I want to learn to read

Nayeon's children

“If you just fix this and this structure, I think that it’ll all be fine.”

Nayeon nodded and tacked away at her keyboard, her inner fangirl squealing at their proximity. Sowon was her partner for peer editing, and she was just sitting so close!

“Thanks, that really helps.”

“No problem, if there’s anything else you need just ask.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The door to their mansion burst open and Nayeon ran inside with her hand on her heart.

“Oh, my gay heart.”

She lay down on the couch hugging a heart pillow and squealed into it.

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa, oh my gushies. KIDSSSS I NEED TO TALK WITH YOU GAYS.”

Hearing the small tapping of her nukos running down the halls, she sat up properly on the couch to make space for them.

“What’s up Nayeon unnie?”

Holding Jeongyeon and forcefully kissing her on the cheek, Nayeon sighed as she rubbed each of their ears, enjoying the softness that is their fur.

“Update on the pretty lady.”

“OOOOO did you hold hands?”

Nayeon laughed, of course her children would start there.

“No, but we did sit really close to each other and talked about our projects.”

Jihyo’s tail drooped and Nayeon grinned, running her hand down its length, making it follow along to her movements.

“That’s it?”

“That’s all. What did you expect?”

Jihyo just walked away from Nayeon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon’s love love council:

“Jihyo unnie, our Nayeon unnie doesn’t seem like she’ll ever get closer.”

“I know. They only interact when the class requires it, she’ll never get her heart.”

Her ears flicked and her tail swished indignantly.

“We need to make an operation on how to make Nayeon at least say hi to her in the halls.”

Mina just sat there and watched the whole procession of the nukos bouncing ideas off each other. Chaeyoung yawned and leaned on her shoulder.

Jeongyeon was playing with a small ball of yarn, kicking it around and smacking with her hands, keeping it away from Sana’s hands.

“So, we need to convince Nayeon unnie to ask her out to coffee?”

“Yep.”

Tzuyu sighed and curled up on the cushion on the couch. Her tail wrapping around to her face, hiding her eyes to sleep.

“Are we eating yet?”

Dahyun shook her head, hoping that Momo would not go after her dumpling hairstyle in a hunger induced madness state.

Mina twiddled her fingers before reaching with her tail to pull a blanket just out of her arm’s reach to cover Chaeyoung.

With the blanket secured around Chaeyoung’s smol body, she the younger’s tiger striped ears gently, humming super quietly to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kids? I’m done with my homework now? Play with me?”

As she stepped into the room, she spotted Mina blinking her eyes sleepily. She went over and pet her head softly.

“You can go to sleep hun.”

Mina nodded, giving a short purr and rubbed her cheek against Nayeon’s hand before laying down with Chaeyoung.

Once Nayeon had enough time to stare at Mina’s beautiful sleeping face, she looked over to see Jihyo reading a book to Tzuyu.

“Do you want me to read it to you guys instead?”

“Yes please.”

“But I was teaching Tzuyu. Don’t take her from me.”

“We’re going to go downstairs together, don’t wake the others.”

Jihyo nodded reluctantly and stepped into Nayeon’s open hand, Tzuyu already in Nayeon’s hold with her little book.

They got settled in the downstairs living room with the book in Nayeon’s lap with the two nukos sitting on her thighs.

“Oh? The Little Prince?”

“I wanted to learn how to read.”

“And I liked The Little Prince’s story, so I wanted to teach her using that book.”

“But this book has a lot of hard words.”

“I’ll be fine unnie.”