hot springs pt 3

Nayeon's children

Nayeon sighed as she pulled Sana up by the back of her robe, the hood of the robe with the perfect cut outs for the nuko ears falling back from Sana’s head as she flailed around.

“Sana calm down please.”

“I’m sowwy.”

Hearing a yelp, Dahyun looked up at the nuko who yelped, easily distinguishable by tone.

“Sana unnie?”

Nayeon had a mischievous grin on her face and Sana was holding her head with her hands, rubbing at her crown. In Nayeon’s other hand was a cracked black egg.

“Huh? It’s black?”

“WA! IT’S FROM HAKONE!”

“Hakone?”

Dahyun stared curiously as Momo ran up to Nayeon with her hands out in front, asking for one.

“Can I have one please?”

“Only if you explain to little Dahyunie what this is.”

Momo quickly bounded over and held both of Dahyun’s hands, looking her in the eye.

“OK! So, these black eggs are eggs that are boiled in the sulfur vents in a place called Owakudani yea? It turns black because of the sulfur and iron and supposedly eating one adds seven years to your life span! But eating more than two will give you bad luck! NOW GIMME!”

Nayeon giggled as she handed the bouncing blonde a fresh black egg.

“I had them imported this morning so they’re as fresh as the previous twelve hours got it? We still have dinner to eat later, you only get to eat one each alright?”

Momo quickly scurried up Nayeon’s jacket and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you unnie, ai eru yo.”

“Love you too little dancer.”

Then the other nukos burst out laughing once Momo ran off with her black egg in hand.

“What? What is it kids?”

Nayeon was very confused until Mina ran over to a mirror and pointed. Stepping over with Sana still laughing in her grip, she looked into the mirror, not noticing the difference until Mina pointed it out. A small black kiss print on far side of her cheek.

“What the….MOMO! COME BACK HERE!”

The nukos laughed harder as Nayeon finally let go of Sana to chase after the other Japanese blonde.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon was still sleeping when Chaeyoung woke up. The sun had just begun to peek over the mountains in the distance and she had no way of falling sleep again.

Usually, if Chaeyoung had an issue with falling asleep, another nuko or Nayeon would help her by rubbing a spot behind her ears or just petting her hair in a soothing manner to put her back to sleep. Sometimes, Nayeon even tried to find the pressure points in her wrists to try and put Chaeyoung to sleep, but the best remedy was still petting her hair.

Seeing as the others were far from waking she decided to wait it out, maybe she’d fall asleep soon, or maybe someone would wake soon. Curling into the side of her temporary sleeping buddy, Tzuyu, she tried to fall asleep by closing her eyes and burying her face in the soft blankets.

But sometimes, it just bothers her, that this wasn’t her blanket. ‘Ignore it Chaeyoung ah, you’re in a hotel, of course it isn’t your blanket.’

Feeling a shuffle next to her, she froze. Did she accidentally wake Tzuyu? Hearing a small grumble, she remained very still as Tzuyu rolled over and threw an arm over Chaeyoung’s back, holding her closely.

Once Tzuyu stopped moving and her breath evened out again. Chaeyoung peeked up to see if Tzuyu was really asleep, wiggling her tail in front of Tzuyu’s eyes to make extra sure.

Puffing a small breath of relief, she snuggled a little closer to her same aged friend. Maybe just body warmth would be enough today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nayeon yawned as she woke up to the sun shining on her face, her first thought was to hiss like a vampire and the sunlight was burning her alive, but the first sight of her nukos stopped her. Chaeyoung was sound asleep tucked under Tzuyu’s chin, Jihyo with half her blanket on her stomach, her right leg stretched at an awkward angle. The J trio were sleeping together, both the blondes holding each of Mina’s hands as she was tucked under the blanket, her face completely hidden by the blanket while Momo and Sana were each just keeping one foot under the blanket. Jeongyeon lying flat on her front so completely still that Nayeon would have worried that the nuko had suffocated in her sleep or something but the slight twitch of the tomboy nuko’s tail made her breathe again.

Where was Dahyun?

Searching her vicinity, she checked the entire bed and under the pillows and towels and blankets. But the little camera addict couldn’t be found.

“Dahyun ah~ where are you?”

She searched the hotel room before realizing where Dahyun was.

“Wait.”

Throwing open her suitcase that she had left ped the night before, she found the nuko she was looking for, tucked into clothes that Nayeon had packed for this trip, all wrapped up in Nayeon’s spare jackets.

Reaching to ruffle Dahyun’s hair to wake her, Nayeon chuckled before moving to wake the rest of the nukos.

“Wakey wakey, it’s morning children.”