What is Your Answer?

Breathe

It is already Friday now, the deadline of Jessica's plan for the outing which she wanted to end all the push and pull situation between Taeyeon and Tiffany. Either good or bad news, it depends a lot on Taeyeon's decision. It's not a hard thing to do for Taeyeon after the song she'd wrote and sang days before, she somehow already have a clear answer to it. On top of that, when Jessica asked her that question and yes for a moment she's blurred. That's because at that time she got frighten by Jessica's aggressiveness. But on that night itself, she'd make up her mind clearly on what she really want.

 

It is only 4 in the afternoon where Taeyeon usually still lazy around in her apartment and Yuri is either in her room or at her production studio doing her composing work. Today is different. Taeyeon is too excited and nervous at the same time. She couldn't concentrate on whatever she wanted to do today. Usually she will only go down to her bar around 5 or 6pm to help out on her bar business opening, but now she's already there at her office counting her invoices trying to distract herself for the time being.

 

"TAE! You're really here!" Yuri suddenly storm into the room with a loud voice, startled Taeyeon and she abruptly look up to find it was Yuri. Rushing in together behind her is Jessica, who caused Taeyeon to be even more nervous.

"What? Why? What happened? What d'you want?!" Taeyeon blurted out with her eyes widen in shocked, lean backward onto her chair reacting to how Yuri and Jessica dash towards her.

"I've been looking for you upstairs! You don't usually come down here this early."

"Y-yeah. But you don't usually look for me at this hour too." Taeyeon replied looking at Yuri with a confuse look.

"Taeyeon-ssi. Have you think about my question?" Jessica cut in and asked Taeyeon directly, inpatient to get her answer.

"Y-yeah Jessica-ssi.. I d-did" Taeyeon stuttered afraid of the aggressive and serious Jessica she still not get used to.

"And?" Jessica perk up her ears anticipating Taeyeon's answer.

"..I" Taeyeon stuttered again then take a deep breath to ease her nervousness of facing Jessica, she's indeed scary for now and it make Taeyeon can't talk properly. Even Yuri dare not to bug in.

"Jessica-ssi. I'm sure Yul did tell you about me these few days." Taeyeon look at Yuri knowing the girl would just tell out anything she knows and Yuri can only shrugged her shoulder. "And how I feel towards your bestfriend. To be honest after the Namsan Tower trip, I'm in a mess figuring out bout my feelings. I was so confused with myself and her action towards me I don't know what am I gonna do, what I should do and what exactly I need to do. But your question woke me up. I'd found my answer. I know what I want. And I'm gonna do what I should and need to do. I want her so badly and I seek for your help." Taeyeon continued honestly looking straight at Jessica.

"Glad that you said so. But are you really sure about this?" Jessica urged for a confirmation from Taeyeon.

"Yeah." Taeyeon sternly answered.

"You really like her aren't you?" Jessica teased.

"..Nope.." Taeyeon slightly shake her head it make Yuri and Jessica confused.

"I love her." Taeyeon added confidently with a bright smile before Jessica say anything.

"You sure is Yuri's bestfriends. Unnecessarily cheesiness." Jessica breathe in relief.

"Now. I need to confirm this with you." Jessica change back to her seriousness that make Taeyeon swift in her seat. "Even the both of you aren't meant to be together, you'll still stay by her side?"

"Yes."

"Even both of you need to be separate?"

"Why would we be separate?"

"Let's just say... due to some unreasonable consequences?" Jessica simply pick a guess.

"Perhaps, I'll try not to let that happen?" Taeyeon shrugged.

"You do know that we'll be going back to the States soon right?" Jessica raise one of her eyebrow.

"Y-yeah"

"Then?"

"Then I'll have to find a solution. I'll make her stay. If she can't, then maybe I'll go with you gals." Taeyeon diverting her eyes around thinking for an answer.

"No way..(말도 안돼 (maldo andwae) Yah.. are you seriously gonna just leave me here b'cause of Tiffany-ssi?" Yuri stares at Taeyeon. She can't believe what she'd just heard from Taeyeon. She never thought that Taeyeon can be this extreme. Even Jessica is stoned by how Taeyeon just boldly blurt it out that way but she's content with her confident attitude.

"Are you sure of what you're saying, Taeyeon-ssi?" Jessica re-confirm.

Taeyeon think for a moment. She look at Yuri, then back to Jessica when she answer confidently, "Absolutely!"

"Great! That's just what I need to hear from you. Taeyeon-ssi. I don't know how to say this but, Tiffany wasn't as strong as you see or think she is. She's always looks cool and all, but she's as fragile as this thin and light paper here." Jessica grab one of the invoice bill from Taeyeon's desk. This is why I'm doing all this. All the questions I wanted an assurance from you. I hope you won't disappoint me and I'm fully entrust Tiff to you. Please keep your word!" Jessica sternly warn Taeyeon but by now, Taeyeon no longer scared of her. She's firm on her decision. Jessica then told Taeyeon about how Tiffany feels. As per Taeyeon's request of Jessica's help, Jessica explained about Tiffany's condition and ask Taeyeon to be just friend for now to let Tiffany feel comfortable first and slowly gives in.

 

After a short talk, they realised it is already near 6pm which Tiffany is gonna be done with her work. Jessica quickly rush to their company building to get Tiffany before she's gone missing in action for the night. Taeyeon as well quickly continue with her work so she can go off for their night. And Yuri? just standing there staring at Taeyeon all the time still in disbelieve.

"Am I too y now that you can't get your eyes off of me?" Taeyeon joked looking up to Yuri.

"Heol..." Yuri breathe out.

"What? Too y you're speechless?" Taeyeon wiggle her eyebrow with a smirk.

"Yeah.. too y.. and unpredictable. I really didn't expect you would willing to do so. You're not only awesome. You're a freak too!" Yuri hissed.

"Why? Did you fell for my charm more by now?" Taeyeon teased playfully.

"You're even in such a good mood now to keep flirting with me huh?" Yuri cross her arms in front of her. Taeyeon just give Yuri another smirk before she continue concentrate on her paper work.

"Tae.." there's a bit of serious tone in Yuri's voice. Taeyeon just hummed as a replied while still concentrating on her paper work.

"Are you... serious? Bout you'll follow them to the States?" Yuri fidget her thumb uncertain to ask this question but she's curious. The question did grab Taeyeon's attention. Her hands movement stop in instant, she think for awhile before she look up to Yuri who's looking at her anticipating for the answer.

"You know what, Yul? This feeling.. after all these years. I'm finally confident again. I.. I don't know how to explain this feeling to you but, yes. I think I'm gonna go where ever she go. I'm not willing to lose another girl I love anymore." Taeyeon answered sincerely.

"Mm... Tae. Whatever you do or whatever decision you made, I am always here for you you know that right?" Yuri smiled. Taeyeon too, smile back at Yuri with a nod.

 

---

 

Jessica was pacing back and forth impatiently waiting for Tiffany in her room. It is already past 7 but Tiffany still out of sight. Her secretary told Jessica that she's still caught up in the partnership meeting and Tiffany didn't even know that Jessica had a plan with her, of course Tiffany will take her time to detailed those documents.

"YAH HWANG MIYOUNG!" Jessica shouted right after the door click open and it caused the other girl who's walking in, squinted her eyes hearing the sharp voice of her full name.

"YAH JUNG SOOYEON! What's wrong with you?!" Tiffany shouted back in annoyance to the girl who shock her with the loud voice.

"You're late! I can even build a snow castle while waiting for you!"

"Why? I don't recall we have an appointment?" Tiffany counter back still annoyed on how Jessica shouted her full name while she arranging her files on her desk.

"Quick. Let's go already." Jessica walk over to Tiffany's desk trying to grab those files from Tiffany's hand and put it on her desk.

"What? Where are we going?" Tiffany ask in confusion but Jessica just ignore her. She grab Tiffany's handbag and coat then push it to the girl to hold it before she grab her own bag and she then grab on Tiffany's wrist with her another hand swiftly pulling the girl to walk out of their room.

"Hey wait! Where are we going?" Tiffany trying to find an answer even she's still follow where ever Jessica's pulling her to.

"Sight-seeing." Jessica simply gave her shortest answer while she took a car key from her bodyguard and using her hand sign to tell him she will drive herself for tonight.

"Sight-seeing?" Tiffany curiously ask.

"Yes." Jessica ignite her car engine and start driving off the building.

"With my this- working attire?" Tiffany look at her working suit while her hand pulling the edge of her skirt.

"Of course I'll drive us back to hotel for a change, silly."

"But then.. how do you know where to sight-seeing? And you didn't even tell me earlier that we have a plan." Tiffany questions but Jessica just keep quiet avoiding to answer her.

"...Yah.. Jung Sooyeon... What are you planing on?" Tiffany starts to feel uneasy bout her bestfriend's evil plan.

"Are you going out with Yuri? I don't wanna stand in between the both of you like a bright lightbulb okay. Just leave me out of this" Tiffany continued. She thought Jessica is bringing her along when she's gonna go for a date with Yuri. Jessica can't help but to chuckled.

"Pabo (Korean slang calling someone silly 바보) . What makes you think that way?" Jessica said while she's trying to concentrate on her drive.

"How would you know any place here if it is not for Yuri who's gonna bring you around?" Tiffany countered. Just right at the same time, Jessica pull out at their hotel lobby, undo her seatbelt and turn to face Tiffany. Using her both hand she cupped it on Tiffany's cheeks.

"Pabo-yah~ even if that happen, you'll never our lightbulb okay. I'll never leave you alone remember? She will be the lightbulb instead." Jessica assured her with a smile before she open her door and walk to Tiffany side. "By the way, I'd have you a company for tonight while I have my seobang. So don't you worry bout who's who lightbulb in any way." Jessica continue while pulling the clueless girl out of their car.

 

 

-Chapter 14 Ends-

Short update. teehee. thank you for reading.