☆Chapter Fourteen☆

FOREVER

 

Marshmallow Cafe
4:35pm

It was Bu fan who came to get Xiao Gui from the toilet.

Xiao Gui was surprised to see Bu fan they were in the same cafe but somehow didn't notice each other. Bu fan only just knew Xiao Gui was in there when he saw Vava standing impatiently outside the toilets her hand crossed and foot tapping. He asked her what she was doing there in which she complained that Xiao Gui has been in the toilet for too long she had to leave and it was his turn to pay.

When the three Xiao Gui, Bu fan and Ruibin exited the restroom they separated into two directions. Bu fan went to find his coworkers while Xiao Gui and Ruibin went to the counter together so Xiao Gui could pay for the remaining bill.

When Xiao Gui found Vava there was another person standing beside her. The man wore all black except for his beige jacket and white sneakers. Xiao Gui walked closer to the two trying to get a better view of the man's face.
"You're finally here what took you so long?" Vava said when she turned around and saw Xiao Gui. Xiao Gui didn't say anything as he didn't hear her instead was a bit surprised the man next to Vava was Xingjie. "Xiao Gui?" "Huba " they both say at the same time Xingjie immediately frowns "Don't call me that" he scowls. Xiao Gui sticks his toungue out teasingly.

Vava looks between the two "You two know each other?" She asks. "We go to the same school and are roommates, how come you know him?" Xiao Gui says thumb pointing at Xingjie "I met him at the bar I often go to" shes replies.
"Anyways see you at the bar Xingjie don't forget to prepare my favorite drink" Vava bids goodbye to Xingjie and Bu fan who just appeared "Well I gotta go too See you at school! Peace out!" Xiao Gui salutes with his two finger before following Vava out the door.

Xingjie checks the time on his wristwatch '4:43' "Hey Bu fan, go find the others I'll wait outside in the car"
Xingjie lazily smiles at Bu fan patting his shoulder then heading to the door.
Bu fans huffs out an annoyed sigh as Xingjie leaves, he steers his head around looking for his friends and co-workers he sees Xukun next to Zhengting and Yanchen and thankfully Luo Zheng and Qinfen were seen or else he'll have to check the second story of the cafe and he does not want to walk that far.

○●○○●○○●○

Yanchen doesn't know if he regrets offering to help Zhengting clean because  first he could have been in the room resting on the comfy couch instead of standing awkwardly next to Xukun and Zhengting and trying to start a conversation he knew clearly what happened between the two as Zhengting had ranted on about Xukun to him one time. But from when Xingjie introduced each other Xukun didn't seem that bad to him, maybe because Yanchen was Xingjie's brother that's why he's nice?

Everytime Yanchen tries to start a conversation with Xukun, Zhengting doesn't seem to cooperate and always tries to end it quickly. "Um Xukun I'll carry those" Yanchen says pointing at the broken pieces Xukun has picked up "No it's ok, where's the bin?" "Ah we put them in the bucket it's in the kitchen-" "Cai Xukun we're going" a deep voice interrupts which belonged to Bu fan. "Oh just wait" Xukun replied Bu fan nods walking away.

○●○●○●○

Zhengting pushes the door open with his shoulder walking into the kitchen with Xukun following behind , Yanchen went back into the break room so he had to lead him to the kitchen. He puts down the tray of glasses onto the steel table grabbing a white plastic box underneath it placing it on the table too before swiftly tipping the tray of broken glasses into the box. He moves aside for Xukun keeping an eye on him as he placed the white porcelain glass into the white box Zhengting's eyes immediately caught a glimpse of something red curiously he peeks into the box eyes wideninh when he spots the red blood stain. He looks back at Xukun who is now walking towards the door. As Xukun's right hand pushes the door open Zhengting can see the small fresh cut near the finger nail on his pinky.

Zhengting picks up a napkin from the table and holds onto the door after Xukun. "Cai Xukun your hand " Zhengting says sternly.

Xukun lifts his hand up only for Zhengting to grab a hold of. Zhengting's other hand holds the damp napkin and gently taps around the wound to clean the dried blood. Xukun was a bit taken back by the sudden action but stayed still secretly enjoying it as Zhengting's soft fingers were gently gripping on his wrist . Xukun tilts his head to look at Zhengting's face, Zhengting's eyebrows pressed together showing how focused he was trying to clean the would. Zhengting let's go of Xukun's hand to shuffle in his pocket for a bandaid. Xukun frowns a bit at the loss of his touch but seeing the Pepa pig bandaid Zhengting has in his hand made Xukun frown more "Seriously?" Xukun asks rhetorically. The touch of Zhengting's hand somehow brings back warmth Xukun believes it was because the cafe's heaters are getting warmer.

"Done" Zhengting chirps smiling for a second before remembering the patient was Xukun. "Thanks" Xukun says in a sweet voice "Uh You welcome" Zhengting was uncertain if  Xukun was being sincere or not but this time he wanted to believe it was real. "Zhengting! Stop slacking help me and I'll let you off early! " the manager shouted from behind the counter "Coming" Zhengting shouts back swinging his right leg to march to the counter. He gasps when Xukun grasps his left forearm his body facing too close to Xukun. Zhengting gulps stepping back but Xukun has his other hand wrapped around placed on his back. "W-what" Zhengting cracked his eyes shaking and wandering in different directions just not Xukun's face. Xukun brings up his wrapoed pinky frowning "Do you not have another bandaid? I don't want to go to work with this". Zhengting lets go of Xukun's grasp taking a huge step back ready to run "Sorry but that's the only brand I have, ask someone else or go to the toilets there's an aid kit but it's locked and I don't have time my manager is calling for me bye bye" Zhengting quickly waves and fast walks to the counter.

Xukun hisses stuffing his hands in his jean pockets his frown slowly fading into a smile.




 

°Forever you forever now°