☆Chapter Nine☆

FOREVER

(I don't play basketball so this selection thing is made up)

 

 

Indoor gym

Basketball court 3:10pm

The gym was packed with students, either they were there to join the basketball team or to watch the selection. The basketball coach Mark was seated at a white table with the other P.E teachers, the basketball team captain Cai Xukun was also there standing next to Mark. This year they are taking  5 new members to join and compete in competitions.
 

Nurse Room

"Bingbing jie you should come and support Chengcheng! " Justin was at the nurse room where Fan Bingbing was organizing pills and medicine "Sorry Justin but can't you see I'm really busy" Bingbing declined kindly her eyes not leaving the empty shelf.

Justin continues to whine "Come on~ you can sort those out later! Your brother is now in a critical situation, since his mum can't be there to support him you should at least be there for him!".

Bingbing chuckles at Justin's excuses "You make it sound like he's still 5, and isn't Zhengting the 'mother' of the group? just get him to watch".

Soon the room went silent, Bingbing glances at Justin who starts to pout his puppy eyes were opened big and round sparkling, bottom lip pressed out shes sighs as she couldn't resist his quest now."Fiiine I'll go just let me finish this one box and I should be there in a few minutes ". Justin nods his head trying hard not to squeal too loud and skips away. Bingbing sighs again "You know, you'll be the best support for him".

 

 

 

Indoor Gym

Zhengting, Quanzhe, Zeren and Xinchun were seated at the front row, they came to cheer on Wenjun and Chengcheng . Zhengting leans over the rail, eyes wandering around looking for Chengcheng and Wenjun among the crowd of 20 people who have passed the first round which was shooting a lay up.

He spots Wenjun chugging down a bottle of water and Chengcheng seeming to be trying to call someone on his phone  Zhengting guessed he was looking for Justin.

His eyes trail down to the teachers who seem to be marking the profiles and organizing the next round , but as soon as he saw the familiar honey brown hair he prays that it wasn't who he thinks it was.

God doesn't seem to be on his side anymore as the brown haired turned around coincidentally making contact with Zhengting.

"Oh " Zhengting thought when he quickly bobbed down behind the iron bar but stood up again, because there was no reason for him to hide from Xukun. When he looked up again Xukun was back to taking notes.

Later on Justin arrives puffing "Where were you what took you so long? " Quanzhe asked. "I-I .. was lost this school had more buildings than I thought it had" he said between huge breaths Zeren pats Justin's back and told him that he missed out the first round in which Justin groans. The numbers of competitors have already decreased to ten people entering the last round.

"Ding Zeren?" Zeren's heart skips a beat when he sees Zhou Yanchen behind him. Zhengting also looks at Yanchen "Oh Zhou Yanchen!" he gives him a handshake. Zeren looks at them confused "You two know each other?" he asks. "Yeah we meet at the job interview for Marshmallow Cafe, I remember we were both so nervous " Yanchen nods at Zhengting agreeing with the last part.

"Have you and Zeren met before dance class?" Zhengting asked . Yanchen replies"Yeah" ,Zeren's face lit up 'Does he finally remember me? ' Yanchen continued "He gave our dorm cheesecake " Zeren slightly slumps at disappointment.

They get interrupted by loud cheering "Cai Xukun! Cai Xukun!Cai Xukun!"

"Why are they cheering all of a sudden?" Zhengting asked Chaoze in an annoyed tone. "Well 80% of the students came here to watch him anyways like that one over there" Chaoze points to Zuo Ye who was standing and shout "Cai Xukun" non-stop.  "Cai Xukun is already in the basketball team, He's even the captain! They need to calm down ,this is a team selection not a basketball game, oh my gosh" Zhengting's complaints however was heard by Zuo Ye that he stopped cheering to stare at Zhengting , which Zhengting doesn't notice.

The last round was defense and shooting , the competitors will compete with current basketball members to mark their reaction, defending and shooting skills so the judges can sort a position for them. The last person to get tested was Fan Chengcheng , Cai Xukun went up to verse him not because of what happened this morning but because Fan Bingbing told him to, she wanted to see how Chengcheng will face this challenge .

"FAN CHENGCHENG!!!" Justin screeched at the top of his lungs that it was louder than all the 'Cai Xukun' chants. Everyone looked at his direction giving him weird looks but Justin continued to cheer the YH boys joining him , the students were now whispering sentences like "Wait Fan Chengcheng? that's Bingbing laoshi's little brother?" "Woah really?".

Chengcheng hid his face in embarrassment but quickly focuses on Cai Xukun in front of him, who reaches his hand out . Chengcheng quickly reacts and bounces the ball behind him ,his back turning to Xukun. He lowers down and side steps keeping the ball close to him ,just then Xukun's hand appear hitting the ball off him and dribbles it. The test slowly gets intense both snatching the ball off each other for a few minutes and very close to scoring it in the hoop until...

Xukun runs with the ball bouncing beside him ready to dunk it in the hoop, he was only 5 metres away when Chengcheng in front of him steps aside leaving a clear pathway for Xukun. The audience including the judges were confused . '4 metres... 3...2'  Chengcheng counted in his head at '1' he bend his knees and sprang off, arm stretched out and 'pam!' the ball was out of Xukun's grasp Chengcheng now holding it. Xukun just stayed in place as he watch Chengcheng score a 3 pointer he snickered a little and went back to sit next to Mark. Mark passes a water bottle to him , Xukun accepts it taking a gulp of water "You purposely went easy on him didn't you?" Mark said clearly knowing why Xukun did that "This isn't even a game, we still need to see if he can actually shoot anyways. " he calmly said "If Bingbing jie didn't request me I probably would be able to observe him properly and list down a lot of things unlike you, look " Xukun nods his head at the paper Mark's clip board, there were only 6 sentences. Mark smiles at Xukun "Oh mind helping me?"  Xukun rolls his eyes but still points out some things from Chengcheng like his elasticity, stamina and concentration.

"Waaahhh Chengcheng you're amazing!" the boys cheered. " Calm down~ ,this is a team selection not a basketball game" Chaoze said mimicking Zhengting, earning a slap on his arm.














 

°My two hands are only for you to hold tight°