A Step Closer

Breathe

Tiffany is now at the games section looking at how those crowds playing with those mini games and there were a lot of soft plushies hanging around the stalls as a winning prizes.

 

"Jess look. That was hard." Tiffany speaks out in her mother tongue looking at one of the game stall. Usually she will get Jessica's replies quite brief but hearing no reply this time makes Tiffany turn over curiously that why is her bestfriend yet to comment anything, only to find an awkward Taeyeon rubbing the back of her head following behind her not knowing what to do. Thanks to Jessica who already out of sight leaving them alone with Yuri.

"Ah sorry I thought.. was Jessi..." Tiffany apologised looking around for Jessica.

"They.. walked to the other side." Taeyeon said when she noticed Tiffany's reaction.

"Oh.. she did left me after all.." Tiffany uttered softly somehow a bit disappointed. Taeyeon heard. She understand what she meant too due to what Jessica had told her earlier. It somehow make Taeyeon's heart clenched a little seeing Tiffany's sad expression. 'No. I will never leave you, Tiffany-ah. I won't.' Taeyeon frowned thinking to herself. 'Right! I shall make your night memorable. This is my chance!' Taeyeon motivates herself and starts to think of things to do with Tiffany.

"So... you speaks English with Jessica?" Taeyeon tried to divert Tiffany's attention and starts a conversation as comfortably as she could.

"Y-yeah.. we're used to speak English when we're together. And.. I tend to blurt it out kinda quick when I'm excited or hype." Tiffany smiled on her own statement.

"Oh? So you mean.. you're hype now? Just by looking at how they play those games?" Taeyeon curiously asked.

"Mm.. kind of. Not like I can play it well though." Tiffany shrugged her shoulder.

"It's not that hard. You sure can play it well. Wanna have a try?" Taeyeon proposed with her excited face.

"Really? The paper will tear off easily once it gets wet" Tiffany tried to be logic.

"Come on. You'll need to have some technique with this." Taeyeon confidently said and pull Tiffany by her wrist then lead her closer to the bucket full of water and small colorful fishes swimming inside.

 

"Ajeossi (A/N 아저씨 Mister/uncle in Korean), two sets here please." Taeyeon requested politely and the booth owner handed her a few paper-made fishing net after Taeyeon paid. They seated comfortably on the stools around the water bucket then Taeyeon hold up one of the net and look at Tiffany offering the girl to play but Tiffany shake her head refused. Having no choice, Taeyeon can only smile before she fold up her sleeve, crack her finger bones all over, then she starts to concentrate and attempt to fish out one of the small fish nearest to her.

"Yes!" Just a few seconds with a few attempts of the runaway fishes, Taeyeon manage to net up one of the small fishes without tearing off the paper. "See! It's so easy!" Taeyeon enthusiastically hold up a small bucket with the fish she caught and show it to Tiffany with a smile.

"You got a fish!" Tiffany widen her eyes amazed.

"Yeah. You can too." Taeyeon said holding up one of the paper net to Tiffany again. "Here. Try it"

Tiffany doubted. But seeing how Taeyeon smile cutely encouraging her, Tiffany seems can't reject it. She gently take the net from Taeyeon, took a deep breath preparing herself like she's gonna dash out to a battlefield. Tiffany then carefully move her net in the water slowly hoping any fish will just stay still for her. For a moment of concentration when she almost got one on her paper net, the fish suddenly jumped and startled her it caused her net to tear off.

"Noooo.. this is too hard.. It just got tore off." Tiffany frowned, but little do she knows, Taeyeon is enjoying seeing this cute side of hers.

"Come I'll help you out." Taeyeon smiled then handed her a new paper net. Tiffany took it and Taeyeon casually hold on to her hand and guide her hand gently trying to net out a fish. Taeyeon patiently and she had her full concentration on the fish. But Tiffany, she lost her concentration once Taeyeon held onto her hand. What's more when they're just a few inches away and Taeyeon's concentrating expression really did attracted Tiffany. She was yet again frozen in her trance, staring right on to Taeyeon and just let Taeyeon hover her hand moving over the bucket of water.

"Gotcha!" Taeyeon sudden voice snap Tiffany back and quickly turn her gaze over to the fishes.

"See! You got one fish now and the paper net still looks good." Taeyeon beamed a smile looking at Tiffany. It strikes Tiffany's heart right away she don't know how to react anymore but to just smile back awkwardly.

'Stop doing this to me Taeyeon-ah. You're too cute now my heart is reacting to it. Fine! Whatever it is even if I'm too in love with you now, let's just enjoy this moment together just like what Jess said.' Tiffany thinking to herself and decided to just have fun for tonight. She don't want to think so much anymore and she couldn't care much now. She'd decided, firmly.

 

"Tiffany?" Taeyeon called for a few times with her hand waving in front of Tiffany's face.

"Earth to Tiffany~ Please wake up~" Taeyeon chanted with her both hand raise up like asking the sky to bring Tiffany back.

"Eh?" Finally realising Taeyeon's hands movement, Tiffany confusedly look at how Taeyeon still raising her hand up and down thinking what is Taeyeon actually doing.

"Thank Lord, for bringing Tiffany back~" Taeyeon continued with her 'small ritual' lifting her hand up and down and swing it into the air looking at Tiffany. Finally catching on what Taeyeon is doing with all these gesture, Tiffany cant hold it and giggled at how stupid Taeyeon can be.

"I'm sorry. But you're too funny now" Tiffany laughed. Taeyeon too, laughed embarrassed looking around her and found a few strangers around them also laughing at them.

"It's okay to be stupid sometimes right? At least you're laughing now." Taeyeon shyly rub the back of her neck. They stay that way for a few second until Taeyeon speaks again to break the silence.

"Here. You try it." Taeyeon hand her one paper net again but Tiffany still refuse to take it.

"No, I'll seriously break it again" Tiffany slightly push it away.

"Aww.. don't give up yet. Look, I have plenty of paper net for you to break!" Taeyeon happily hold up her hand holding three new paper nets she bought earlier and slightly shake it in front of Tiffany.

"When did you get that?" Tiffany curiously asked. As she could remember they supposed to have left one by now.

"I bought it before I ask God to bring you back to earth.." Taeyeon lifted her hand up to the sky trying to do her 'ritual' again with her usual dork smile on her face and Tiffany couldn't react but to laugh at her funny expression again.

"Come on just give it a try." Taeyeon push one of the net onto Tiffany's hand and gesture her to try fish it herself. Tiffany hesitated but since Taeyeon keep pushing on, she just sighed and starts to concentrate on the fishes.

 

After about twenty minutes of trying, Tiffany finally managed to net out one fish by herself without breaking the paper. By now Taeyeon already got about four fishes swimming in her small bucket. This is only the results of her playing the game with a simply manner. If she really concentrate for that twenty minutes on her own without guiding Tiffany, she could have easily caught on more number of fishes.

 

"This is too hard.. You already have plenty when I only got one." Tiffany whined while looking at Taeyeon's bucket.

"At least you got one by yourself now" Taeyeon beamed a sweet smile pointing at Tiffany's bucket.

"Ahh.. this game is much harder than managing a company" Tiffany sighed while uninterested hovering her paper net in the water trying her luck again to get another fish.

"That require a different skills and knowledge I guess." Taeyeon answered while paying the owner for another sets of paper net.

"You buying more nets? How many have we.." Tiffany asked when she saw Taeyeon paying again. "WHAT?!!" Tiffany's eyes widen to her realisation when she look over to her side, she had already broken about twenty or more paper nets which is now lying on the floor next to her. Apparently, when she's concentrating on the fish earlier, once she'd broken a net, Taeyeon was constantly replacing her a new paper net for her to continue fishing.

"How long have we been sitting here? And how much have you been paying for all of these?!" Tiffany pointed at the pile of broken nets on the floor.

"Not really long though.." Taeyeon casually shrugged her shoulder then hand one paper net to Tiffany and one for herself to fish. The rest of the net she hold it on her another free hand. Most of the nets got tear off by Tiffany and as usual Taeyeon will just hand her a new one to continue while she herself also trying to fish out some. To a point, Tiffany hesitated to continue but Taeyeon just push it on her and she have no choice but to try her best to net up some fish.

 

Finally when all the nets already teared off, Tiffany quickly stop Taeyeon from pulling out more money for new nets. Taeyeon then hand out their bucket of fishes to the booth owner to wrap it up.

"Here, take this with you" The owner added one more fish into their bag of fishes to make it even number. "They're all paired up now just like the two of you, young lady." He continue with a genuine smile on his face while handling the transparent bag to Taeyeon. Hearing those words makes the two girls suddenly heat up awkwardly. Taeyeon quickly take the bag, bow to the booth owner with an awkward smile then quickly pull Tiffany away from the stall.

"Come let's go for another game!" Taeyeon act cheerful saying it as if nothing happen, she tried to brush it off so that Tiffany won't feel uncomfortable with what the owner just said.

 

They then walk from booth to booth, playing each and every games they can like hit the cans, shooting darts, throwing balls, anything that you can find in a carnival, they played it all. Mostly, Taeyeon is the one who play or Tiffany got force to play by Taeyeon. Earning more and more prizes from their winning, they're both barely had enough hands to carry it all. Taeyeon even gives out some of the same prize to any random kids she passed by but they are still short handed to carry it all. Taeyeon then suggested to call it off and put those prizes in her car first before they meet up with the other two love birds and Tiffany agreed.

 

Along the way to her car, Taeyeon did tried to start a conversation but Tiffany didn't really engage into her conversation. It's rather a short reply or just a hum from the girl. Taeyeon then noticed Tiffany slow down at a certain game stall and she's staring to a certain direction. Taeyeon follow and saw a huge rabbit-like plushy. Seeing how Tiffany just keep staring at it, Taeyeon think to herself if Tiffany wanted that plushy. Before she could ask, Tiffany already fasten her pace and Taeyeon quickly follow. After they loaded down all the stuffs into her car, Taeyeon pull the other girl back to the game area.

"Why are we here again? I thought we're suppose to meet Jessi and Yuri up." Tiffany questioned.

"Yeah but she's not picking up. Let's play one last game while waiting for them." Taeyeon pointed up her pointer finger gesturing one and winked at Tiffany.

"Ajeossi! What I need to do to get that rabbit?" Taeyeon asked the booth owner and pointed to the huge plushy Tiffany had her eyes on earlier.

"Ah. One game with five arrows, you need to hit three arrows right on the 10 points to win it." the ajeossi explained.

"Alright, Gimme a try." Taeyeon coolly pull out her cash and paid to the ajeossi.

"Archery is a piece of cake" Taeyeon confidently told Tiffany who's looking at her with a puzzled expression.

'Is she interested in that plushy too?' Tiffany stoned for a moment thinking that Taeyeon would like soft plushy too.

 

 

-Chapter 17 Ends-

Thank you for being patience with my story > . <  sincerely thankful to all my readers ;)

 

ref:-

Goldfish scooping

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfish_scooping