☆Chapter Thirteen☆

FOREVER

 

Marshmallow Cafe

4:05pm

Zhengting stretched his arms before going to help Ruibin as he was told.

He sees Ruibin plating a few cakes onto the tray "Ruibin need help?" Zhengting asked. Ruibin nods and instructed Zhengting to carry a tray of caramel slices, chocolate muffins and strawberry milkshake to table number 06.

Zhengting holds the tray carefully between his two hands walking steadily to the big rectangular table of 6 seats that were filled up by 5 boys , 3 of them who looked very familiar their backs facing him.

Zhengting brushes off the thought as he places the drink down next to a plate of sandwiches in which he guessed Ruibin or Yanchen put there, then he hears his name called out sitting on the furthest seat by the window was Zhu Xingjie. Zhu Xingjie lived in the dorm opposite of his and he would often go to his dance class too so they knew each other pretty well Zhengting also admired Xingjie a lot, Xingjie was talented he can rap, dance, sing and perform magic tricks! Also he cared a lot for his friends like Yanchen and Yankai which always make him so soft.

Zhengting grins at Xingjie but his smile was washed away when he saw Cai Xukun sitting next to Xingjie and the other guy Qin Fen. Xukun playfully waves at Zhengting, Zhengting pastes on his fake smile.

Luo Zheng and Bu Fan looked at each other as they could sense the tension between the two while Xingjie was too busy drinking his newly arrived milkshake and Qin Fen was too focused on the caramel slices that were still on the tray.

Qin fen couldn't wait any longer he patted Zhengting who flinches breaking contact from Xukun and glare at Qinfen. Qinfen had no idea why the waiter was glaring at him "umm do you need help?" He gestures at the tray Zhengting is holding the caramel slices and muffins still there left untouched. Zhengting quickly places the food down and bows swiftly walking back to the counter.

Before he reaches the counter Vava calls for him ordering for a few more food. Zhengting was surprised that she was still sitting there it has been 2 hours since she ordered the egg tarts and chocolate milktea , sitting opposite of her he recongizes Xiao Gui, the boy that often comes to his dorm to play with Justin and Chengcheng.

"Ruibin I've got to take care of table 15" was the first Zhengting said when he returned. Ruibin replies "ok" as he prepares to carry the rest of the last drinks.

Ruibin carefully balance the tray of heavy drinks taking steadier steps as he neared the table. He leans down to lay down the cup of creamy latte at the same time his roommate Luo Zheng jumps up (after losing a game the boys were playing) not aware of Ruibin's presence his arm knocks the tray over the glass mugs clash into each other as they make contact with the marble floor the brown milky fluid flows through the pieces of broken white glass. The loud piercing sound made everyone turn their heads towards their direction luckily for them fake plants and interior decorations were hiding them from the view of the curious customers and workers.

Ruibin gasps his eyes wide open, he fumbles as he bends down to pick up the pieces onto the tray. Luo Zheng quickly apologizes helping him pick up the cups he tipped over. Qin fen went to get more tissue while the other boys helped clean.

Qin fen comes back with Zhengting and a few cloths in his hand. Zhengting quickly holds Ruibin back checking to see if he had burned his hand to his dismay there was a small red line on his palm. Zhengting gently pushes Ruibin to the restroom to fix his wound while he stayed to clean the remaining pieces.

Zhengting stayed quiet as Xukun was next to him picking up the last bits of sharp glass. Bu fan and Qin fen were packing the left over food as they have to leave soon, Luo Zheng and Xingjie were missing so it left Xukun, Zhengting and Yanchen (who comes to save Zhengting's day).

○●○○○●○○○●○

"...it really bothers me so much I don't-*CrAsh*" Xiao Gui was interrupted as he heard the loud crash he turned around to find where the sound came from. When he found the crowd of boys seeming to clean something from the floor he sees Ruibin run to the restroom.

Xiao Gui excuses himself from Vava and follows Ruibin.

When he entered the restroom Ruibin was in front of the sink a first aid kit opened. Ruibin was sticking a bandaid on his cut his teary eyes were visible to Xiao Gui. Xiao Gui steps closer to Ruibin hesitantly he rubs his back that is when a tear drips down Ruibin's cheek. "What's wrong?" Xiao Gui gently asked concerned Ruibin looks down and fiddles with the papers from the bandaid, he takes a few steady breaths "I broke a-another cup...this time the manager will re-really get mad at m-me I will get fired and ha-have to look for another job" Ruibin gulps wiping his tears with tissue. Xiao Gui comforts him with soothing words and positive outcomes "...we can get Mr Zhang to-" "ACHOO!". The two boys were startled by the sudden sneeze coming from one of the toilets. "Whose there? " Xiao Gui shouts, "No one!" The mysterious person responds.

" 'No one' my " Xiao Gui mocked he walks to the toilet door getting Ruibin to lift him up. Xiao Gui grips onto the top of the door lifting his head to look over when he finally sees the person "Principal?!" "Zhang laoshi?" Ruibin asks still supporting Xiao Gui's legs. The man on the other side looked scared and shock as if he's seen a ghost (hehe lil ghost).  "Principal what are you doing on the toilet seat?" Xiao Gui asked. "P-Principal? What do you mean? " the man asks confused. "You , Zhang Yixing laoshi! Sitting on the toilet seat doing nothing but on your phone!" Xiao Gui says as he gets down letting the man out. "O-oh you've mistaken I'm not Zhang Yixing that's my twin I'm Lay, I was waiting for someone but the cafe got too noisy so I came here" Lay calmly explained. *ding* Lay points at his notification on his phone "Oh look my friend is here gotta go!" He skips past them opening the door and leaves hurriedly.

"Lay? Zhang laoshi never mentioned he had a twin I thought he was the only child" Ruibin said quietly .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

°When I stood on stage for the first time yeah°