Our Code

Breathe

"YUL!" Sunny yelled from the other side. "This is no good! You gotta come back real quick!" Sunny urged.
"Aish! I should have know. Every time you call, nothing's ever good.. What now?" with her phone in between her ear and shoulder, Yuri frustratingly ruffled her hair while she sit Jessica down on her chair when she stands and getting ready to leave.
"Taeng's door is locked! I've knocked a lot of times and there's no respond from the inside. Just come home now!" Sunny panic. Yuri's eyes near to pop out of its socket. Sunny's voice is cracking while speaking, adding more nerves to Yuri.
"Alright alright. I'm coming back now!" Yuri quickly rush up to the apartment and Jessica followed suit.

"What's wrong?" Jessica manage to asked when Yuri unlocking the apartment door.
"Tae locking herself up again." Yuri simply replied.
"Again?" Jessica curious.
"Yeah"
"But I thought she already is.."
"Yeah. But if it's Bunny's call, it's more serious than usual." Jessica suddenly pull Yuri's hand with a serious expression.
"What's wrong?" Yuri asked curiously.
"I know..now is not a good time..but.. Can you.. don't call her by that? Like.. at least when just the two of us.." Jessica pouted. "I mean.. Bunny.." Jessica continued after looking at Yuri's confused face.
"Aah.. I see. You don't like it yea? Arasseo.. I won't say it in front of you again" Yuri snake her hand behind Jessica and pull her closer. "Let's get in and see what's the situation first. I'll make it up to you later kay?" Yuri affirmed and plant a soft kiss on Jessica's forehead before she push the door open and walk in.

Sunny still trying hard to get Taeyeon's response when Yuri walk closer to Taeyeon's room.
"Hey, what's up?" Yuri got Sunny's attention.
"Yul!" Sunny sighed slightly relief once she saw Yuri's appearance, like some kinda savior has appear. "The door is locked when I'm back. I've been knocking for the nth time and there's no sound from inside at all" Sunny worried.
"No sound?" Yuri raised her eyebrow.
"Yeah..Nothing at all"
"Hmm.. This is no good. The last time she locked herself she still respond when I asked her stuffs" Yuri furrowed deeper.

"Tae.. Yul here. What're you up to? Open up." this time Yuri tried knocking the door.
"Does she always locking herself up?" Jessica curiously asked.
"When she's facing emotional breakdown, she does.." Yuri answered.
"Meaning she's breaking down now?" Jessica asked again. "About what?" adding more curiosity in her tone. Yuri open wanted to speak but then she mute it once she remembered that she'd promised Taeyeon not to say anything about it. Just before Yuri can think of an excuses, Sunny's voice break in.
"Taengoo-ah.. please open the door. You said you won't let us worry but you are doing it right now" Sunny tried to persuade the petite girl inside.
"But then.. how sure are you she's inside?" Jessica throw another question and it struck the two of them. Exactly, why didn't they think of it. Yuri quickly glance over to their key holder near the front door.
"No." Yuri confidently said. "She's in. Even she's out, she never really lock her room's door" she continued. She then think carefully, there is a way that it might help.

"Tae.. I just wanna know that you're safe inside. Can you just do this least for me?" Yuri bargained. After a moment of silence, she continued. "I promise after this, we'll leave you for good. Just grab anything that's nearest to you and knock it once, so we know you're good in there. Can you do this for us?" Yuri patiently waited for any sound from the inside. The two other girls just look at Yuri confuse of the situation but also hoping it'll works. After a few seconds of silence, a faint knocking sound heard, Yuri smile in relieve.
"It works!" Sunny excitedly mouthed softly to them and Jessica nodded rapidly, happy with the result.
"Alright good Tae. So you just wanna be alone and don't feel like talking aren't you?" Yuri carefully asked and after awhile, another knock can be heard from inside.
"Okay I got it. We'll leave, but you have to promise me, promise us that you won't hurt yourself or do anything stupid in there okay?" Yuri patiently persuaded her and yet another knock returned as reply.
"Bunny made you dinner, I'll keep it in the fridge for you. Make sure you'll heat it up and eat later when you feeling better okay? We'll leave you all alone here today so please, at least come out for the food. We will leave and only come back by tomorrow afternoon, so the whole unit is yours. Do you hear me?" Yuri assured and a knock heard as reply again.
"Okay cool." Yuri nodded to herself. "We'll leave now.. Tae.. just so you know" Yuri take a breath. She knocked on the door slowly, three times. Placing her palm on the wood she just knocked onto, she patiently wait. Waiting if Taeyeon will reply. It takes longer, but she did. Two knocks first. Then three consecutive knocks after. Upon hearing it, Yuri smile.
"See you tomorrow Tae" She then gesture the other two still confused girls to leave.

"What was that suppose to mean?" Sunny frantically asked once they close the main door behind them.
"Our knocking code" Yuri simply replied. Jessica stared at Yuri, unsatisfied with the short replied.
"She locked herself up a lot after that incident three years ago. I was panic and worry sick so I thought of many ways that doesn't need to talk but I can still communicate with her. She always don't like to talk whenever these kinda things happen. So I tried my luck one time and who knows this knocking way works." Yuri explained.
"Wow! you're genius!" Jessica happily praised.
"So now she knocks back?" Sunny asked.
"Been awhile I didn't have to do this. She still did replied me verbally the last few times. Thank God she still fine with this method. If she didn't knock back, I'll seriously don't know what else I can do.."
"Maybe you just have to crash in" Jessica suggested and Sunny look at her disbelieve.
"What? I did that once when Tiff ignored me and it works just fine" Jessica shrugged her shoulder.
"If I just crash in, it'll just agitate her more and things might turn out worst" Yuri add in.
"Exactly" Sunny expression turn terror remembering some unplesant memory that happened three years ago.
They were quiet for a moment before Sunny speaks again.
"Anyway, why didn't I know anything about the knocking code?"
"Yah. You always outstation. I'm the one stay by her side and look after her all these while. I've to cracked my brain so much to comfort her you know"
"Ara.. ara.. I wish I could be in any help too" Sunny look down. "But then.. what's the three knocking means?" Sunny asked again.
"Pabo.." Yuri shake her head disbelieve that how can Sunny so oblivious on such hidden message. She the lift her hands up and knock on Sunny's forehead -knock- "Sa[I]" -knock- "rang[Love]" -knock- "hae[you]"
"Understand?" Yuri asked the matter of fact.
"Ahhh.. so then she replied back two times and three times is.." Before Sunny can finish her sentence, Yuri quickly cut in with a hard knock on Sunny's head "Nado saranghae! [I Love You too]" She then quickly grab on Jessica's wrist and run for her life.
"YAH!"

 

-Chapter 29 Ends-

It is exactly one year ago today that I started posting this story yet im not done yet! XD Happy 1st Anni to my this story Breathe <3

A short update for now. Enjoy~ ^^ and i realised got a lot new subscribers. Thank you for all your supports =D