doc sinb sinrin

FLASH FLUFF

requested by Cass

SinB sighed as she put her light tan hair in a pony tail, the blonde she had before was fading. Grabbing her coat and clipboard, she easily slipped her coat on her shoulders before grabbing her stethoscope hanging under her name plate.

“6 years old, 7 years old, 3 years old? 8 years old, 6 years old. Hm? 21?”

Flagging her superior down, she held up her clipboard.

“I’m not a doctor for adults.”

“You’re just going to check her condition, she had food poisoning.”

“But I’m a children’s doctor.”

“But you’re going to be a general doctor whether you like it or not.”

Huffing, SinB blew her bangs with a puff before checking herself in the mirror. Pushing the corners of up, she smiled.

“You are the magical doctor fairy, Shawing.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Where does it hurt little one?”

“Wight heor.”

The child patted her stomach so SinB lifted the child’s shirt, pressing lightly at her distended belly.

“It’s just constipation.”

SinB nodded to the worried mother, whose worry wrinkles disappeared.

“What’s constipayshun?”

“You’ve got poo stuck in you. Here, drink this magical pink potion, you’ll feel better after you go to the bathroom later.”

“It’s gonna taste bad, I know it.”

“Hm? No it won’t, here, let me make it better. Tongdaritororong, hwirihwirijjan! Go on, drink it.”

SinB quickly pinched the child’s nose as she drank the medicine. Quickly catching her attention with some ‘shalala’ hand motions, she did a bit of magic, waving her hands until a lollipop appeared. Smiling, she handed the child the lollipop.

“Woah! Thank you Dr. Shawing!”

“Go to the bathroom more often alright?”

“Really, thank you doctor. I’m sorry it was such a simple problem taking up your time.”

“No, it’s fine. It’s better to have many small fixable problems rather than big unsolved problems right? I’m glad it’s just constipation.”

SinB smiled and waved until the door slid shut, slumping down in her seat. Huffing a sigh, she picked up her clipboard.

“....last one.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hello, I’m here to just do a quick check up.”

When she looked up from her clipboard, she was puzzled. Where was her patient? She stepped outside and waved a nurse down.

“Is the patient in that room out somewhere?”

“Hm? Jung Yerin-ssi? No, she should still be in there, she hasn’t come out yet.”

“Yet?”

“She likes to sit out here and chat everybody.”

“Eh? But she’s just a food poisoning patient? Why is she here for so long?”

“She has weak intestines, comes by almost every two months for a good week stay.”

SinB frowned but thanked the nurse and went back into the room.

“Jung Yerin-ssi?”

“Omo!”

The patient was in the bathroom.

“Uh sorry, should I come back later?”

“No no, I’ll be right out.”

SinB hummed and sat outside in the hallway, feeling awkward to be in the room by herself. Moments later, as SinB was checking her clipboard, a pale face popped in front of her.

“Are you the doctor doing my check?”

“Omo!”

SinB accidentally hit the back of her head on the sanitizer box above her head on the wall. Wincing in pain, she rubbed it and adjusted her pony tail.

“Oops, sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.’

SinB nodded and followed her into the room, prepping for her check up by rolling up her sleeves a bit.

“I’m just going to feel your stomach, check your temperature and what not. Lay down.”

Yerin pouted and SinB was slightly flustered at her next words.

“Aw, are you not going to do what you usually do?”

“Usually?”

SinB yelped as she felt Yerin reach under her coat and pull something from her back pocket. Her bright pink plastic fairy wand she used to woo children with.

“You know, ‘I’m a magical doctor fairy who can make your oos go away, Shawing!’”

SinB blushed and reached to grab it back.

“Man, I was really looking forwards to seeing you smile at me, pretty doctor. Hey pretty doctor, can you do it for me? Hm? Please?”

“My name is SinB not pretty doctor.”

“Your badge says Eunbi.”

“I go by SinB.”

“Okay Shawing!”

Giving up on the wand, SinB pushed Yerin down to lay properly before lifting her shirt to check. Feeling about she hummed.

“You’re a bit ten-“

“Tender in some areas, means bad stool I know.”

SinB sighed and backed off, holding up a thermometer for Yerin to take. Reading all the other monitors in the room, she recorded the information before turning to take the thermometer from Yerin, her eyes widened to find Yerin mere centimeters from her face. Yerin’s eyes curved into cute crescents as SinB tried to stay calm. Breathe. Quickly grabbing the thermometer and recording the numbers, she watched that Yerin spat out the sleeve in the trash.

“You know, you’re really pretty.”

“Please do not flirt with your doctor.”

“We’re both girls, no one sees it as flirting but you and me.”

SinB gasped as Yerin lifted her chin with a finger, cheekily grinning. Taking several steps back, she corrected the scratched out marks on her clipboard.

“Ne, doc, how old are you?”

“Turning 20 this year.”

“Wow, so young.”

In the corner of her eyes, she watched as Yerin skipped around, settling on the window sill, looking out her small window.

“I’m older than you,  by 2 years.”

“What, you want me to call you unnie? Heck no.”

“Aw, come on! Not as a doctor, but as a cutie, call me unnie!”

Yerin laughed as SinB groaned, but she had a small smile on her face. Seeing SinB signing in the general location of the last signature of her checkup form, Yerin strode over, sighing.

“Well, I guess your job here is done.”

“Indeed it is.”

“Hey, can I request you to be my checkup doctor?”

“Do whatever you want.”

“Come on, please?”

“‘I said, do whatever you want.”

“I just want to hear you say yes in this world full of no.”

“Fine, I’ll answer your next question with a yes.”

“Hurray!”

Yerin stepped up close to SinB and took her pen and clipboard away, smiling widely.

“You promise you’ll say yes?”

“Yes. That was your question.”

SinB collected her clipboard as Yerin slapped her own mouth gently. Seeing the older girl pouting, SinB couldn’t help but smile.

“If I get assigned to checking you again tomorrow, I’ll answer you another yes.”

Yerin instantly brightened.

“Really?!”

But SinB just smiled and waved goodbye.