camera origins

Nayeon's children

“Dahyun ah! Dahyun?”

Jihyo sighed as the curious tofu of a nuko kept ignoring her, playing with the camera that they had pulled from Nayeon’s office.

“DAHYUN!”

“DUBU!”

Sana had joined in as the other nukos watched as she climbed all over the dslr. Peeking in the lens, pressing at the buttons with her palms, her eyes widened as she found the power button.

“Dahyun ah, this is why we don’t let you play with this when ever we take it out.”

Jeongyeon lay there lazily in her throne, after several tries of filming what Jihyo called a feudal Romeo and Juliet scene, it was finally time to actually film it. Nayeon was out, they weren’t doing anything they weren’t supposed to, being indoors, Mina even allowed them to do it.

The only thing stopping them now was that Dahyun wouldn’t let go of the camera. Clinging to the camera by hanging on to the straps, the other nukos struggled to separate her from the dslr.

“Dahyun ah! Please! I’ll let you play with it later!”

“Fine.”

Letting go of the strap, the nukos fell backwards in a pile, Jeongyeon giggled at them struggling to get off each other.

“Come on! Places everyone!”

Jeongyeon sighed as Dahyun sat behind the camera, watching as Jihyo taught Momo how to operate it.

“Ready? Action!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I really couldn’t believe you would do that for me.”

“What are you talking about? There’s nothing out there that can stop me from coming to you.”

“And cut!”

Jihyo ran back to the camera to see how they did, only to realize that Momo never hit record.

“MOMO!”

The poor dancer ran for her life, Jeongyeon drooped in her position. She had to do this again?

Mina just giggled silently to herself, the only indication of her giggling was that the light she was holding up was casting shaking shadows.

Tzuyu sighed and slumped down in her seat. Again.

Again.

Again.

How many times did she have to play the Juliet role?

“Jeongyeon unnie?”

“What is it Tzuyu?”

“I don’t want to do this anymore for today.”

“Same.”

“Can we run please?”

Jeongyeon glanced at Mina who had heard everything. The ballet dancer tipped her ears in agreement. Pretending she slipped, the lights all switched off and ‘Romeo and Juliet’ disappeared.

“AISH!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After cooling down from the day’s events, Dahyun was finally allowed to touch the camera again. She peered into the lens again and again, curious as to how it was able to capture images and videos.

“It can take videos because it just takes tons of photos and plays them at high speed.”

“Oh! Nayeon unnie! Welcome home.”

Nayeon chuckled and ruffled Dahyun’s hair, smoothing the fur on the backs of her ears. An appreciatively purr escaped and Dahyun rubbed her head against Nayeon’s hand.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute today Dubu~!”

Pressing a kiss to Dahyun’s cheek, Nayeon gave her a final nuzzle before leaving to put away her things.

Flipping through the menu screen of the dslr, she found a folder titled baby.

Opening it, she flipped through several photos of nature before stopping on one picture of a very familiar nuko.

It was baby Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked to be several days old, her ears flat against her head as she slept, curled up against a much younger looking Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon had her tail wrapped around Chaeyoung’s tiny frame, the two in the dreamland together.

“Ah, I see you found the baby pictures.”

Nayeon had returned and sat next to the table where Dahyun was playing on.

“If you keep going, you’ll see when you first came to me.”

True to her words, after a few more pictures of Chaeyoung, the Japanese trio came and then it was her.

Sat upright in Nayeon’s parent’s hands, staring with wide and curious eyes right at the lens.

“Wait, I’ve always stared at the camera?”

“Yep.”

Nayeon kissed the back of Dahyun’s head as she stared at herself, her tail flicked out and touched Nayeon’s face, tickling her a bit.

“You don’t remember?”

“No.”

“Well, I had to put away all the cameras for a while, you wanted to eat them for some reason.”

“Eat them?”

“Yea, you’d drool all over them. Maybe you were just drooled a lot and you were around the cameras a lot, but that’s the only reason why I couldn’t keep them out anymore haha.”

“Ooops.”

“Haha, it’s alright. You’re older now, I can let you play with them.”

Dahyun climbed up to Nayeon’s shoulder, nuzzling into her neck.

“Unnie, can we go through all the pictures?”

“Of course.”

================

I'm still a little sick....but better :)