mafia game

Nayeon's children

Taking turns to shower, the nukos played on the counter in the bathroom, the shower isolated on the part of the counter blocked by a curtain.

Gathered around in a circle, Jeongyeon lead the others in a game of mafia.

"Everyone close your eyes, I'm going to pick the three mafias now."

Jeongyeon watched as multiple sets of ears twitched as she walked by, it was a great honor to be the game master, but by now, Jeongyeon has since learned that the others choosing her to be game master was simply because she walked quietly enough for their sensitive ears to not pick up where she went to pick.

Including the sound of running water, Jeongyeon grinned as she tapped three nuko's heads.

"I'll now pick the police."

Dodging an excited swishing tail, she held her breath to hold in her giggles.

"I'm now picking the doctor."

Tapping Mina on the head, she included a quick ruffle of the silent nuko's bangs.

"Everyone, heads up, it's morning."

The nukos looked at each other carefully. Unsure of how to play the mafia game, Sowon's nukos, looked awkwardly around the circle, unsure of how to act.

Jihyo snickered as she deduced that the five nukos were innocents, glancing to her left, she giggled as she saw who her suspects were. Chaeyoung just stared into space, Mina as silent as always, Momo's eyes seemed to dart around. Taking initiative, she clapped her hands.

"Hey, take it easy, it's not that difficult. The first night, we'll just let it pass without eliminating anyone. Let's each take turns and declare our roles."

Going around in the circle, Jihyo stared at the nukos as they each responded with a "I'm innocent" of sorts.

"Time's up, it's now night. Everyone close your eyes. Mafia raise your heads."

Jeongyeon hummed and made sure she had the right person.

"Mafia heads down. Police, raise your head. Who do you want to investigate?"

Signaling to the police nuko, Jeongyeon nodded before continuing.

"Police, head down. Doctor, head up. Who do you want to save?"

Mina carefully looked around, only moving her beautiful eyes around the circle, picking Chaeyoung, she smiled as Jeongyeon grinned.

"Doctor head down."

Jeongyeon waited a few seconds to make sure that everyone's heads were down, then when she said heads up, everyone would lift at the same time, not noticing who's head was already up.

"It is now morning, unfortunately, while she was playing with her food, Momo choked on a bone and died. In food that wasn't supposed to be dangerous, the mafia had snuck that very bone in, to kill her."

A collective gasp happened and an exaggerated Momo choked and fell backwards holding . Jeongyeon giggled as she dragged Momo's limp body off to the side where the dancer sat back up against the wall.

"I...."

Sana spoke up carefully, not wanting to draw attention, but things had to move on somehow.

"I think the mafia is Jihyo."

"What? Why?"

Jihyo calmly tried to asses Sana's accusation.

"Because, if I remember correctedly, she annoyed you the other day. Isn't that a motive?"

"Hey, I didn't do it."

"Can you prove that you didn't do it?"

Jihyo bit her lip, what could she say? What could she say that would prove her innocence? All she had was her role, and her wit.

"Because I am the police, I checked Jihyo and she's innocent."

They all looked at Yuju in shock.

"You're really the police?"

"Yes."

Yuju smirked a little and posed coolly with an imaginary detective hat.

"Should she have exposed herself this early?" Murmurs happened around the circle and several chats between selective nukos occured.

"It is the end of the day, will you kill anyone?"

"I vote for Sana."

"Eh? Nande?"

"We should try, I think. Even if it's a wild guess."

"Eh?"

"Then, those in favor, raise your hand."

Counting a total of six hands, Jeongyeon nodded.

"Sana is now eliminated."

The little blonde huffed and went over to Momo's side, side hugging each other, they observed the game to continue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It is now night, who will you eliminate?"

By now, only Yerin, Eunha, Jihyo, Mina, and Tzuyu were left alive. Jihyo knew according to the death of their self proclaimed police officer, that either Mina or Eunha were mafias, Tzuyu seemed to be innocent, Yerin was unreadable.

"The doctor must be dead now, since she hasn't saved anyone the last few rounds, and since our police, who we think was Yuju is dead."

"Jihyo unnie pick one, I'll support you."

She looked at Tzuyu with a small smile.

"Thanks Tzuyu ah, but I can't pick."

"Then is no one going to be eleiminated?"

The remaining nukos nodded and Jeongyeon signaled them to put their heads down.

"Mafia raise your heads. Who will you eliminate?

Head down, police raise your head. Who will you investigate?

head down, doctor raise your head, who will you save?"

Mina bit her lip as she looked around, the last three rounds, she accidentally saved the people that didn't get picked. Shooting a glance at the eliminated area, she saw Sana grinning. Crinkling her eyebrows a little, she picked Yerin.

"Head down.

It is now morning, everyone heads up. During the passage of night, no one died."

Internally, Mina cheered, this meant, that Yerin unnie was an innocent for sure.

"The doctor is alive....Jihyo unnie you said that they were dead."

Jihyo was confused, the way that Tzuyu looked at her with such disappointment made guilt curl in her stomach.

"I was wrong? Maybe the doctor kept saving the wrong person? Sorry."

"I can't..."

"The end of the day is-"

Tzuyu cut Jeongyeon off.

"We don't need more time, it's Jihyo unnie."

"Alright, all in favor, raise your hands."

Seeing three hands, Jihyo sighed and moved herself to the group of eliminated, immediately seeking the comfort of her fellow nukos. Momo patted Jihyo's head for her, taking care to massage the nuko ears on top.

"The mafia wins."

"EH?!"

Jihyo shot up, there should have been one more round left? How was it the end? Momo jumped up at the end, nearly knocking Jihyo over.

"SHOW YOURSELF MAFIA! I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY!"

Sana scooted a little bit away from her bestfriend, raising her hand with her head lowered.

"YOU!?"

Looking over at the last four players not in the eliminated zone, Eunha and Tzuyu raised their hands.

"BAKANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" (impossible!)

Jeongyeon laughed as she watched Jihyo roll around, wailing about her wrong predictions. She also noticed Mina's spaced out expression.

"Did you really not know they were the mafia? Mina."

"No...."

Jeongyeon chuckled and ruffled Mina's hair lightly.

"For a person who like playing games the most, reading people is unsurprisingly your weak point."

Mina just gave a sad smile.

"Wait then who was the police? And who was the doctor?"

Yuju raised her hand with a pout.

"I really was the police....."

Mina raised her hand whilst hugging Jeongyeon, hiding her face in the taller nuko's shoulder.

"Ah MOU! Forget it, I'm going to shower."

They all giggled at Momo's frustrations.