Fearless

Breathe

After spending a hectic weekend, they were all back to their respective business and own schedules. Taeyeon busy catching up with her bar business with Sooyoung while Yuri is trying to meet her deadline to finish up her pending music production job. It is already midweek when Jessica and Tiffany finally done with their schedules and have some time to drop by at Taeyeon's bar. They have no plans at all. It just merely because Jessica missed Yuri too much she decided to drop by the bar and not to forget, drag Tiffany along.


"Aww~ my princess-ahh~ I miss you miss you~" Yuri hugged and slightly swing Jessica back and forth once she met her princess.

"It just like two days away? And you're already behaving like this.. What happen if she goes back to States?" Taeyeon blurted out without thinking. All three of them surprised by her statement. For Yuri and Jessica, they already decided on not to think about it but now they're reminded. It triggered Tiffany the most. The main reason why she is still not convinced to take a step forward. First reaction Jessica had was to check on Tiffany. Of course, her face drop. The only issue she always afraid to think about. Even how much she persuaded herself to just go for it but in the end she will just cowardly step back.

"YAH TAE! Why don't we duet a song? Ha ha! Let's go! Ha.." Yuri slapped on Taeyeon's back and talk nervously once she sensed the awkward quiet moment, she quickly divert their attention. "You stupid head" She whispered softly just enough for Taeyeon to hear it. Only then Taeyeon realised that she blurted out the wrong thing.

"Ah. Ha..ha.. Y-yeah.. L-let's go.. s-sing..some song.." Taeyeon timidly said while rubbing the back of her neck nervously. By now Jessica already throwing daggers with her eyes towards Taeyeon, it makes her even more scared now. Yuri then quickly push Taeyeon away from the 'danger' and they quickly leave the place.


"Yah Kim Taeyeon! You wanna die at your early age now is it? How can you said such thing?" Yuri whispered.

"Aish! I don't know man.. I'm so screwed!" Taeyeon pat on her own chest as a sign of frighten.

"Waaa your princess is no joke Yul. Her eyes can just kill me in that second just now" she added.

"I know right. You're a real dumbo to have said that out so nonchalantly." Yuri top it. "Let's go up. It might brighten up the mood with some songs" Yuri suggested and they both walked up to the stage and get ready like they usually do.


"Ah. Ah. Mic test" Yuri speak through her microphone. "Hi, hello everyone." Yuri tried to get the crowd attention before she pass to Taeyeon who still adjusting her guitar at her seat.

"Mm. Okay. Hi Good evening to all my dear visitors here." Taeyeon greets and a loud applause can be heard from the crowds with a small cheering voice from her usual customers. "Right. I know. It's been a while. So now here we are, serenade you guys tonight." Taeyeon joke a little before she looked at Yuri. Getting a ready nod from the taller girl beside her, Taeyeon continues "Here we go, Fearless." she introduced the song title they gonna sing and they starts to strum on their strings.


* "There's somethin' bout the way

The street looks when it's just rained

There's a glow off the pavement
I walk you to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot, Yeah"
 

Yuri starts the first verse.

 

* "We're drivin' down the road

I wonder if you know"
 

Taeyeon sings the second verse and on the third line, she brace herself to look at Tiffany's direction. To her liking, Tiffany is already looking back at her. Confidently she sings;

 

* "I'm tryin' so hard not to get caught up now

But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absentmindedly makin' me want you"
 

With a smile on the side of Taeyeon's lips, she turns to Yuri and they sing the chorus together,

 

* "And I don't know how it gets better than this

You take my hand and drag me head first, Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance

In a storm in my best dress, Fearless"

 

They sing with much joy. It's been days that Tiffany actually missed seeing this side of Taeyeon. Enjoying her music and that smile on her face when she sings, she missed it so much. Just like the lyrics, 'Absentmindedly makin' me want you', she got carried away. Absentmindedly she wanted Taeyeon so much right at that moment.

 

Even though Jessica is also enjoying Yuri's charismatic performance like she always do, she never forget to give a small glance on her best friend as well. Always observing quietly. She starts to think of how smart Yuri is. Singing will never go wrong, she smiles and nodded to herself.

 

* "Well you stood there with me in the doorway

my hands shake I'm not usually this way but
You pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss, it's flawless, really something, it's fearless."
 

They take turns singing their line exchanging glances towards each other. And that smile Taeyeon had on her face, Tiffany unconsciously smile upon it.

 

* "And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first, Fearless"

 

Yuri sang and Taeyeon end it,


* "And I don't know why but with you I'd dance

In a storm in my best dress, Fearless"
 

---

 

After a few songs, they leave the stage and walk to the bar counter to get their usual drink.

"You're glowing, boss." Sooyoung commented with a wink when she handed Taeyeon her favorite cocktail. Taeyeon winked back. She knows if it's from Sooyoung, the cocktail taste will always up to her standard.

"Always feel so great singing with you Tae." Yuri patted on Taeyeon's shoulder and Taeyeon just returned her a smile.

"Waaahhh! Soo. You're always the greatest mixologist here. I'm glad that I have you here." Taeyeon said after a satisfied sip on her drink.

"Tae, let's go on a stroll." Yuri suggested after she gulped down her mug of beer.

"To where?" Taeyeon simply asked.

"Here." Yuri threw her phone to Taeyeon and she grabs on Taeyeon's wrist pulling the girl over to where Jessica and Tiffany seated. Taeyeon yelped. At the same time trying to catch the phone Yuri threw to her, she got pull away as well making her nearly fall off from the high chair just if she didn't balance herself on time.


"Seobang!" Jessica excitedly called when she see Yuri walking over. "Your performance's great!" Jessica continued with a thumbs up.

"Thank you my princess-ah~" Yuri never hesitate to hug her girl and show much affection in front of the other two girls who just look away annoyed with the scene.

"So are we getting off now?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yep, let's go!" Yuri excitedly said. The confused Jessica and Tiffany had no idea at all and they just followed.


They spent almost two hours walking around at a night street market. It's fun for Yuri and Jessica which it's like a date to them. But to Taeyeon and Tiffany, they just walked together awkwardly behind them. After that night, they never really did talk to each others other than a 'hi-bye' greetings.

Worst case to Tiffany after the night stroll, Jessica didn't want to leave her seobang just yet and they're both ended up at Taeyeon's apartment for the night. Which left Tiffany awkwardly sitting at the living room again while waiting for Jessica. After Taeyeon done freshen up herself, she walked out from her room to her comfort zone and she saw Tiffany sitting in the living room.

"H-hey.. urm.. You can rest in my room if you're tired" Taeyeon offered.

"And you?"

"I'll need to go down to help on my bar and discuss something with Sooyoung for awhile. Don't think will be back so soon. And Yul that beast.." Taeyeon looked over to Yuri's room direction.

"Right.." Tiffany somehow seems to have no choice. She was noting silently in her brain to not follow Jessica here ever again next time.

"I'll.. be going then." Taeyeon said while pointing at the front door. "You can use my room. I won't go in." She added pointing at her room direction.

"O-okay.. thanks" Tiffany nodded hesitantly and walk in to Taeyeon's room awkwardly.


---


It was already about 3 a.m. when Taeyeon came back from her business. Seeing the apartment is dark and quiet, she assumed that the two girls from States must have been back to their place. She look over to Yuri's room direction and it's all dark as well, she assumed that either Yuri is out or already in her slumber. Finally she can have her own quiet time, she thought to herself and sighed. Collecting her own quiet comfortable moment, Taeyeon walked to her comfort zone at the dining table. She got herself a cup of hot chocolate on her left hand and with her right hand she pick up a piece of her draft, she read through what she have written so far. Slowly getting into her composing mood, she paced around the dining area humming on the music scores and try to get the right tone. When she got the right tone, she'll quickly grab on her pen and jot it down. Just when she got stuck, she conveniently lean back and reach to her fridge to get herself a few bags of gummy bears and jelly beans. She placed it around the table so she can easily reach and pop some of it when her taste bud demand for some sweet taste. She's trying to recall the lyrics she sang when they went uphill and edit some changes here and there. She picks up her guitar that stands next to her and she starts to strum on it as soft as she can so that she won't disturb Yuri's sleep. Getting the right tone and amend on some of the part that she starts to get herself busy and when she's so into it, she didn't realised that there are someone actually standing behind her.


"Writing songs?" A voice came from behind Taeyeon.

"AH!!" Of course, Taeyeon got shocked by the sudden voice. She turned to her back so quick with a fist she nearly gonna throw a punch whoever it is behind her as her quick reflex reaction to the shock. She had her most frighten expression she ever had and the loudest scream she ever did, her eyes blurted out so big and fiercely she stared at the person behind her.

"Tif..fany.." Taeyeon breathe out. Her expression soften once she saw it was Tiffany but the girl's face had already turn pale from the way Taeyeon's sudden react and it shocked her as well.

"Sorry did I scared you? I didn't mean to. In fact I was shocked by you. Sorry I mean I thought you gals already went back so I didn't expect anyone here and I was so into writing, you know what I mean. Sorry I wasn't aware..." Taeyeon nervously blurted out all at once in a worry tone and she got cut off when she heard Tiffany chuckled.

"No it was me who suddenly came in without warning. I'm sorry that I've frighten you. I should have make some noise so you're aware of it." Tiffany said with her sweetest smile. She finds it cute when she see how Taeyeon nervously blurted her mind out that way, she can't help but giggled upon it. Getting such reaction, Taeyeon also laugh while rubbing the back of her head.


"So.. you're still here.." Taeyeon said after her heart calm down.

"Yeah.. Jessi seems to can't let go of her Seobang this time and she had forgotten bout me" Tiffany got herself a bottle of water from the fridge and walk closer to where Taeyeon sit. She leaned her back on the edge of the table supporting her weigh.

"Sorry, I've used your room till now." Tiffany continued while she look over from her shoulder on to the table where Taeyeon's music sheets scattered all around the table.

"Yeah I'm fine with it as long as it's you." Taeyeon absentmindedly blurted out while she tried to erase a sentence from her music sheet.

... "Ah I mean. It's alright no worries. I did let you use it anyway" Taeyeon quickly correct herself once she realised a moment of awkward silence. Tiffany just quietly nodded.

"But then, why do you need to wait for her till now?" Taeyeon curiously asked.

"She has the key and she don't usually leave me alone in the hotel room so I'm here.." said Tiffany.

"Ahh... but she left you alone out here anyway." Taeyeon mentioned the fact.

"Indeed." Tiffany replied and they both smile upon it.

"So.. you're writing new song? Tiffany starts with a new topic.

"No-t really a new song.. I was filling up and changing some lyrics on the song I sang on last weekend" Taeyeon breathe out looking at her art piece.

"I see..." Tiffany look over to the music sheets Taeyeon's holding. "You seriously gonna use my name?" Tiffany questioned once her eyes fell on the big title Taeyeon had scribbled on top of it.

"Y-yeah" Taeyeon quickly drop her music sheets on the table and pick her pen up as if she need to write something on it. Feeling embarrassed, she blushed thinking back on that morning when she overly-brave to sang her confession out to Tiffany. For a second thought, maybe this is the time she need to tell Tiffany clearly about her feeling. Just when she's so into her thoughts, she felt a slight hot air fan out next to her face. She casually turned to her left only she finds that Tiffany is just a few inches away from her with a serious face expression looking on her music sheets over her shoulder which make her skip a beat. She slowly turn her head back to her paper trying to be as compose as she could. For a clearer view on the lyrics, Tiffany actually had already bend down closer to read the content of the lyrics Taeyeon wrote.

"Mm..You.. really did.." Tiffany furrowed while she concentrating on the lyrics.

Taeyeon just nodded. Can't even bring out her voice.


Being so close to Tiffany make her feel more nervous. A few seconds ago, she just thought of making a clear confession. But now... Let's chill down her heart first. She's trying to breathe in slowly. Knowing Tiffany just so close to her face, she can't help but to turn her head slightly facing Tiffany. She lean back a little bit so she can have a better view of Tiffany. Tracing every bit of Tiffany's profile, her hand had react on its own. Without her knowing, it had reached up and slowly move towards Tiffany's cheek. In no time, it's already cupped on Tiffany's cheek. The sudden contact stunned Tiffany. She was so concentrate that she didn't realised her surrounding. She turn to the hand direction only she found that they are just a few inches away. Her eyes fell directly onto Taeyeon's warm gaze. Their eyes lock. There's no way they can look away. Staring right into each others eyes, they just got so captivated. Like a few times back, they have lost it. They've lost into their own little world, yet again.


Taeyeon's brain is full of words that she wanted to tell Tiffany now. Too many of it, she can't find the best word to deliver it. She open , nothing came out and she close it back. Tiffany? Blank is the only word that can describe her now. With a gentle pull, Taeyeon bring herself closer towards Tiffany. Taking her chance, she move even closer closing the gap between them. Tiffany snapped and wanted to retreat. But no. Taeyeon is not gonna miss her chance anymore. Since she can't find a perfect words to confess, let's prove it with her sincerity. She swiftly yet gently pull Tiffany's back and kiss her even more passionately, not letting Tiffany to move backwards this time. She's not willing to be timid again. Gently she kissed Tiffany. Without breaking their kiss, she slowly stands up and move herself to the front of Tiffany and her hand slowly travel down to her waist now gently hugging her. Tiffany is losing it. Her heart wins it all over her. She can't think straight anymore. All her brain can digest now is that she need the warm Taeyeon's giving her. Without her realised it, her hand had already travel itself up circling around Taeyeon's neck. Getting even more passionate, Taeyeon finally break away letting both of them to catch some breathe. Losing the contact, Tiffany open her eyes to see that Taeyeon is staring right into her eyes warmly. Seeing the girl didn't push her away anymore, Taeyeon softly plant a few more lingering lip kiss on Tiffany's plum lips. Taeyeon grab hold on Tiffany's waist and carry her up to sit on the dining table then she stand herself in between Tiffany's lap. She tighten her arms around Tiffany's waist while Tiffany still had her arms around Taeyeon's neck. Their lips lock again, passionately. Getting more heat from each others, Tiffany's legs got its way circled around Taeyeon's hip locking the girl even closer. Without a second thought, Taeyeon held Tiffany up. Tiffany did yelp a little to the sudden action but it didn't really bother them now as they continue savoring each others deeply. Without breaking their passionate kiss, Taeyeon steadily walked themselves into her room.

 

-Chapter 25 end-

Sorry I'm gonna end the chapter here as I am not good in writing and I didn't even mark this story as (M) >.<

So whatever happens in Tae's room is up to your imagination yo~ Mine is something slow pace and romantic tho~ ^^

 

*Song by Taylor Swift - Fearless*

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever break into.