soldier sinb x yerinnie

FLASH FLUFF

Where SinB is a female soldier and is free to go in the city for a day, but she doesn’t realize that she isn’t acting like a person but a soldier even among the common people and Yerin is a coffee shop owner who sees her and hands her a cup of coffee while saying. “You should smile more.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sarg, you’re off for today. Go into the city and get some fresh air.”

“Roger.”

“Relax, get a coffee. Don’t be all stuck like a robot.”

“Roger.”

Her superior sighed and her saluted before taking her leave, a perfect 180-degree kick turn.

“Hwang Eunbi, you should really relax. You are just a little SinB today.”

SinB just turned around and saluted once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin watched from her spot at the counter, a peculiar person entered the shop and she was intrigued. Who would walk into a cafe with full military outfit? Pushing aside her worker, she stood at the register, ready to take this person’s order.

“What would you like?”

“What would you recommend?”(formal tone)

“Speak regularly, caramel macchiato sound nice?”

“What’s the sugar content.”(still formal tone)

“Hey, just be casual, I’m sure you need some sugar. Name?”

“Just put SinB.”

Yerin smiled, her eyes curving to match.

“Then, take a seat and I’ll be right back with your drink.”

SinB nodded, sliding her credit card before leaving to find a table. This place was quiet, small, and quaint.

Glancing around, she noticed pictures of fields of flowers and wide open areas that she forgot existed in their country still.

A hand clapped on her back and pulled her attention in slight surprise.

“Sit comfortably, go on, lean back on your chair.”

SinB watched as the girl from the register sat across from her, her drink placed in front of her.

“So your name is SinB?”

SinB gave a curt nod, inspecting her cup carefully, that was a lot of caramel syrup.

“Well, you may call me Yerin. May I ask what your profession is?”

SinB looked up, nervously fumbling her cup’s sleeve, why was this person being so close?

“I’m a soldier.”

“Soldier? That’s a tough job. What are you doing out here today?”

SinB took a sip of her caramel macchiato before grimacing.

“Sorry, is it too sweet?”

“I’m out here to be human again. I think.”

Yerin tilted her head in confusion, then she stuck out her hand.

“Then, nice to meet you, let’s shake hands, ‘like humans?’”

SinB looked at her weirdly but still took her hand, giving a nice tight grip and a strong shake, she pulled back again, holding her coffee, or was it even coffee? It was really way too sweet.

“Do you have any plans for today then? Or are you just going to sit here and stare at my work?”

“Your work?”

“These pictures. I took them.”

SinB looked back at the pictures on the wall.

“Could...could I ask you to take me to these places?”

Yerin winked at her, and SinB momentarily wondered what was wrong with this person.

“Only if you stop talking so formally.”

“Alright.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SinB stared into the field, it was autumn, so it was just a never ending view of yellow, dying grass, but still it was beautiful.

“Do you like it?”

SinB didn’t hear Yerin, but Yerin could tell that the soldier did with the way she smiled.

Muttering under her breath, she leaned against her car.

“Look at you, you are capable of emotions.”

SinB turned and looked at Yerin, her face not giving anything away once more.

“Did you say something?”

“No. But I think…”

SinB’s eyebrow raised.

“I think, you should smile more.”