~ Chapter Nine ~

"Tell No One"

He noticed two very visible changes within the house.

One: Sang-Oh avoided Jungkook at any given chance that she could, including leaving the table early during dinner and staying locked within her room more than usual.

Two: Jungkook purposely was always staring at her in a demeaning way, as though he were looking for something that nobody else was able to catch. He stared at her with hatred, the same hatred that claimed his features at every woman their father would introduce.

Conclusion: They got into a fight somewhere and neither one of them were willing to give up any details to help resolve it.

Jung-Hyun couldn’t help but to sigh at the situation, noting heavily that younger girls were approaching Sang lately and saying rude things to her. Of course, the older girl never reacted and simply ignored them, but Jung-Hyun couldn’t stand and watch as she was picked on. It hurt him to see her being treated so harshly, knowing well she did nothing wrong towards those girls, and that the person to blame for their harsh treatments was no other than the baby brother he loved and adored.

“Jungkook stop” Jung-Hyun spoke through gritted teeth at the breakfast table, all eyes within the house falling towards him as though he were the one who was crazy.

“Everything okay?” His father asked, Jung nodding despite the anger that still buried him alive, knowing he would once again have to witness her being picked on by people she didn’t even know, people who were younger than her at that.

Yet that didn’t make his eyes leave the younger boy who was now staring at him with complete and utter shock, clearly not thinking that he was busted for the glares he was giving. The day went on like normal after that, yet his eyes could never leave the girl who seemed lost within a paper she was writing, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip as though having trouble concentrating. She had claimed she didn’t want to hang out with him much inside of school, but when food was thrown at her in the cafeteria, Jung had enough as he approached her, offering her a soft smile.

“You okay?” He whispered, her nodding but the cloudy eyes that looked away from him proved otherwise, she wasn’t okay. “Where’s Janine?” He decided to not call her out on the lie, knowing she would come to him within her own time.

“She’s sick, I’m going after school to see her” Sang spoke with a whisper, even her voice sounding defeated.

“Can I come?” He asked, her eyes going wide as she stared towards him, a soft nod taking to her head.

~*~ Janine’s POV ~*~

She wasn’t expecting anyone, and so the knock at the door made her sky rocket from the couch, her heart beating at a rapid pace. Fumbling with the covers that surrounded her, she quickly ran towards the door and opened it without much thought, alarmed to be greeted by the most handsome eyes and smile she had ever seen. Blinking a few times, her attention managed to leave the male and instead focus on the shorter girl at his side.

“Sang-Oh? What are you doing here?” She whispered, her eyes trailing towards the male once more, asking why she had brought him along, embarrassed to be seen in her pajamas by the man in which she adored helplessly.

“I heard you were sick, so I brought you soup” Sang answered with a friendly smile, Janine standing towards the side to allow them access, even more embarrassed that she didn’t bother cleaning up the mess that took her living area. “Are you feeling alright?”

No, she wasn’t feeling alright, in fact she felt like smashing her face against the wall until she was nothing more than pile of dust, never to be seen again. Instead she straightened her posture and averted her attention towards the girl who deserved it, the girl who cared enough to come by. At that moment, it didn’t matter who else had stood within the room, her heart was happy with simply seeing Sang-Oh.

“Much better now” she admitted, a genuine smile finally taking her lips “you’re awesome Sang-Oh!” The girl shrieked out, pulling the other into a tight embrace, thankful that she no longer had to spend the day alone within this boring house, now having guest to occupy her attention.

~*~ Sang-Oh’s POV ~*~

The evening went by to quickly and soon she found her eyes falling heavy while trying to keep up with the conversation that landed between Jung-Hyun and Janine. It wasn’t as though they didn’t involve her within the conversation, but more so that her focus went towards the messages being sent back and forth between Namjoon. Of course, she still held anger for him not answering her calls, but she also never truly could stay mad at the boy, no matter how much her heart screamed at her for it.

To ‘My King’: 8:12

‘You better answer tonight…’

From ‘My King': 8:13

‘You know I didn’t mean to do that. I’m so sorry…’

To ‘My King’: 8:14

‘No worries, just make sure you answer tonight XD’

From ‘My King’: 8:14

‘Of course, beautiful. I wouldn’t miss it for the world! <3’

To ‘My King’: 8:15

‘What were you doing anyways?’

 

She waited patiently for his response however lost patience as another ten minutes passed, her eyes falling instead towards the duo who seemed to still be bickering about the subject in which she found herself lost within. They were speaking of theories and yada yada, why the clock ticked, why the bird sang, things that nobody else would possibly wish to wonder. In a sense, she couldn’t help the smile that took her lips, watching helplessly as the two connected on a different level that they may not even know about.

From ‘My King’: 8:52

‘I was with my mother… We went to watch a movie.’

To ‘My King’: 8:53

‘What took you so long? I just died of boredom babe! Save me!’

From ‘My King’ 8:53

‘Sorry, can I call you now?’

She didn’t respond via text as she instead hit the call button, excusing herself from their conversation as she made her way towards the outside. His voice boomed through the phone shortly after, allowing her heart to finally be at peace after such an awful day had tried to drag her down. It was odd how easily she smiled when hearing his voice, however her smile vanished when hearing the pinging of his car, indicating that he was out and about.

“What are you up too?” She asked casually, as though she didn’t hear anything that was unusual.

“Nothing, on my way to Seokjin’s for the night” he spoke, her nodding even though he wasn’t there to see her understanding of his words “what about you? What are you doing?”

“At Janine’s house” she spoke softly, her eyes falling back towards the house if only to take in the physical appearance, pondering why so many students owned such beautiful houses. “I’m pretty sure Janine and Jung-Hyun like each other, it’s really cute!” She cheered happily, remembering just how deep in thought they both seemed to be, almost missing her venturing outside. “I’m also jealous though, I only get to see you once a week…” her happiness was deflated just as quickly as it came.

“Yeah, but you get to talk to me every night” he spoke softly, and it settled her sadness, but not in the way she desired him too, not with his warmth engulfing her freezing body…

“I really wish you were here though, I could really use a hug” she admitted, remembering clearly how much hatred was thrown within her direction today, proving further that Jungkook was anything but a liar. His words struck true, to many times to keep count on. “How was the movies with your mom?” She asked instead, noting the silence that clung to the phone.

“Baby I have to go, I’m here” Namjoon spoke instead, demolishing what little strength that she had gathered throughout the day, her lips parting to speak yet he was quick to cut in before she could voice out her thoughts. “I love you, get some sleep. Talk to you tomorrow” and with that he hung up, her eyes falling disbelieving towards the phone that still blinked his display name.

“Is that offer still available for the hug?” A voice pulled her attention from the phone, yet the man in which claimed the voice only made her day worse, his dyed blonde hair hanging loosely against his face, daringly touching at his eyes. He was indeed what woman called handsome, yet she knew better than to give into those beautiful blue colored eyes that stole her attention.

“Are you here to throw food at me too?” She was harsh, she admitted that, but she couldn’t help it “I bet Jungkook would love to see that” she spoke her thoughts, alarmed when his smile quickly vanished from his lips and instead was taken over by a serious expression.

“No” he spoke softly “I simply offered you a hug. Am I that repulsing?” He asked with a soft chuckle, his attention instead lingering towards the front door, his hand rubbing at his opposite forearm. “Seriously though, I’m sorry about Taehyung” he spoke so softly that it was clear that he meant the words “he just acts like that to get attention, and Jungkook acts the way he does because he’s angry at the world. It’s nothing personal towards you…”

“I slapped him” Sang admitted softly, a shrug taking her shoulders as though unpaved by the events that happened during school “it’s only normal he retaliates. Anyways, can you go retrieve my brother for me?”

“Yeah” Jimin spoke softly, casting yet another soft smile within her direction while walking towards the stairs in which led towards the front door “I’m here if you need help understanding Jungkook a little more” his words were comforting, forcing a soft smile against once snarled lips “and thanks for sticking beside Janine, I haven’t seen her this happy in a while. It means a lot. Goodnight Lee Sang-Oh, get home safely.”