some day

Nayeon's children

Dahyun lay there, her whole body relaxed, her tail swishing lazily next to her. Another day, another soaking in the sunlight.

Until thunder roared and she jumped up to run back inside.

“Aw, why is the weather so temperamental? It was so sunny just a while ago….”

She held her tail and walked further into the house.

“Thunder is no fun. Rain is no fun. CLOUDS ARE AN ABOMINATION!”

Throwing herself on the cushions in the bedroom, she lay dejectedly. With her center of mass on the middle of the cushion and her head lolling over the edge, if Mina didn’t know better, she would’ve jumped in fear because of the horror-esque scene.

“Ah Mina unnie.”

Dahyun sat up immediately, Mina was slightly afraid of the booming noise called thunder, maybe this time it was finally her turn to care for the fluffy penguin of a nuko?

Getting up to hold Mina’s hand, she peeked at Mina’s expression when another one cracked.

The ballerina’s expression revealed nothing but Dahyun noticed a twitch in her ear.

“Mina unnie? Should I get Momo unnie?”

Mina shook her head and held Dahyun’s hand tightly, but not painfully. Pulling the resident tofu to the beds, she curled in one of the bigger ones, pulling Dahyun to lay with her. Once comfortable, Mina hugged Dahyun’s arm.

“Are we trying to sleep away the storm?”

Mina nodded and Dahyun smiled her derpy smile.

“Sleep well Mina unnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Momo wandered the house, the thunder was still ringing really really loudly through their spacious house. Nayeon had asked if they wanted a sound proofed room but then decided against it if they ever got trapped inside it, this would have been the only time that it would be helpful.

“Minari? Doko?” (where are you?)

She wandered down the hallway to the bedroom, spotting her best friend, she relaxed when she noticed that Mina was sleeping.

Tucking into a bed nearby, Momo watched over them until she fell asleep. Momo only was motherlike when Mina was scared after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“CHAENG!”

“WHAT HYUNG!”

“GET ME THE SWORD! WE’RE THIS CLOSE TO GETTING IT!”

The two nukos jumped when a third voice screamed at them.

“SHUSH! You guys are literally two feet away from each other, stop yelling.”

Jeongyeon was frozen on her spot on a cereal box, her arms reaching up towards a handle for a cupboard. Chaeyoung was on the counter nearby Jeongyeon.

“Wait a second.”

Nayeon stepped closer and opened the cupboard that was the nojam nukos were after.

“Hah, so you thought you could raid my kitchen eh?”

That cupboard happened to be the one cupboard where Jeongyeon’s addiction was in. Nuko candied snacks.

“You don’t get any for this whole week.”

“Eh? I didn’t even get to smell it.”

Chaeyoung quietly stepped away from the scene of the crime, hurriedly scurrying away on the railings.

“No, you’re addicted and I’m going to get rid of these as fast as I can.”

“But!”

“No buts.”

Nayeon waved the bag of the candies in front of Jeongyeon’s face before leaving to give it to the other nukos.

“Who wants a hard candy?”

Jeongyeon watched defeated on the counter as she watched her fellow nukos heartlessly eating the snack.

“Nayeon unnie can’t you just give it to me one last time? Hm? Please?”

Nayeon stared at Jeongyeon’s pouty face, the nuko always proclaimed that she wasn’t cute and all but she did just fine using day to day aegyo.

“If you can make a heart with your tail I will.”

“What? That’s impossible! I only have one tail! NOT TWO!”

Sana walked past with a crooked tail that vaguely resembled a heart.

“Look, Sana can do it.”

Being the extra queen she is, Sana did a hair flip at Jeongyeon before getting hissed at. Jeongyeon growled lightly before pouting as the Japanese extra queen left.

“Nayeon unnie~ please?”

Nayeon faltered, it was often Jeongyeon begged for something. Holding a candy in her fingers she halted in her tracks.

“Woah that was close, I almost gave it to you.”

Nayeon looked away and began to play with the other nukos, rubbing them behind their ears and fluffing their tails.

Jeongyeon pouted, it made her sad. She was never to taste that candy ever again. With the childish tears springing in her eyes, she sat down on the counter and began to reflect.

“I shouldn’t have tried to get one.”

“You know it wouldn’t have been one.”

“I know.”

Nayeon ruffled Jeongyeon’s hair before pinching one ear harshly.

“OW!”

“There, lesson learnt. This is the last time okay? Until I decide to buy it again.”

Jeongyeon nodded furiously, anything for one last taste of heaven.