☆Chapter Nineteen☆

FOREVER
 

Nurse room/ medical center•6:30pm

Xukun p.o.v/focus

"Who is that?" He said to nobody. Xukun walked closer, the paper cup crumbled in his hand as he threw in to the bin near the night stand. The blue curtains had white gridded patterns, it was slightly open (because Cheng nor Bing closed it properly). He curiously peeks in sliding the curtain open till it reached the end of the bed revealing a body with brown messy and fluffy hair face covered with a black eye mask only his plump pale lips and a high nose can be seen.

Xukun furrows his eyebrows "Zhu Zhengting?" was the first person who came to mind. He bends down flicking off the string around the boy's ear to take off the eye mask "Wow it really is Zhengting " Xukun was pretty surprised he guessed it right but then it was easy to tell the sleeping boy was Zhengting as he had beautiful facial  features and since his best friend Chengcheng came to drop off his stuff. "Why is he here? What happened to him?" He wondered as he somehow end up staring at the boy. His head tilted in his palm, elbow on the bed , kneeling on both knees and his right hand held onto the mask. Xukun took his time to study Zhengting's facial features his soft lips, high bridged nose, long dark lashes, and flawless pale skin. Xukun also notices a faint brown mark on his neck he reaches to touch it confirming it was a birth mark. His mind suddenly snaps "What am I doing? " he asked himself confused and scared looking around hoping no one saw what he just did.

He decides to leave as soon as possible. As he lifts up his leg he accidentally steps on his shoe lace causing it to loosen and untie, tangling his feet making him trip and fall forwards onto the bed. He sticks his hands out, his arms were on either side of Zhengting's body frame, supporting Xukun from getting any closer to Zhengting's face. His lips just almost met Zhengting's chin as his newly dyed brown hair brushed against Zhengting's nose. Xukun's eyes widen mind going to all sorts of places  not knowing what to do, his heart beats rapidly as he saw Zhengting's eyes flickering and body shifting underneath Xukun. Cai Xukun quickly pushed himself off the bed tidying his clothes and hair. He kept still as he silently watched Zhengting sit up and rubbing his eyes, his head hung low as he starts to cough violently his shoulders shaking. Xukun reacts quickly, he runs to the water dispenser on the otherside of the room and returns with a paper cup of water almost tripping on his own shoe laces again. He pats Zhengting's back passing him the cup of water. Xukun's hand doesn't leave Zhengting's back as Zhengting chugs down the whole cup of water at one go before he could even swallow it he chokes and spills the water out. Xukun groaned as Zhengting spat water on his white shirt drenching it. Fan Bingbing and Chengcheng comes back just at the right moment to help Zhengting and Xukun.

After calming down Zhengting stands up taking his bag looking through it. "Zhengting I put all your toiletries, clothes and towel in there just take the bag with you to the bathroom." Chengcheng spoke out. "But Xukun will catch a cold if he goes back to the dorms wearing that and it's wet " he said as he pulled out a white plain t-shirt and red knitted sweater holding them out towards Xukun. Xukun shakes his head "No I'm ok, I don't like sharing clothes with other people " he blurts out. Chengcheng notices how Zhengting's expression saddens , he nudges Xukun. Xukun glares back at him, Chengcheng grabs the clothes from Zhengting "Captain Cai! We have a basketball game coming up~ So in order for us to win you need to take care of your health" Chengcheng says exaggerated and loudly "Especially since it's getting dark outside..." he points at the window where the sky was all navy blue "... it gets colder! So here change into my big bro's clothes !" He shoves the hoodie and shirt to Xukun's arms, but Zhengting's expression didn't seem to change the way Chengcheng wanted it to. The three young boys then notice Bingbing walking out the other medical room, carrying books and folders with random labels and numbers that they couldn't read properly from their angle and view. Bingbing places the folders on her desk and stores the books in her second draw. While doing that she checked her clock, it read '7:13' . "Boys!" she speaks loudly grabbing their attention " It's past 7, shouldn't you go back to your dorms? You still have class tomorrow and a morning run, I think". Chengcheng groans at her last sentence .

While Zhengting and Chengcheng were chatting Xukun decided to go back to his dorms. He stopped by the door for a second, glancing at Zhengting and Chengcheng . Xukun felt something weird when he saw the two were snuggled together in bed until Chengcheng accidentally kicked Zhengting off the bed the two got into a tackle fight laughing and jokingly shouting threats. Xukun could feel a wave of emotions swirling behind his throat and chest, he couldn't describe the feeling. He felt empty, lonely, and envious.  Why did he feel empty? Why did he feel lonely? Why did he feel envious? Xukun asked himself. He walked down the dim hallway not knowing he was being followed by someone. The person reached out to Xukun, he hung his muscular arm Xukun's neck . Xukun yelps, snapping his neck to look at the person. It was Wang Ziyi "You scared me" Xukun exclaimed in a hush voice Ziyi cheekly smiles whispering "Sorry".

"How'd you know I was here?" Xukun asked, he remembered he didn't tell Ziyi.

"I got back to the dorms and saw you weren't there. Fen ge( Qin Fen) told me you went to find Fan laoshi, why bro?"

"O-oh I wanted to ask her if she could come to our basketball game since we still don't have a physio yet, you don't know what could happen this time" Xukun explained why pulling down the sleeves of Zhengting's sweater to cover his hands. That was one reason why he went but he doesn't tell Ziyi about his allergy.

"Yeah, last time Lao Yue (Yue Yue) almost injured his back... "ZIyi responds. There was a second of silence before Xukun add in "... that maybe because he's old."

Ziyi chuckles at Xukun's comment.
When they entered their dorm Xukun immediately plopped on his bed , face down on his pillow. Qin Fen who stayed in the dorm the whole evening then notices something "Xukun when did you change into that sweater?" He asks. "Yeah I've never seen you wear that nor in your closet" Ziyi says. Xukun lifts his head, remembering that the sweater belonged to Zhengting and that he left his damp shirt in the medical room. He rests his head back into the pillow "I'll get it back later " he thought, also not being bothered to answer his dorm mates questions. 

2 days later7:00am

Zhengting tidied the bed and area he slept in, before leaving the medical room. "It's Saturday, so I have no classes today. I need to get notes from someone, I missed out a lot of lessons." Zhengting thought as he started to list down the people he could get notes from to copy.

Though Zhengting was healthy enough , but he wasn't fully recovered as he struggled to climb up the stairs. "Oh god why are there so many steps!" Zhengting blurts out as he got a bit irritated that the elevator was broken. He sighs "One more staircase left!" Zhengting takes huge steps, with every step he took the more wobbly his legs got. He takes another step lifting his leg a bit too high that he lost his balance as his backpack dragged him down. Zhengting saw the coloured walls around him spin as he fell backwards. "Careful!" he heard someone warn. Zhengting tightly shuts his eyes landing into something not so hard but not so soft. "Ahhhhk" the object screamed, he fell onto a person.













 

°I will do my best to honor the promise I made°