☆Chapter Twenty-Nine☆

FOREVER

 

A44 Dorm (Cai Xukun, Qinfen, Dong Yanlei, Wang Ziyi)

Xukun laid on his stomach on his bed with his laptop out in front of him. "Chu XiaoXiang age 29 graduated at 'Genes Medical University' in South Korea..." He was looking up at details about their new physio because when Xukun first saw him he had a strange feeling that he has seen him before. He then hears the door click open and he immediately shut his laptop slipping it in the gap between the wall and the bed mattress . He pulls up his duvet and peeks through his curtain of clothes to see Dong Yanlei skipping in with Ziyi behind him "Hey Ziyi that Yoghurt drink you gave us today was delicious where did you get them from? You should buy more!" "I got them from the convenience store near by which flavor was the best? I can buy some more next time" Ziyi said. "Wow, why are you so nice today?" Yanlei asked surprised "Hmm maybe I'm just in a good mood" Ziyi replied. "Heh so everyday you're in a bad mood then" Yanlei joked. "Kun-ge Kun-ge?... He's asleep" Yanlei called out and Xukun gave no response so he figured out he's already sleeping, but really Xukun just didn't feel like seeing or talking to anyone. "It's getting late let's wash up and sleep now" ZIyi suggested then he notices a missing person "Where's Qin Fen?" he asked. "I think he said he's staying with Mubo for the night you know things a couple would do duh" Yanlei answered.

Nex7 day

Xukun sat quietly in his seat next to Ziyi. They had History class with Principal Zhang ,you can say a difference between their school and others is that their principal is also a teacher instead of staying stuck in his office he teaches a few classes too. This makes Xukun admire Zhang Yixing more Yizing was always reliable and responsible for the school and loved interacting with students like any other teachers in this school too.  Xukun was glad when he saw Zhengting enter the room all smiley and healthy  as he was talking to Wenjun and suddenly Chengcheng and Xinchun jumped onto them. Xukun stood up when Chengcheng jumped on Zhengting afraid he'll fall but was relieved when Zhengting was still standing and laughing in Chengcheng's arms. "Bro what's wrong?" he heard Ziyi  ask "Nothing I just dropped my pen" Xukun replied in a monotony voice and pretended to pick up his pen and sat back down.

During the day Xukun couldn't focus in class because he was distracted by so many thoughts in his mind "Ziyi, Zhengting and that new physio Casper... Wait why should you be thinking about Zhengting you idiot" Xukun thought to himself. He realized that these past few days he has been giving more attention to Zhengting than before, it's probably because he feels guilty and responsible for him. "It's love" a voice said causing Xukun to flinch and nervously looked around him "Did I say that out loud or did someone just read my mind? ". 

He looked behind him and Xingjie and Yanchen (who sat behind him) were looking back at him "Xukun this reads 'Love' right?" Xingjie asked as he showed a Korean magazine with the hangul characters '애정'. "Y-yeah" Xukun nodded, "See I told you!" Yanchen exclaimed "By the way Xukun you can read Hangul too?" Yanchen asked as he was a bit surprised. "Yeah I went to a middle school in Korea for a few years" Xukun answered, Xukun realized Yanchen was one of the people he who he could be comfortable with. Yanchen mouthed 'O' like it was another new piece of information he learnt today.
Xukun turns back to face the front again this time his attention was on the small scar on his pinky, on his right hand. The scar was from weeks ago so it was fully healed but it left a brown tint line luckily it wasn't visible. He remembered the scar was from when he helped Yanchen and Zhengting pick up shards of broken mugs. The memory of Zhengting wrapping a Pepa pig bandage came up Xukun's mind. He looks at Zhengting who sat 3 rows in front of him and was smiling at Bi Wenjun. Zhengting barely smiled at him like that, no it's like he never smiled at him. Realisation made Xukun frown "I don't treat him good enough to deserve it" he said to himself. "Cai Xukun you look distracted at the back there " Yixing suddenly said. Everyone turns to look at Xukun including Zhengting. Xukun glances at Zhengting before standing to look at Yixing. "Zhang Laoshi I..." Xukun started and just at that moment the bell rang. Seeing that everyone has already started to pack up Yixing decided to let them go and reminded them to finish pages 21 and 22 for homework."Cai Xukun come to my office" Yixing commanded and then everyone was dismissed.
 

Zhang Yixing's Office

Yixing sighed deeply when Xukun stood in front of him. "Tell me why were you off task in class and how come you haven't done any of the given worksheets" said Yixing. Xukun was confused when Yixing asked him that "So it wasn't anything that serious then why did he bring me to the office?"  he wondered. Not completing work, slacking in class and not even coming to classes were normal things Xukun did and all teacher would know that, it wasn't like a huge thing Yixing should freak out about. Xukun was silent for too long Yixing just got straight to his point "Actually.... I've made contact with Pelias" he said in a cold dead tone. Xukun froze at the mention of Pelias, the organization he had conflict with. Yixing looked at Xukun's reaction before continuing "I haven't seen the big boss yet my friend is still trying to arrange an appointment for me". "But I thought you've already solved my problem so why are you telling me this" Xukun finally talked. "Now the boss knows that I'm invading their territory they would keep an eye on me and probably you so you need to be careful. Also have you meet Casper?" Yixing asked. "Casper? the new physio?" said Xukun "Yes" Yixing confirmed " I brought him back from Korea. And he's a former Cross Gene member a unit that used to work for Pelias organization ". "Cross Gene? Shin's unit?! No wonder he looked familiar" Xukun whisper yelled in surprise. "Shin? Ah you mean that great hacker? Yeah their unit broke off from Pelias. I'm going to be spending more time in Korea so while I'm away you can find Casper for help if anything happens, got it?".






 

°Forever For you °