☆Chapter Six☆

FOREVER


 

Monday 6:00am

Minghao/The8 p.o.v

"Minghao! Minghao!" Someone whispers my name shaking my arm.

I blinked one eye open to see Mark's blurry face.

"Eh Mark " I yawn out while rubbing my eyes to see him properly.

"Get up we're on morning duty" he said quietly.

Oh yeah that's right me Mark, Jackson and Henry are on Morning duty we need to wake up the students so we can take them for a run.

After changing into a mint green shirt and black shorts Mark and I walk to the A block dorms."Can we actually manage to wake up over 200 students?" I ask worried Mark seemed like a quieter person than Henry and Jackson. "Don't worry" he grins "There are speakers installed in every room and I have the controller " he shows me the microphone like remote.

6:30am

When we reached A block Mark held the microphone to his mouth, switched it on and took a breathe in "WAAAAAKE UPPPP! MARK ALARM IS HERE AGAIN GET UP BEFORE I WHIP YO ! HURRY PUT YOUR P.E GEAR ON WE HAVE A MORNING RUN!" He screams his face turning red. That was so loud I could even hear the speakers from inside! What surprised me was Mark a quiet and polite person is actually doing this.

"Do we have to wake up them up like this" I questioned, like wouldn't it affect their hearing? No wonder no one listens in class.

"Ah this is only for today the principal finally announced that they'll have to wake up by themselves. It will my last time waking them so you can say I did this as a farwell-I-am-never-going-to-wake-you-up-again gift" mark explained clearly happy about it not even showing a bit of sympathy.

________________________________

Dorm A32

No p.o.v

"Ahhhh my ears" Yankai cries right after Mark .

"SO NOISY!" Xingjie covers his ears then remembers somthing he sits up "Yanchen?!". Yanchen who was already out of his bed looks up at Xingjie.

"Are you okay? You don't have a head ache?" Xingjie throws questions at Yanchen making sure he was fine.

Yanchen smiles at how caring Xingjie still is "I'm fine , but he won't wake up" Yanchen points to Xiao Gui who is dead asleep.

"How come he's still sleeping? Hey Xiao Gui!" Yankai knocks on the bed above him. Xingjie yawns "Just let the teacher wake him up". Yanchen shakes his head "Mr Zhang said teachers won't be coming up to wake us up anymore" he climbs the ladders to Xiao Gui's bed. "Careful" Xingjie warns worried Yanchen will fall.

"Why don't you wake him up then" Yankai shots out from his bed getting changed into the tracksuit.
"You're the tallest guy here! Just reach your arm out and you can slap his face!".

Yanchen is currently shouting at Xiao Gui (who is holding onto Huba plushie with one hand and the other hand above his head). "Xiao Gui! Get up~!" Yanchen shakes Xiao Gui's free hand.

Yankai and Xingjie have finshed changing they were now waiting for Yanchen and Xiao Gui who still hasn't moved a bit. The door suddenly knocks Xingjie unlocks the door he immediatly frowns it was Shengen.

Shengen looked at him shocked "Don't tell me Xiao Gui is here " Shengen was hoping Xiao Gui isn't sharing a room with Xingjie. "Xiao Gui's here" Yanchen responds pointing to Xiao Gui's bed "He's not waking up ". Shengen steps inside "Ah! Knew it I came here to wake him up if you don't mind, I'm his friend " they nod at him allowing  him in.

Shengen gets on Xiao Gui's bed "Calling him 'Xiao Gui' won't work" he says to Yanchen. "You need to call him by his real name or nickname  Wang Linkai! Linlin! Kaikai!".

The boys showed different reactions:

"Linlin? Kaikai? Weird nicknames" Xingjie grimace.

"Omg cute nicknames for cute Xiao Gui! " Yanchen was smiling.

"I feel like I'm watching a 'How to wake up Xiao Gui' tutorial that is going to fail " Yankai mentally said to himself he was still dazed as to what is happening.

Shengen continues "Hey lil ghost! Oi Linlin gongzhu(princess) !-opps!"Shengen clasped his hand over his mouth for he accidentally slipped Xiao Gui's most disliked and secretive nickname.

He turns to Xingjie, Yankai, and Yanchen. "Do not to use that name and that the sixth person must never know this!"  Yanchen and Yankai nods keeping the promise... they all look at Xingjie's direction.

Xingjie had no idea why they were staring at him he wipes his face to check if there was anything on it . Yankai opens up about how Xiao Gui lost his papers "... you're not going blackmail him with this right?" Shengen gasps.

"Why are you all attacking me? And what's with Linlin gongzhu/princess?" Xingjie retorts.

At the mention of his nickname Xiao Gui suddenly shot his hand up "hmmm 5 more minutes mum" Shengen quickly gets back to work "Lil ghost! Get up now!!  Hey do you guys have scissors? "

"Why?" Yankai asks actually looking for scissors .

"Because I'm going to CUT HIS DREADS!"

Xiao Gui sits up flapping his arms at Shengen"No no no! I'm awake! "

Shengen quickly grabs Huba plush and throws it Xingjie who catches it.

"Huba! Zhu Xingjie! Give me back HuBa!!!" Xiao Gui shouts.

Shengen hurriedly gets down the ladder "I've completed my mission bye" he quickly runs out the door.

"Hey! Xu Shengen get back here!" Xiao Gui jumps off his bed almost slipping.

Yanchen holds Xiao Gui's arm "Hey Lin- Xiao Gui change into you tracksuit first! You can chase him during the run"

"Oh" he obeys and snatches Huba from Xingjie "Huba you better not throw Huba again". Xingjie rolls his eyes

*knock knock*

The door opens and Mark pops his head in "Ah y'all awake already "

"Yeah thanks for screaming" Xingjie said sarcastically.

"Hehe sorry but from now on you'll have to wake up yourselves ,don't forget to be on the field at 8 see ya" he leaves.

5 minutes later someone knocked on their door again.

*knock knock*

"Why does everyone love coming to our room?" Xingjie thought.

Xiao Gui opens the door "Haaaii" he greets the boy standing there.

"Hi~ I'm Ding Zeren I'm your neighbour so we will meet a lot I have some cake for you guys " The dorm A32 roommates also introduce themselves.

"Waaahh" Xiao Gui stares at the pink strawberry cheesecake, his mouth drooling as he takes a plastic spoon from the plate and scoops a big piece, devouring it deliciously. Influenced by Xiao Gui's reaction Yanchen also takes a bite "Woah! Delicious!" They both start to gobble up half the cake.Zeren could feel his face heat up " Well I need to go back hope we will get to know e-each other more" he stuttered and walks out the room. Xiao Gui waves and reminds him to bring more cake. Xingjie and Yankai also leave the room to meet at the field.

Now that they left, Yanchen finally ask a question he's been wanting to know.

"What's Linlin gongzhu/princess?"he blurts out causing Xiao Gui to choke.

"!!!sorry" Yanchen quickly pats Xiao Gui's back and gives him water."H-how did y-you" Xiao Gui was now stuttering. Yanchen replied truthfully "Shengen, when he came to wake you up "

"That bastard is going to die today" Xiao Gui thought.

"It's a nickname my parents gave me" Xiao Gui mumbles."Wait does Yankai and Huba know?" "Yeah but we promised to say it unless waking you up since it was the most effective method" Yanchen answered.

"Yanchen! from now on you're only allowed to wake me up please?" Xiao Gui pleads pouting.Yanchen giggles " I'm the only one who is willing to wake you anyways". Xiao Gui sighs in relief "Good".

Yanchen got more curious and threw more questions "Why do you hate that nickname so much? ""...my old primary school found out and bullied me that's why I moved schools and rebelled a lot ... can I ask you something?" Xiao Gui explained while slipping on his jacket.

"Hm?" Yanchen was done and dressed in his tacksuit.

"Do you have like an illness or something because Huba and Yankai is always careful with you. You're like a fragile glass that is wrapped in bubble wrap... unless... "

"Oh that's because I use to get seizures or panic attacks easily, nowadays I just get small headaches"

" Really? How come?"

"Yeah well I don't know why I probably got into an accident . Xingjie said he went fishing with Yankai and Zhou Rui-"

Xiao Gui interrupts"Whose Zhou Rui?"

"a friend also Xingjie's ex " Yanchen whispered Xingjie's name but Xiao Gui heard it.

Xiao Gui raises his eyebrows "Wow Huba dated someone before"

Yanchen hushed the boy "shhh let me finish, they were only like 10 that time. He said that he thought he caught a huge fish! But it was actually me! ..."

 

*flash back 10 years ago*

*Age
Zhu Xingjie= 10
Zhou Rui = 10
Zhou Yanchen= 8
Zhang Yankai = 6

Village, River

"Uncle Zhu! look I caught another fish" Zhou Rui shows the small silver fish to Xingjie's dad who was helping tiny Yankai holding a fishnet.

"Wow Zhou Rui is amazing!"

"Hmph I can do better!" Xingjie shouts he walks closer to the lake.

A few minutes later Yankai screams.
"Ahh! Uncle I caught a big fish! " Yankai swings his net onto the rocks

Zhou Rui comes to take a closer look at Yankai's fishnet, inside wasn't a fish he pokes it "Dummy that's a bag " Xingjie says from behind.

"Someone probably dropped it bring it here" Mr Zhu takes the backpack and opens it inside was a few note books.

One book caught his eye it was a brown hard covered book with 周彦辰/Zhou Yanchen written on it. Luckily the bag was made of leather which made it semi-water proof. He flips through the pages there were photos and writings on each page he assumed it was a photo book or diary.

"Aaahhhha" Xingjie suddenly yells. Mr Zhu looked over to where the boys were.

"Gege jiayou! Gege jiayou!" Yan kai chanted "Go Xingjie!Go get it!" Zhou Rui cheers.

It looks like Xingjie has caught a huge fish. He was winding the string fast and pulling it so hard he almost fell.

Until something white appeared later on a boy's body was being pulled up.

Zhou Rui and Yankai screams in terror.

Mr Zhu quickly runs over to the boy "Xingjie hurry! Go get the Doctor!"
Xingjie nods and dashes to the nearest medical centre.

Mr Zhu puts his head on the unconscious boy's chest checking his heart beat and breathing "It's still beating" he puts his hands together and performs CPR.

"Zhou Rui keep him warm".  Zhou Rui takes off his jackets and wraps it around the boy he helps Yankai his jacket and forms a pillow under the boy's head.

Xingjie comes back with a group of people running behind him "Over here! ".

*time skip*

Mr Zhu and the boys were sitting around the boy who they firgured out (matching his face with the photos) from the photobook was Zhou Yanchen.

Mr Zhu looks through the book again.

"February 22 ,my best friend Xiao Dingzi came for a sleep over because next week he is going to Korea! I'll miss you Zeren T-T ♡" there was a photo of Yanchen and Zeren in their pyjamas, both holding a fake sunflower which was also in Yanchen's bag.

He flips through the next page "March 5, today is my birthday I turned 8 but I don't want to grow up Mama and Baba will get older. But mama says I need to grow so I can protect them . I'll grow up so I can protect mama and baba!♡♡♡" after that page there was nothing.

Today was March 7 "His birthday was two days ago and now he's here no one knows him, he knows no one, and he doesn't even know himself" Mr Zhu thought. Yanchen woke up an hour ago the doctor checked on him and said Yanchen was very lucky to be alive but he has some sort of amnesia they don't know when he will recover.

Mr Zhu looks at xingjie "Xingjie"

"Yes?"

"You're going to have a brother"

Xingjie looks at his dad surprised "Did you marry another woman?!"

"No you idiot I'm going to adopt Yanchen"

"Him!?" He points at Yanchen.

"What? You did fish him out didn't you? It was fate ,plus this boy has no where to go." Mr Zhu said sincerely and persuasively.

Xingjie looks at Yanchen with pity "Hmm okay, Yanchen from now on I am your big brother - "Zhou Rui kicks Xingjie "Shh idiot he's still sleeping let him rest".

 

*end of flashback*

 

 







 

° everyday I'm with you I will always protect you...°