~ Chapter Sixteen ~

"Tell No One"

From My Queen:

‘We need to talk in person…’

 

To My Queen:

‘Hey babe, something wrong?’

 

From My Queen:

‘In person Namjoon…’

 

Namjoon knew he deserved everything that was being handed to him, and the fact that she wasn’t letting him know any details was almost torture. He wasn’t sure if he should just start apologizing and beg for forgiveness, or if he should wait things out and see what happens. He knew Yoongi was a good friend to her, and he wasn’t sure who the other boy was, but he would guess that he was also friends with Sang-Oh, resulting him busted before even having the chance to properly explain things.

 

To My Queen:

‘Can you at least give me a clue?’

 

From My Queen:

‘This isn’t a game Namjoon, I said in person.’

 

To My Queen:

‘Please babe, it’s driving me crazy… Please tell me now’

 

From My Queen:

‘Why? Got something to feel guilty about?’

 

He had several things to feel guilty about… So many things that he wondered if his heart was going to give out on him before he managed to tell her everything. He knew she deserved to know everything, but selfishly he wanted to continue hiding it, continue acting as though nothing was wrong. He wished to wake up to her morning text message and to fall asleep right after hearing her voice. He couldn’t imagine his life without those trivial things yet knew he couldn’t keep them.

 

To My Queen:

‘When can we meet?’

 

From My Queen:

‘I’m standing outside of your house right now…’

 

No… It was happening to soon, every I love you shared between them would all fall meaningless, would all become for nothing in a few short minutes. Every second of the last two years of their lives, would be forgotten time, never able to be replenished. Their first kiss would become their last, and he couldn’t even recall the last time she had spoken the words ‘I love you’ to him or him to her. He hated himself for not remembering, for it was probably the last time she would speak it towards him.

“Hey beautiful” he whispered when opening the door, meeting with an angered expression.

“Where were you Saturday night? I waited hours for you!?” She screamed at him and it forced him to flinch, never hearing her raise her voice in such an angered manner. She was always calm, always understanding, and to see her like this only added more guilt to the heavy scale.

“Something happened” he explained as his eyes glanced towards her once more, alarmed when all her anger suddenly evaporated and was replaced with a worried expression. “Sang, it’s fine…”

“Jagi” she whispered softly, her hands reaching to trace her fingers along the bruises that claimed his typically well taken care of skin. He tried to push away from her touch, but when seeing a tear slip past her eyes, his habit of comforting it would kick in. “Baby… Who did this?” She whispered softly, nuzzling her face into the hands that claimed her cheeks.

“I did” he admitted the words that he wished to deny “I’m to blame for what happened” he couldn’t breathe anymore, and though she was still holding him with so much affection, he would feel her warmth leaving him slowly, her soft touch never to be felt again.

“That’s ridiculous Namjoon” she breathed out and he was alarmed when feeling her lips against his own, burning so much more than Tzuyu’s, so much more enthralling and passionate. He immediately kissed her back, hoping to relay every single piece of love he felt for her, hoping she could feel his heart beating out of control within his chest. He begged that she understood that she was the only one for him, the only person who could make him feel so intoxicated while being sober. He was desperate for her to understand… Tzuyu was meaningless compared to Sang-Oh.

“Why are you crying Namjoon? What happened?” She whispered ever so softly, and he hated that her tear landed on his bottom lip, a bitter reminder that he didn’t deserve to feel her lips against his anymore. Her thumbs softly pushed the tears that claimed his own cheeks as he bit into his lower lip and pulled away from her, engulfing her hands within his own.

“I love you” he sobbed out “I love you so much Lee Sang-Oh…” He was losing his mind, he was losing his life… He was losing the person he wished to have beside him forever, and he couldn’t stand it anymore. “I want to marry you… I really want to marry you…”

“Well duh” she spoke softly, running her hands within his hair to comfort his sobbing frame but it only made him feel worse when her next words echoed in his ears “you’re my everything Kim Namjoon, I couldn’t imagine my life without your beautiful dimples here to keep me strong…”

“Sang-Oh” he tried to speak the words he knew she needed to hear, to explain that he had betrayed her and touched another woman while she was away, but instead the only words that fell from his lips were one of selfish needs and desperate attempts “I love you so much…”

~*~ Jimin’s and Yoongi’s POV ~*~

“You actually came” Jimin spoke while breathing in the crisp cold air, hinting that soon winter would be coming down hard and school would be coming to an end for one more year. However, he also knew that Yoongi would be graduating this year, and the boy could only ponder what Yoongi planned to do with his future.

“Of course,” Yoongi offered a gummy smile and Jimin’s heart melted “we’re friends” and just as quickly did it build up, it broke just as hastily. Why did it hurt to be considering a friend? He should be thankful, yet he couldn’t feel that emotion towards the endearing title, not when it came to Min Yoongi.

“Yeah” Jimin breathed in despite his disappointment, his eyes falling towards the knuckles that still held wounds “I kind of thought you didn’t like me anymore” Jimin admitted, despite not wishing to hear the possible answers to the statement.

“Why wouldn’t I like you? Is it because of what happened with Namjoon?” Yoongi questioned, taking a seat beside the boy on the swings, and though he didn’t try to swing, his hands reached up to hold onto the chains. “It’s not like I wouldn’t have done it eventually. I love Sang, so I told him not to hurt her.”

“Did you ever date her?” Jimin questions, his mood brightening, finally able to look towards the man that did something strange to his body. “You and Sang, did you two ever…”

“No” he spoke dryly, and Jimin could almost hear the anger that laced the answer, hinting something he shouldn’t pry into. “She always had a thing for Namjoon, and I’ve never really had interest in dating. It’s too much effort and I’m rather lazy” Yoongi admitted with a sheepish smile, forcing Jimin to return the gesture. “What about you, are you interested in Lee Sang-Oh?”

Jimin immediately shot up his arms, dismissing the thoughts with a soft chuckle, trying to figure out how he could possibly explain what he was trying to do. “I actually think my friend is interested in her, and it’s great because he needs someone strong to stand beside him.”

“Your friend have a name?” Yoongi asked with a raised eyebrow, obviously not believing that Jimin had a so called ‘friend’ and was instead speaking about him, further thinking it when the boy looked away and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Yeah, it’s Jungkook” Jimin spoke and Yoongi couldn’t help but to snort at the thought, knowing well that it was Sang’s little step-brother, and considering everything he has heard about the brat, he wasn’t entirely a suiting match for someone as kind and sweet as Sang-Oh. “I’m serious” Jimin’s voice became cold and it made Yoongi stop laughing immediately.

“What the hell makes you think those two would be good together? The boy is a delinquent for crying out loud. What kind of future does he have?” Yoongi had become just as serious, not wishing for Sang to get hurt once again by a man who didn’t deserve her heart in the first place.

“That boy is my friend” Jimin was quick to point out, his voice becoming angered and quickly “and he’s got issues, I never denied it. It’s not his fault though, he was hurt and can’t trust people. Seems he rather be alone than to be hurt again. How dare you judge him?”

Yoongi stayed silent, their eyes never wavering from one another until what seemed like minutes passed when Yoongi finally looked towards the sky. He stayed silent, pondering the thoughts within his mind before drawing his hands towards his side and taking in a soft breath, noting the cloud that formed from his lips, subtly hinting it was getting colder.

“I didn’t mean to judge him like that” Yoongi admitted while nibbling at his bottom lip, clearly trying to find the right words “I just…”

“Me either, I don’t want her to hurt either” Jimin finished for him, standing himself from the swings “but I want my best friend back, and the more I try the more he pushes away. He needs someone strong in his life, and I think they can heal each other…” He spoke his final piece before walking away, but was alarmed when a hand suddenly grabbed his own and entangled their warm fingers between his own.

“Good, we’re on the same page then” Yoongi spoke softly, his grip along the hand tightening as he too began walking but towards the direction of a restaurant “we can start by discussing things over dinner. I’m hungry.”

Jimin’s heart began to race as his eyes fell towards their interlocked hands, but instead of pushing the questions that ran through his mind, he simply smiled and nodded. He didn’t care if Yoongi dragged him into the deepest pit of hell, perhaps the deadly fires can be endured so long as his hand was occupied as it was now. It was becoming obvious, that Min Yoongi wasn’t just a friend towards Park Jimin… It was simply a mystery of what they meant towards each other, and Jimin was sure Yoongi felt the same, just as confused and yet comforting anyways.

(( Credit of gif to rightful owner! ))