuri.

"Nope~ I'm much more easy on this kinda stuffs." Yuri lead them to her room which at the opposite of Taeyeon's room.

"YAH! You sleep in such condition?!" is the first thing Jessica shouted once she walked in to Yuri's room. She was anticipating to see how Yuri's room will look like but to her dismay she saw disaster in front of her. It was so messy that there are clothes everywhere in the closet, dragging out to the floor and even some scatter on the bed as well. The table is fully covered with papers all around un-arranged and can be seen some already open pack of chips unfinished still laying on the table.

"Oh sorry I forgot I haven't clean up my room. Ha..ha.." Yuri rub the back of her neck embarrassed and laugh sheepishly. "Been too busy with the studio lately" she continued.

"No wonder Taeyeon set such a requirement on you!" Jessica glared at Yuri before she fold up her sleeve and starts to tidy up the room.

"AH andwae andwae my Princess-ah. I can't let you clean my room. You go freshen up first. I'll clean it up now." Yuri quickly stop Jessica and grab a towel from Tiffany and push Jessica into the bathroom next to her room. Jessica can't even speak a word yet and Yuri already close the bathroom door leaving her alone inside the bathroom.

"Sorry Tiffany. Do you mind waiting at the living room while I'll clean the room for you?" Yuri then turned to Tiffany and asked politely.

"Okay.." Having no choice, Tiffany just complied and wait at the living room while Yuri cleaning up her room.

 

It is already 3 in the morning when everything's settled down. All four of them had decided to call the night off and head to bed. But Tiffany couldn't really fall asleep. Maybe because it is not her own bed. Or maybe because, it is Taeyeon's apartment. She's been tossing and turning around on the bed for about an hour and she finally decided to leave the bed so Jessica can sleep peacefully, even though her movement is not really affecting the sleeping queen. She then walked out of the room thinking to go to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

 

"Aniya.. I was really busy. Trust me. Yul always keep me busy you know. Yeah.. yeah.. I know.. Okay.. So when 're you coming back? .. you know we always missed you.. Yeah.. of course I am.. it is. Yes. No. Seriously. I was really busy. No... no it's not like that. Noooo.. Oh come on.. It's not like I don't wanna call you. I was really busy okay. ... It's true. Oh God.. why are you making it hard on me?.. yea yea. Okay. got it. yea got it.. okay I understand. Arasseo.. [AN- Arasseo 알았어 Korean slang saying All right] Will make it up to you okay. Ne.. ne.. [AN- ne 네 yes] nado saranghae... ne... [AN- 나도 사랑해. I love you too, 네 Yes.] Safe flight. Bye" Taeyeon pressed the red button on her phone then she let out a heavy sighed while pressing her temple massaging it hoping to ease her headache off.

...

 

"Who.. is it?" Tiffany hesitantly asked. 

"AH! Kamjjagiyah!" Taeyeon jumped to the sudden sound behind her. As what she remember when she's taking the call earlier, she was all alone at the dining area. She frantically turned to her back and saw it was Tiffany.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." Tiffany quickly apologised.

"Tiffany?" 

"Sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop you as well." Tiffany apologised again.

"Ah ani.. It's just Bu- Ahh I mean Sunny" Taeyeon quickly correct herself before she call Sunny as Bunny in front of Tiffany again. "She just making a big fuss that I didn't call her these days when she's on her business trip." Taeyeon starts her complain while Tiffany took her seat across the dining table opposite where Taeyeon is sitting.

"I don't get it why it is always me. Yul never call her too but why is she always making it hard on me and Yul get nothing with it." Taeyeon continued and Tiffany can't hold but chuckled at how cute Taeyeon is when she complaint.

"I see. Maybe Yuri did called call her?" Tiffany throw a guess.

"Noooo. She never did! She never call her for her record. It was only me who will call and check her up. But Bunny never complaint bout Yul and when I didn't just for once, she'll get upset with me. Uurghh Why me??" Taeyeon groaned. "But then why are you still awake?" Taeyeon suddenly realised.

"Oh, I couldn't sleep. So I thought a glass of water might help.." Tiffany brought up her glass of water.

"Ah.. Or maybe do you want to have some milk? It'll help though." Taeyeon reached to the fridge right away and took out a carton of milk even Tiffany haven't reply to her offer yet. 

"Gimme a minute I'll heat it up for you" Taeyeon said gently and beam a smile before she took a small pot and start heating up some milk for Tiffany. Tiffany couldn't even utter a word and only nodded to Taeyeon who already did all the thing.

"..Gomawo.. [AN Thank You 고마워 in informal way. Usually use among friends]" is all Tiffany could said after awhile. 

 

While waiting for Taeyeon, Tiffany was bored and start looking around the messy table. There are a few sheets of paper scattered all over the table that attracted her attention. There were some paper with messy handwriting and some with music notes. Tiffany slowly pick up one of the sheets that place nearest to her and try to understand those writings.

"Ah I was trying to compose before the phone called earlier." Taeyeon spoke up when she noticed Tiffany frowned from trying to read her notes.

"Sorry I don't mean to read your stuff" Tiffany quickly put down the paper remembering how Yuri talked about Taeyeon hate her things got messed up.

"Nah it's okay you can read it." Taeyeon beamed a smile. Tiffany hesitated but her curiosity kills the cat, she took back the paper and try to read again.

"You do compose songs?" Tiffany curiously asked.

"Yeap. When I have the mood and feel." Taeyeon nodded. "Sometimes I do it with Yul too but tonight I have some inspirations so I'm trying to compose it now." she continued while gently hand a cup of warm milk to Tiffany.

"Thank you." Tiffany took the glass from Taeyeon and carefully take a sip while her eyes still on those scattered writings. 

"Is this gonna be your new song?" Tiffany asked pointing at the paper.

"This one? It was new few days ago. Now I'm amending some parts of the lyrics." Taeyeon explained and Tiffany just nodded continue sipping on her glass of warm milk. It was a moment of silence it starts to feel awkward that Taeyeon quickly speaks up.

"So do you.. wanna listen to how it sounds like?" Taeyeon asked. "You weren't around when I first sang it that day" she added, thinking to herself that this might be her chance to convey her feeling indirectly using this song as an excuse. 

"Yeah. Sure." Tiffany nodded and exchange a smile with Taeyeon before Taeyeon grab her guitar leaning against the wall behind her all these while. Taeyeon was nervous but this is her chance. She cleared while making herself comfortable placing the guitar on her lap, pick on a few strings fine tuning it to the right sound. She nervously glance over to Tiffany a few times before she introduce her song. 

"Mm.. okay originally this song titled 'Am I Ready For Love?'. After some thoughts, and some changes over the lyrics it's now titled 'I Am Ready For Love'. I'm glad that you are the first to hear this new version instead of Yul." Taeyeon is nervous but still said it confidently and beamed her warmest smile to Tiffany before she starts to strum on her guitar gently.

At first when Taeyeon asked if she wants to listen to the song, Tiffany didn't think much and just gladly nodded but after what Taeyeon just said, she starts to get nervous by the way Taeyeon intro the song title. And the way Taeyeon smiled at her really make her worry that it might be some kind of confession which she is definitely not ready for it. Before her train of worry got worse, the strum of the guitar strings snapped her back.

 

*"Sometimes I wonder how it's gonna feel

Will my first love be true and real?

Will I be ready when my heart starts to fall?

What will I do when my love comes to call?"

 

As always, Taeyeon sang passionately that quick to captivate Tiffany's heart. Never fail to have eye contacts with Tiffany each time she sang the key words and a small curved at the side of her lips. Tiffany totally drown into Taeyeon's voice and all her worries earlier had been long gone. Her eyes never look away even how Taeyeon constantly had her eyes on her and even sometimes when Taeyeon look back on her guitar strings and sometimes how Taeyeon will close her eyes immersing herself into her lyrics, Tiffany never break away.

 

Until the last verse which Taeyeon had revised on the lyrics and those words she hope so much that Tiffany could understand, she look into Tiffany's eyes sincerely and she sing.

 

*"Will she realise that I'd fallen for her?

Will she fill me with hope and desire?

Will she gimme a chance to show her my heart?

That I'm ready for the joy, I am ready for the pain

I am ready for you girl, I am ready for the stars

I am ready for the bliss, and I'm ready for love."

 

Taeyeon flash her most charming smile before she look back onto her last strums.

There's a moment of silence after the song. Tiffany still staring at Taeyeon. She understand well on the whole verse. Her brain starts to play games with her. All the messy thoughts she had earlier had came back with more new friends. All running around in her mind it almost went short circuit and she doesn't know how to react to it. She can't control it. One part of her was happy that she had confirmed that Taeyeon definitely had feeling for her just like how she had for Taeyeon as well. But there are also a part of her that was afraid of the hurtful future knowing they will have to break apart when time comes. Her face was totally blank now that even Taeyeon had noticed it. Worry it might make Tiffany felt uncomfortable even though how much she wants Tiffany to understand her message through the song she just sang, she have to hold it back.

 

"Mm.. so that's how the song goes after the changes. And that's how I change the title as well." Taeyeon tried to speak up but Tiffany still in her blank mode on.

"Er.. Tiffany?" Taeyeon snap her finger a few times in front of Tiffany but still there are no response back from Tiffany.

"Ti-Pha-Ny-" Taeyeon tried to do her "calling ritual" again, waiving both her hand up trying to get Tiffany attention and magically it works!

"Yeah!? Sorry I- erm.. I think I should head to bed now." Tiffany snapped and stand up abruptly, quickly she excuse herself and dash in to Yuri's room.

'No no no no Taeyeon-ah. You're ready but I'm not. Oh gosh this feeling.' Tiffany thought to herself with a pillow she cover it over on her face. One of her hand drop lower on to her chest, she could feel her heart beating rapidly when she recall how Taeyeon smile to her and how Taeyeon sang those words to her so sincerely.

 

-Chapter 20 Ends-

Alone time with Taeyeon is kinda dangerous don't you think so? keke

Same song, Am I Ready for Love? from Taylor Swift and I edited it. Brilliant! ;)

 

It's already 20 chaps! and it just like 40% of the story done only. Why did I write so long..? god...

 

Thank you for still being with my story.. >.< really thank you. I really wanted to finish this story. Hopefully after Dec I will have more time for this.