~ Chapter Eleven ~

"Tell No One"

To ‘My King’ 5:37 Friday

‘I’m going to miss you. Enjoy time with your family and keep me

In your thoughts at night. I love you!’

 

From ‘My King’ 5:37

 

‘I’ll miss you too, and I’ll be sure to tell my sister hello for you!

Take care of yourself, and have a wonderful time with Jennie’

 

To ‘My King’ 5:38

 

‘Janine you goof ball. Gawd I miss your smile.

Stay safe, and you better answer my call tonight or else!’

 

From ‘My King’ 5:39

 

‘Or else??’

 

To ‘My King’ 5:40

 

‘You don’t want to know, trrruuusssttt me.

Just answer your phone lol. Love you!’

 

From ‘My King’ 5:42

 

‘Okay >.< I suppose I will answer it. Talk to you then.’

 

She didn’t understand why it appears he were avoiding claiming his love for her, but she did understand that she didn’t have time to ponder it much for soon the bus would arrived before the house. Gathering all her much-needed accessories for the night and sending a thank you towards the bus driver, a smile quickly claimed her face when seeing Janine and Jimin involved in what seemed like a great game of chess. Tip toing closer, her eyes would glance towards the board, figuring out that Jimin was currently winning, and hence she felt the need to help.

“Move your knight on the right” Sang-Oh spoke, Janine jumping off the bench and gasping at the sudden interruption before smiling softly and moving the mentioned piece. “Check” Sang offered to speak for her, Janine’s smirk proving she enjoyed the interruption very much.

“Clever, two girls against one of me huh? I can take it” Jimin spoke with confidence, Janine scooting over to make room on the bench for Sang to sit.

The game went on and each move was calculated and properly thought out, and soon the girls found themselves playing defense regardless of how much they calibrated with one another. It didn’t come as a surprise when a smirk took the male’s lips and the quote ‘Check Mate’ followed through, forcing both girls to pout and roll their eyes. Once within the house and within the comforts of Janine’s room, both girls began the sleep over by dressing into their sleeping clothes, followed by watching a horror film that left them both on edge.

“Is Jimin gay?” Sang-Oh asked after settling onto the couch and pulling the blankets around her frame, snuggling into the warmth all the while keeping an eye on the time to ensure that she left time to call Namjoon.

“He’s not gay, but he doesn’t limit who he loves to a specific gender” Janine answered after a moment of silence, trying to explain it properly without putting words into her younger brother’s mouth. “He’s never dated a guy before, but he seemed to take interest in one a while ago. He was really confused during that time, and I’m still not sure if he understands his own feelings.”

“Min Yoongi will do that” Sang spoke without much thought, bringing wide eyes within her direction.

“How did you…?”

“When he spoke about Yoongi, he began to blush” Sang admitted with a shrug of her shoulder, not wishing to elaborate just how much Jimin had saved her that horrible day, the memories of Jungkook’s threats still lingering within the back of her mind. She instead put forth her entire focus on the sweet smile that Jimin held, the cute way he spoke, and how rosy his cheeks had become when bringing up Min Yoongi. Those got her through that that horrible night, thankful that Jimin was nothing like Jungkook.

“Please don’t tell anyone, people will judge him” Janine spoke softly.

“I never planned too, it was just a question I had” Sang admitted, glancing towards the message that chimed her phone, her soft smile quickly vanishing when seeing a message from Namjoon. Seems she didn’t have to worry about the time any more, for he was no longer available to talk on the phone.

~*~*~*~

“How was the sleep over?” Jung-Hyun asked when she had walked through the door, a soft smile coming towards her lips while accepting the steaming glass of hot chocolate, taking a small sip before answering.

“It was really fun, Unnie is always the best” she spoke “she’s so pretty” she continued, eyeing the male as though hinting him to comment. “She’s also smart, plays chess” she continued to compliment, watching as his eyes fell accusingly opposed to nonchalant as they had been before. “You should invite her out one day, I think you two will get along rather well.” Sang admitted the truth behind her words, alarmed at the heavy sigh that left the male’s lips.

“I’m not saying otherwise, but right now I don’t have the time for dating” Jung admitted, his expression turning stern in case there was any protesting from the female.

“Why not? You’re in your senior year and school is out in five months” Sang-Oh didn’t understand what the problem was, her expression genuinely confused as she glanced towards the latter who seemed to be in deep thought himself.

“Then college, what would we do then? I’m going to the states, do you expect a long distance relationship to last? They never do” he admitted his true concern, and something about those words made her heart ache, considering the problems within her own relationship. “Sang-Oh… I’m so…”

“It doesn’t matter” she muttered softly, trying to pick herself up from the fall she suddenly felt, her heart aching further within her chest, knowing well she hadn’t spoken verbally towards the man of her dreams in over three nights. She was also extremely aware that he hadn’t spoken words of love towards her since Tuesday this week, regardless of how many times she prompted him.

“Anyways” it was clear that Jung-Hyun suddenly felt awkward within the conversation as he looked away and settled his attention towards the kitchen instead. “I’ll go on a date on one condition” he spoke, perking the female up instantly, her eyes locking onto him with a gleaming smile. “You’ll have to take Jungkook to our Saturday night movies.”

“Wha… what? He wouldn’t go with me” Sang-Oh suddenly felt defeated at the request, knowing well that the younger male hated every fiber of her being, hence her lack of believing that he would actually allow her to go with him.

“Guess I won’t be calling Janine then…. Too bad, I thought we would get along” Jung spoke while turning himself around and heading towards the kitchen, stopping immediately when her hand grabbed his wrist and forced his attention back towards her.

“I’ll go the movies with Jungkook, go enjoy your date!” Sang spoke with sudden excitement before running through the house and heading up the large stair case, slightly nervous at the sudden quest she had landed.

“Kookie-Ah” she spoke softly through the closed door, alarmed when the door opened and his narrowed eyes fell within her direction, silently asking what the hell she possibly wanted. “There’s a movie tonight I want to watch, but I don’t want to go alone…” she spoke softly, watching his expressions carefully, his eyes rolling harshly before closing the door upon her face, forcing a gasp from her lips. “Kookie!!!! Jungkook-Ah!!!”

~*~ Jungkook’s POV ~*~

He didn’t understand her sudden interest in his attention, nor could he comprehend why she asked him to such an event. He hated going to the movies and hadn’t been to one since Kana had dragged him to watch some stupid romance that all the couples went to watch together. He hated that place, for it reminded him heavily of how vulnerable he was, reminded him harshly on how cruel people were. Yet he couldn’t ignore her voice pleaded out his name, his eyes falling towards the door once more.

Fine! If she wanted to go so badly with him, then he’d go without even a fight, but he’d ensure that she never asked such ridicule things from him again. He’ll ensure that tonight was one of the top worse nights within her life, and that she would regret ever bothering him for such childish things. Standing himself up and opening the door once more, his eyes would fall along her smile, and he couldn’t wait to watch that mocking thing demolish.

“You’re treat right?” He asked, his eyes falling from her lips to instead stare within her eyes, the genuine happiness that claimed them making him feel even more powerful than before.

~*~*~*~

“Are you sure you need all three drinks?” Her voice sounded from his side, him nodding to the question while struggling to gather all three drinks and not to mention his two buckets of popcorn he had order, thankful when she helped with the load despite her hands being full of her drink and popcorn. Heading into the theater, she granted him the choice of seating, and by habit he went towards the back, sitting within the center of the row. They were silent as he carefully placed all his products around himself, stealing her own space yet she didn’t speak out on it.

“Noona, this is scary” Jungkook spoke out during a rising moment within the film, ensuring to be loud enough that everyone within the theater could hear, causing several eyes to fall within their direction.

“Mhmm” she hummed, sending apologetic looks towards the on-lookers.

“Oh my gawd I’m scared!” He screamed out, harshly wrapping his arms around her frame, spilling the drink that sat on the arm rest in the process, and he knew for a fact that he had gotten her drenched, for the wetness of the drink soaked into his own elbow that pressed lightly on her thigh.

“Kookie please…” her voice sounded desperate, yet her arms still wrapped around his shoulders as though truly believing he was scared and something about the small action made his chest tighten. “I know you don’t like me, and that you think I am out to get you but please…”

He felt bad for a moment, listening to her soft pleas so close to his ear that he could feel her warm breath tickling at him. He could feel her body tighten within his hold, forcing him to release his hold and sit properly within his own seat, his eyes falling towards the screen. He didn’t know how to feel at that very moment, a part of him wishing he could feel sorry, but another part of him knowing well that he couldn’t, that he didn’t feel sorry for what he was doing. He didn’t ask her to come into his life, didn’t ask his father to remarry, so why should he feel sorry?

The walk home was silent, and he walked a few feet ahead of her, glancing back occasionally to find her attention lingering towards the phone in her hand. He knew well whom she was texting, probably complaining to Namjoon about how horrible her younger brother was, yet when her eyes left the phone to instead look towards him, only a soft smile took her lips. He didn’t understand, she was covered in butter and coke’a’cola, and yet she still managed a smile towards her lips, forcing a sigh to leave his own.

“I can’t stand you” he spoke harshly, voiding the silence that consumed them the entire way home, but what he really meant to say is ‘How can you smile at me still?’. “You’re like a plague, are you this desperate to get along?” He asked, when he wished to ask ‘How could you stand being beside me still? How can you possibly wish to spend time with a monster?’

“Not really” she admitted after a moment of silence, her eyes falling towards the phone once more as though it held the words in which she was trying to speak “in fact, I don’t even think I can look at you and feel happiness. I honestly think you are worse than scum” she spoke with such a sweet voice that he couldn’t believe her words were so ice. “However, my mother’s happiness means more to me so I’m willing to smile at you and pretend to care… It’s only for a few months anyways…”

That was it, every single piece of warmth he felt had left his body and was frozen over by a harsh ice storm, rigged and explosive. He allowed himself to believe that there was still light within this shadowy world, and like a demolishing wrecking ball, she shattered it. She was the same as everyone else, disgusting and vile. He hated her, because he hated himself, and she reminded him that he was filth that didn’t deserve to be smiled at.

~*~ Sang-Oh’s POV ~*~

She honestly couldn’t stand the younger man and found him extremely childish and even sadistic, doing everything within his power to ensure her life remained miserable. If it wasn’t staring at her in a demeaning way, or insulting her with every breath he breathed, he would have others come after her as well. Of course, she realized that he was just as much a victim as she, but the way he handled it made him a child with too much power. He didn’t even deserve her fake words, he could handle her honest thoughts since he desired them so much.

Glancing towards her unanswered text, she walked mindlessly until feeling something hard cut off her path, forcing her to stumble back a bit. Her eyes narrowed as she stared at the person blocking her way, completely aware of the cold eyes that were drawn on her, as though she were the lowest dirt he had ever witnessed. She felt threatened, yet she wouldn’t empower him by showing her fear, instead she would turn towards her right, trying to walk past him instead, alarmed when his hand gripped at her wrist, pegging her still immediately.

“J..Jungkook?”

 

Authors Notes: Just wanted to take some time to thank all of you for your continued support of this story, it means a great deal to me. I'm sorry if you feel like things are dragging on, but I promise the next few chapters will really start bringing things in motion. Chapters will begin to get darker, a lot of pain mentally from several characters, and physically for a few. I hope you all continue to enjoy the story, and that you will stick with me until the end! Please comment and let me know what you guys think, or even leave some predictions XD Let's see if any of you could guess what's to come!