Jihyo's morning

Nayeon's children

Jihyo watched on her perch on the window sill.

A dove was drinking from the water fountain, a pigeon pecking at their freshly mowed lawn. How did Jihyo know it was freshly mown? Because the gardener woke her up early in the morning at 6am when he drove his commercial sized lawn mower around.

Trotting her way to the kitchen, she sat down next to the fridge as she waited for Nayeon to wake up, it was a school day and that meant an early breakfast or no breakfast at all if the nukos didn’t wake early enough. Of course, they had an emergency food dispenser, which the lazy nukos always abused by taking them for snacks but Nayeon made sure to put only the healthiest treats inside that.

“Nayeon unnie~ wakey wakey~”

Jihyo swung her legs as she hummed to herself, it was her morning routine, waiting for the sun to rise, hating the gardener and lastly waiting for her morning serving of yogurt.

Her stomach grumbled a little and Jihyo twisted her tail around her waist, as if covering it from making more noises.

“Almost, almost and Nayeonie unnie will be awake.”

A few more minutes later, a groggy Nayeon entered the kitchen, rubbing her eyes as her messy hair covered half her face.

“Morning Jihyo.”

“Morning unnie!”

Jihyo smiled brightly as Nayeon pulled out her favorite tub of yogurt and scooped a decent amount into Jihyo’s favorite red bowl.

“I don’t know how you’re so addicted to this stuff.”

“I don’t know how you’re not.”

They giggled as Jihyo hugged her bowl of yogurt, waiting for Nayeon to give her a spoon as the human poured a cup of milk before closing the fridge door.

Given her spoon, Jihyo happily scooped her cold treat carefully. Nayeon smiled as she waited for the microwave to heat her milk, a hand reaching to scratch behind Jihyo’s kitty ears.

While Jihyo’s ears flicked at Nayeon’s touch, the nuko was still fully focused on her yogurt.

“I’m going to be out late today okay? If you get hungry, you know where the emergency dispenser is but don’t eat too much, I won’t be too late.”

Jihyo gave a short purr as acknowledgement before Nayeon moved away.

Finishing her yogurt, she carefully lowered her bowl and spoon into the sink before filling it with water so Nayeon could clean it easier when she got back.

“I’ll be leaving now, be good okay?”

Jihyo purred as Nayeon kissed her head, her tail swishing out to touch Nayeon’s cheek lightly. Dressed in her favorite khaki pants, Nayeon stepped out the front door, leaving with one last wave.

“I wonder when Nayeon unnie had the time to fix her hair like that.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tzuyu wandered out of the bedroom, rubbing her eyes and running a hand through her long hair. Her tail flicked behind her lazily as she wandered into the kitchen slowly.

“Morning Tzuyu ah.”

“Morning Jihyo unnie. Did I miss breakfast?”

Jihyo waited as Tzuyu yawned widely with a smile.

“Yea, by five minutes, Nayeon unnie went out early today.”

“Oh. Okay then.”

Jihyo watched with a small smile as Tzuyu stepped over to the treat dispenser and grabbed several servings of the health cereal.

“Should you be eating that much?”

“Everyday should start with a healthy and hearty breakfast.”

Jihyo giggled as Tzuyu ate the bland tasting cereal without making a face. Truly a master.

“What should we play today Tzuyu ah? Nayeon unnie said she’ll be a little late for lunch too.”

“Should we watch a movie?”

“Which one?”

“Anything you want.”

Jihyo grinned and sat down next to the taller nuko, leaning gently.

“Then can we watch Up?”

“Of course.”

Behind them, their tails intertwined lightly, sometimes making hearts as they twisted and untwisted.