☆Chapter Eighteen☆

FOREVER

 

 


Nurse room•5:55pm

Zhengting coughs loudly, his hands squeezing Wenjun and Chengcheng's hand. With his eyes b with tears he managed to cough out "...a-and *cough* don't forget my favorite sweater". Chengcheng and Wenjun were given the task to grab some of Zhengting's clothes and items as he was staying at the sick bay for the night so he doesn't infect his roommates. Chengcheng nods patting Zhengting's back "Okay okay, Ge take a rest you're dying" For the first time (and forever~) he tucked Zhengting in bed the blanket pulled up to Zhengting's chest and head positioned comfortably on the spongy pillow "...and you have many sweaters which one?" Chengcheng asks before leaving the room with Wenjun "The same black and white one I wore yesterday" Zhengting answers with his raspy voice.

The two have left leaving a comfortable silence between Zhengting and Bingbing well the silence was interrupted by Zhengting's loud coughs again. Fan Bingbing sits on the stool by the bed Zhengting lay on "Zhengting , how are you feeling now?" she said softly. Zhengting able to speak due to his sore throat nods is head Bingbing sighs, knowing him she was sure he was trying to show he was 'fine'. No, no one is ever fine. No one is always FINE.

"Just sleep for now" she whispers putting an eye mask on Zhengting so he could sleep easier without her having to turn off the lights. The only noise heard in the room were probably Zhengting's small snores and coughs and the soft clicking sound from Bingbing as she is was furiously typing reports on her keypad. As she submits her last page she shuts her laptop stretching her arms while swirling around in her wheeling chair. She looks at the mini digital clock on her desk it read '6:16' "What's the taking those two kids so long?" she thought, tapping her nails on her desk.

Her gaze shifts from the clock to the bright red picture frame the photo behind the glass was a picture of five people. A muscular young man on the far left, her boy friend Li Chen. Standing next to him was herself she wore a pink floral blouse and blue jeans while her left arm was hooked around the woman in the middle. The woman was pretty old represented by her wrinkles. She had a jade bracelet on her right arm (held by Bingbing) she wore a white button shirt with red roses printed on the sleeves and collar. To the woman's left was Bingbing and Chengcheng's father. His blue shirt buttoned up and hair gelled up as well, his hands lay on Chengcheng's shoulders in front of him, at the time the photo was taken Chengcheng was at the age of 13. She smiles, thinking back to that year when she introduced the famous actor, Li Chen to her family after he confessed to her. How Li Chen and Chengcheng would play games together when they stayed at Bingbing's apartment.

Her flashbacks were interrupted by knocking on the opened door "老师/Laoshi(teacher)" a voice calls out. "啊 是徐坤啊 /Ah its Xukun-ah. How can I help you?" Bingbing replied looking up at the boy walking to her. Xukun pulls his sleeve up presenting the red rashes on his hand "Allergy reaction?" Bingbing asks, "Yes" Xukun replies politely. She tells Xukun to sit at her seat while she went to get his medication in the cupboards.

She opens a zip lock bag labeled ' 蔡徐坤/ Cai Xukun'  taking out a tube of cream and pills. She grabs a cup of water and a popsicle stick to paste the cream onto his hand.

Just as she threw the used popsicle stick into the bin Chengcheng enters in quite loudly as he shouts "Sis I'm back! " Bingbing hisses at his loud voice. Chengcheng walks to Zhengting's bed stopping mid way as he sees Xukun "Oh Captain! " he greets surprised he continues to move on curiously glancing at Xukun. "What is he doing here? " Chengcheng thought as he opened the curtains that hang around Zhengting's bed area. He plopped down the bag of Zhengting's stuff on the night stand to tap the sleeping boy awake but got pulled back by his sister who told him "Zhengting was finally able to fall asleep let him rest he doesn't need to change now okay?". She lets go of Chengcheng when her ringtone went off, she fast walks to her desk from where her phone is and picked it up "Hello Fan Bingbing speaking..."she greets  ."Ah Chengcheng?...." Chengcheng and even Xukun looks up at her " yes... " she lowers her phone from her face turning to Xukun and Chengcheng  "Xukun you can take care of yourself for now. Chengcheng follow me" She whispers. Chengcheng confused but walks out the room with his sister who goes back to talking to the anonymous person on the phone.

Xukun watched the two walk out the door turning left down the hallway. Though he was confused and a bit curious as to what just happened but at the same time he really couldn't be bothered and didn't want to be rude to interrupt Bingbing's privacy since he admired her so much. He swallows his last pill drinking the remaining water till only a drop of H2O was left in the paper cup. He looks around the room everything was new as the principal had decided to get a bigger room for the medical center. The old room only had two beds, 2 shelves stuffed with medicine and papers boxes of other equipment were usually stacked in the corner leaving  only enough space to fit 5 desks 1 desk per nurse or doctor. This new room was very big and spacious. It was connected to another nurse room slightly smaller but enough to fit 2 beds, 3 desks and a fridge for medicine that needs to be kept cool and for storing nongfu spring water. The room Xukun stayed in was bigger as it has 3 desks, 2 built-in shelf and cupboard and 3 beds, two by the window and one next to the other as they all had a night stand and curtains.

At the moment the school is low in numbers of nurses as the previous ones left, they complained on the working environment (small room) and low salary mainly because they got offered a better job than working here. It was a huge effect , a positive effect Yixing finally made a bigger medical center and the nurses weren't that great and professional. Fan Bingbing , Zhang Yixing and Li Ronghao are probably the only people who the school can rely on now. Principal Zhang is currently searching for new nurses and doctors he is even going to Korea to find a few.

Xukun hears a sudden sneeze popping his bubble of thoughts and almost falls off the chair . He pats his chest soothing his fast beating heart. " I  forgot someone else was in here too" he whispers remembering when Chengcheng came in to drop off a bag for someone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

°only you are the best at understanding my stubbornness°