☆Chapter Seventeen☆

FOREVER

 

 

 

Nurse room• Fan Bingbing•1:45pm

Bingbing was the only person in the nurse room it has been days since she had a patient the last people she saw was when Chen brought Yixing to check if their principal was high or not.

She was drinking green tea as she watched a few of her friends and actors she's collaborated in the past especially the famous 还珠格格 (huan zhu ge ge). She pauses her video when the door opens revealing Quanzhe and a worn out Zhengting who has his arm draped over Quanzhe's shoulder and neck. Bingbing got up from her desk to help Quanzhe seat Zhengting on one of the clean beds by the window. " What's wrong? " Fan Bingbing asked Quanzhe.  " He wasn't feeling well this morning we gave him paracetamol and cough medicine but he doesn't seem to get any better since he won't rest and we just ran sprints from P.E" Quanzhe explained pouting after the last bit as he remembered how Zhengting still insisted to come to classes that morning even though he failed to hide his loud hoarse coughs. Bingbing grabbed her stethoscope lifting up Zhengting's shirt to place the cold bell onto his back which caused him to shiver at the icy metal as she shifts it around instructing Zhengting to take deep breathes. She also checks his temperature by comparing her own and Quanzhe's forehead temperature to Zhengting's while waiting for the thermometer to set.

"It seems like you just have a normal cold and fever" Both boys relax practically Quanzhe who has been overthinking "But..." "But?" Quanzhe repeats followed by Zhengting's coughs "...after running it may have affected your respiratory system which may worsen it so you I need you to stay here and rest for a few days while I need to check up on you more and most importantly so it won't spread onto other students and your roommates".

○●○○○●○

Gym•4:45pm


Chengcheng and Wenjun both collapsed onto the bench non-stop breathing with sweat pouring down from their face and back soaking up the white and blue tank top of their basketball uniform. The two have been training the whole afternoon so they were fully prepared for their first basketball game of the season on Sunday.

"Chengcheng , Wenjun ..." they both look up at the voice coming from person standing above them. Chengcheng and Wenjun quickly stood on their two feet as they saw Xukun their hearts pounding. Xukun was strict when it came to member's attendance and full participation in training so the two newbies were worried Xukun thought they were slacking and he will get mad and they don't want that to happen. Xukun is scary when he gets angry they remember the incident with Zhengting and other times when he punished the members for being late. He was a lot stricter than their coach, Mark. Wenjun gulps when Xukun opens his mouth to speak " You both have practiced hard enough your training ends here for today" he implied and walked back to the court. Chengcheng and Wenjun thanked their captain and happily skipped their way to the changing room. They grabbed clothes and a towel from their bags and proceeded to take a shower.

Wenjun got changed into his favorite blue and white striped  and comfortable navy shorts where as Chengcheng chucked on a ... hoodie and... .Wenjun picks up his phone deciding to post a weibo update. When he turns on the iphone he then realizes he took the wrong phone but was surprised at all the missed calls the owner, Chengcheng has received "Chengcheng you have a lot of missed calls mostly from your mum" he spoke out. Chengcheng snatches his phone back scrolling down through the long list of missed calls before turning off his phone shoving it in his pocket thankful that Wenjun didn't question him on his strange actions Wenjun knows him well and understands his reason. Wenjun then suggests to go see Zhengting also because he haven't seen Bingbing for ages which was why Chengcheng gave him a look (-_-).

 

Basketball court•5pm


Xukun sat down on one of the plastic seats,  arms crossed and back pressed against the plastic surface. He keeps his eyes on his team mates playing focusing on whoever has the ball. At the moment Bei Honglin was dribbling it before shooting perfect a lay up scoring a goal. Then he sees his friend Ziyi walking towards him Ziyi pulls down the seat to Xukun's left to sit on. Xukun passes him a towel to wipe away the greasy sweat trickling down his face and neck. "Thanks bro" Ziyi says as he pats his face with the towel hanging it around his neck and opening the bottle of Yellow Vitamin spring water chugging down almost 250ml of the 500ml fluid. He breathes out a satisfied sigh when he suddenly realized something "Hey Xukun where's the rest of our team? " he asked after counting the number of people on the court. Xukun's gaze were still focused on his team mates as he answered Ziyi's question "Oh Lin Yanjun and Gao Maotong had some important articles they needed to publish for the school so I let them off early". Ziyi takes another sip of his Nongfu Vitamin water "That I know, I mean where did Fan Chengcheng and Bi Wenjun go?" He looks at Xukun raising an eyebrow at him "I let them go early too" Xukun calmly states Ziyi furrows his eyebrows "Why?". Xukun remains silent for a few seconds thinking of a reason as to why he let them go .Why? he thought , should he tell Ziyi that the boys worked really hard practicing even on times when they don't have training he pities that they don't get enough sleep or that he overheard them worrying over Zhu Zhengting so he let them early so they could go see Zhengting and that way Zhengting will feel less lonely because Xukun knows it would be boring to stay in the nurse room (since he has stayed there before) it like hitting two birds with one stone! WAIT! since when did he cared so much for them? "Cai Xukun what is wrong with you? get back to your right mind!" he mentally said to himself. "Bro! XUkun!" Xukun wakes up from his thoughts as he feels a hand on his shoulder he looks at Ziyi  blinking trying to regain memory of what he was meant to say "Uh Yeah! I-I let Fan Chengcheng and Zhu-no Bi Wenjun go because I think they've worked really hard even when our team doesn't have training I would see them practice by their selves with the other teams and the weather recently has been chilly so giving them more rest is also to keep them healthy I know it probably doesn't make sense how come I let them go it's because they really worke-"  "Okay okay cool bro" Ziyi stopped him from uttering more. It was his turn to speak "Yeah I kinda get what you mean it's just ..." he paused trying to find the right words"...strange" "Strange?" Xukun repeats, Xukun kind off understand but also doesn't understand what Ziyi meant. "I mean are you still doing this revenge thing or not?" Ziyi asks curiously it has been a very long time and Xukun hasn't made a move yet. Xukun makes an 'o' shape with his mouth seeming to get what Ziyi was trying to say, honestly he completely forgot about it so he had no idea why Ziyi cared so much about it. Ziyi sighs shaking his head to stop the awkward silence "Never mind I'm tired lets pack up the team" . Xukun stands up walking to the railings ready to shout he doesn't notice the suspicious glare coming from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

°the opportunity that I will never give up○

 

 

 

°the opportunity that I will never give up○

16/06/2018
Happy birthday Fan Chengcheng!
范 生日快乐!