Am I Ready For Love?

Breathe

*"Sometimes I wonder how it's gonna feel
Will my first love be true and real?
Will I be ready when my heart starts to fall?
What will I do when my love comes to call?
And my daddy tells me that I light up his world
Everyday he says, darling you're my best girl
He tried to teach me from the very start
The meaning of love so nobody breaks my heart

Will my love come in a bowl of fire?
Will it be filled with hope and desire?
Will my love come in a pouring rain?
Am I ready for the joy, am I ready for the pain
Am I ready for the girl, am I ready for love"

 

Her eyes are close. Her sweet voice harmonise perfectly into her guitar sounds with every strings she strums on, with much love she sing her every words passionately. Everyone were so mesmerise with her voice tonight that the only sound you could hear in the room was only her voice and the pick of her guitar strings's sound.

 

"Daebak. It tuned so well." Yuri breathe in fascination, eyes glued on Taeyeon.

"This is why Tiff got attracted so quick I guess... her angelic voice" Jessica said.

"Yeah.. but she's not here tonight." Yuri stated. "Tae wrote this in these two days and singing her sincere heart out there" she continued. Hearing so, Jessica can only frowned to herself remembering how the girl refused to come along with her.

 

Two hours ago before Jessica headed out to the bar, she was with Tiffany in their hotel room.

"Come on Tiff. Let's go. Yuri told me they have a new song tonight we have to listen to."

"No… I'm too tired"

"No you're not! Since Monday, well no not Monday since you had a long meeting. But Tuesday, up until now we're not that busy and always back here early. And all you do was lock yourself here!" Jessica argued.

"That's not true. I did watched TV." Tiff said nonchalantly.

"Yeah.. How great.. Still in this hotel room.. laying on your bed to be precise." Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Just go date with your seobang.." Tiff gestured her hand asking Jessica to leave before she drop herself on her bed, again.

"Oh come on Tiff" Jessica grunted. "Are you not gonna listen to their new song? Yuri said it would be a great song." Jessica continued not giving up.

"I wanna sleep.." Tiff rolled on her side and cover herself comfortably under her comforter.

"Not gonna listen to her voice anymore?"

"..."

Seeing no reply, Jessica let out a sigh. She walked to the side of Tiffany's bed and settled herself next to Tiffany.

"Are you.. by any chance.. avoiding her?" Jessica asked carefully while looking at the ready-to-sleep figure.

"What?!" Tiffany flashed her eyes open once she heard it. "W-why.. would I?" Being too obvious, she stuttered in her words. Knowing she's busted, she turn her body to the other side, away from Jessica.

"You guys kissed" Jessica didn't bother and being her straight forward self, she just blurt it out which cause Tiffany's eyes widen in instant and turn her head abruptly, stared at her bestfriend. She's shocked. How did her bestfriend know it before she even mention anything? Did she by any chance, saw it?

"What? Don't you dare to look at me like that. I should be the one who's angry here that I got the news from Yuri instead of my own childhood bestie, Miss Tiffany Hwang Miyoung." Jessica said in her stern and monotone voice trying to hold her dissatisfied feeling in but it is obvious to Tiffany that she is upset and angry by how she called her name.

"Yuri?" Tiffany raised her eyebrow.

"Don't worry, she didn't see it neither." Like how she always can read Tiffany's mind, this time is no exception. "She accidently make the midget spilled it out." She continued.

"Midget?"

"Taeyeon. Yuri did felt bad and kinda regret though but at least her bestie never hide from her." Jessica narrowed her eyes and glared at Tiffany to make the girl feel guilty for hiding from her but Tiffany only look away avoiding the eye contact.

"Hmm.. You didn't go there the next day, and she also gone missing after that. Now that Yuri told me she's back out again tonight, but you're still refuse to.. I don't know what to think anymore. Yuri even told me about that midget's condition is really bad.. after what you'd told her" Jessica continued.

"I.."

"Yah! How could say not talk about it after what you both did and all she wanted was just to apologise to you? I can't understand this. You know how impactful was it to her? Yuri told me she'd locked herself in her room for two days now. She must be so depressed." Jessica pretend to be angry.

"It was as impactful to me as well." Tiffany retorted.

"Then why don't you just show up and face it, Tiff? She already showing out tonight. You? Still hiding here? To think of it, you didn't even back off when she initiated the kiss did you?" Jessica question and seeing Tiffany just keep quiet, she take it as a 'yes'. "And you ran away now? Imagine how hurtful it is to her. She must be thinking that she scared you off again." Jessica sighed.

"Ah.. I don't know Jess. I need some time to cool it off. True that I didn't back off. In fact, .. I liked it.." Tiffany finally confessed. Jessica look at her, waiting for her to continue.

"That's why I need time. I need to get myself together before I can meet her again. I'm worry if I meet her now, things will happen again.. the worst way you know." Jessica understand well what Tiffany is trying to say. Why the girl keep refusing her heart, she knows well. Even Jessica is not willing to let her bestfriend to get hurt for the same event again. She can't help it. In a way she wish Tiffany can be in love earnestly again, but in another way she worried she will get hurt knowing this seems too similar to her ex last time.

With a sigh, Jessica speaks again. "Just keep in mind, she's just a friend."

"No it didn't work well that way. I've tried. It just.. didn't work out. When our eyes met, things happened. I can't even move an inch. I just.. I just lost into her world. The worse is, I like it."

"Hmm... Are you like.. already fell for her?" Jessica carefully asked. She stared at Tiffany kinda intense it make Tiffany quite uncomfortable. It was a moment of silence before Tiffany sigh and speak out.

"I am.. Jess.. I am. That is why I can't meet her thinking she's just a friend now. My brain think one way but my heart do another way. I need time to make sure my heart listen to my brain first before I can really join you okay?" Tiffany confessed.

"... Can't you.. just enjoy our time here and not thinking bout all those problem or what relationship it is? Like... like me and Yuri. Just enjoy our time being together. Not to worry about this and that, friends or love. Just being together." Jessica suggested.

"I don't know.. you know what I'm afraid of the most.." Tiffany frowned.

"Or... just treat her as an.. oversea's friend of yours?"

"Just if I can do it. I'll really go with you.. kay?" Tiffany then cover herself with her comforter up to her head.

 

---

 

Jessica was so immersed in her thoughts thinking about how to help her bestfriend and what to do to give her a little push so she can recover from her fear. She knows if she just let Tiffany be, she will just let it pass and assume as it's nothing happen before. She need to do something. Her brain's processor running on its full limit finding the best solutions to help her bestfriend that she didn't even realised that Taeyeon had already join in their table until Yuri's voice break her trance of thoughts.

 

"Yah Tae! You're always this awesome aren't you!" Yuri excitedly praised while clinking her third glass of beer towards Taeyeon's cocktail's glass. Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder and proceed to take a sip of her cocktail trying to enjoy the crisp taste of her favorite cocktail.

"Your this masterpiece really worth your two days' lock up in your room Tae." Yuri simply nudge Taeyeon by her arms and Taeyeon just reply with a click of her tongue before she turn to the bar direction trying to get Sooyoung's attention. Using hand sign she show dissatisfied on her current cocktail and asking Sooyoung to mix her another glass with extra half jigger of alcohol like last time. Sooyoung nodded understood and turn to her junior bartender who mixed the previous cocktail for Taeyeon, she slap on the back of his head and can clearly see Sooyoung scolding him for not remembering his own boss' taste.

"So Taeyeon-ssi." Jessica suddenly called.

"Y-yes?"

"Are you...really ready for love?" Jessica asked concern.

"DAE?!" Taeyeon unconsciously louder her voice, in shock and didn't expect Jessica's bold question coming. Even Yuri turn her head abruptly towards Jessica with a question look on her face.

"I mean.. like your song. What will you do when your love comes to call? Are you ready for it?"

"..I... I'm not sure.. That's how I got this song I guess.." Taeyeon hang her head low.

"Taeyeon-ssi, can you please make up your mind? Like real quick. We're running short of time." Jessica telling Taeyeon with a very stern voice. Taeyeon flinched and can clearly see she got frighten for a moment by Jessica sudden change of mood.

"P-princess-ah.. calm down.." Yuri also got a bit frighten to see Jessica in this mood for the first time.

"Ah ani (no).. I mean.. I'm sorry. I.. I just don't know how to put this in a proper sentence.." Jessica got frustrated by her mess up thoughts.

"You see. I can so clearly see that the both of you have fallen into each others but you guys are like keep playing hide and seek, I got so frustrated seeing it and I wanna help you guys so much but I don't know how!" Jessica got so frustrated and she speak in her mother tongue (English) and blast all out in one breath while ruffling her own hair angrily.

"Huh?" Taeyeon got confused. Not because she can't understand English. She can, very well indeed. That is why she got more confused by what Jessica meant. 'Both of us have fallen to each others?' Taeyeon take this word into mind.

"What are you talking about?" Taeyeon asked carefully with her calm voice.

Jessica didn't reply right away. She ignore Taeyeon and Yuri at that moment, with her deep thought she's trying to tidy it up, trying to find the best solution yet again.

"Okay. Here, we shall plan on something for this Friday. I'll definitely drag Tiff out for it.. And you! Taeyeon-ssi! Please make up your mind before Friday so you can tell her what you really want. Either you gonna make her yours or tell her off so she don't need to think about it anymore. And that's the end. I can have a piece of mind by then." Jessica trying to come up with a plan, but neither Yuri nor Taeyeon really understand what's the real plan was. Seeing Jessica in this dangerously fierce and aggressive mood, they both dare not to do anything to oppose Jessica, rather they just keep nodding to whatever Jessica had told them to.

"Yah... your new girl really is something isn't she?" Taeyeon softly whisper into Yuri's ear while they both still pretending like they're understand what Jessica is telling them about her 'plan'. Yuri could only smile weakly not daring to say anything worry that Jessica will hear them.

 

 

-Chapter 13 Ends-

*Song by Taylor Swift - Am I Ready for Love

Some song I actually edited the lyrics to match back my story. If you listen to the song together when reading the lyrics, sure you'll figure it out. keke.

 

The type of Summer Smash Taeyeon love in this story is this:-

https://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/a/absolut-summer-smash-13440.html

 

Why? Because I personally prefer citrus/ fruity flavour. And Taeyeon's personality is a bit dull in the story, I was thinking if one thing that can brighten her life, it needs to be like summer! Happy, refreshing and excited yet chilling~ (that's what I think)

 

And... I have 90 subs ald? Such a milestone for me. Thank you so much to whoever subscribe to my story and to those who bookmarked my chaps as well. Thank you so much. I will work harder and try to upload faster. Hwaiting!

PS- any upvote please? >. <