waiting

Nayeon's children

Nayeon was sitting on the couch, body completely relaxed, her hands petting her nuko's hair.

Hearing a group of footsteps crossing the bridges, she looked up. Seeing all of Sowon's nukos running towards the door, she checked the clock, it wasn't time for Sowon to return yet.

"What are you guys doing?"

"We're gonna wait for Sowon unnie together up here, it's just twenty minutes."

Nayeon felt warmth in her, the fact that Sowon's nukos cared so much for their owner that they would wait by the doorway for her everyday, it was an amazing feat.

"Yah, why won't you guys do that for me? Do you love me less?"

"Ani, Unnie is just okay with the way we do things."

"Am I? What if I wasn't?"

"Then you'd tell us, and we'd listen."

Nayeon just chuckled and ruffled Tzuyu's hair softly, rubbing behind her nuko ears, drawing a content purr from her youngest nuko.

"Then, I'd like you guys to show some more affection, even when it's not winter."

"Not winter?"

"Yea, since, during winter, you're all already stuck to me for body warmth when I don't turn on the heater."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umji listened carefully from her spot on the shelf by the doorway, her hands linked with Eunha's and Yuju.

"They're cute."

"Me?" Eunha winked.

"Who?" Yuju tilted her head, making Eunha pout.

"Ah, I didn't mean who are you, I meant who Umji thought was cute."

"That doesn't make it better!"

Umji giggled and kissed Eunha's cheek, sating her unnie for a little while.

"I was talking about Nayeon unnie and her kids. They seem to have a very chill relationship, but you can still tell that they love each other a lot."

Sitting comfortably in a row, Yuju began to sing, Eunha following along, Umji harmonizing to the best of her ability. SinB just stayed quietly by Yerin's side.

"You sing really well, Yuju yah."

"Thank you Nayeon unnie."

"You also sing very well Eunha."

"Of course my bestie sings well!"

Sana jumped from Nayeon's head to the shelf, landing next to Eunha sloppily.

"Yah! What would you have done if you missed!?"

"You would catch me, wouldn't you unnie?"

Nayeon bit back another remark, reminding herself that she was in front of Sowon's kids.

"I would, but what if I couldn't? Then what would happen? You'd get hurt. Don't do it again."

Sana was about to make a retort when a hand stopped her on her shoulder.

"You should listen to Nayeon unnie more."

"Buuuuuut Eunhaaaaaaaa."

"No buts, apologize. If I did that, Sowon unnie would ignore me for three hours, you don't want to experience that, trust me."

Sana pouted and apologized to Nayeon and promised not to do it again with her ears pressed to the top of her head, her tail hung low.

"Cheer up bestie, here, lets wait for Sowon unnie together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kids? I'm home!"

"Sowon unnie!"

Sowon grunted as she caught her nukos jumping into ehr arms.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys not to do that? It's dangerous."

"A lot of times!"

Yuju giggled as Sowon rubbed a thumb to her back.

"Sowon, welcome back. How was work?"

Sowon turned slightly red before stuttering an answer.

"U-um, it was fine. Nothing really special, just a day of sorting books."

Placing her nukos on the counter, Sowon washed her hands before putting on an apron.

"So, what should we have for dinner?"

"No, you don't have to cook Sowon ah. I brought dinner."

Sowon paused before taking off her apron, setting it aside once more.

"Then what are you doing not eating already?  Come on, let's hurry."

As Nayeon ate, she observed Sowon taking care for the nukos, not only just her own nukos, but Nayeon's as well. Making sure they had enough water, scolding them for eating too fast, "ahem, momo stop stuffing your face so much."

"Bu-"

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

Momo glared at Umji, the younger nuko returned her glare.

"Table manners, ever heard of it?"

Letting a small growl, Momo tensed her muscles, her tail standing straight and fluffed out. Nayeon sighed and swatted the top of Momo's head.

"Yah, be nice. She's right too, you need to eat properly, otherwise you digestion will be ruined."

Holding the top of her head and pouting, Momo grumbled under her breath.

"What was that missy?"

"Nothing. I'm sorry."

Umji grinned wamrly.

"Don't worry, I was only suggesting, not forcing. Sorry if I tried to intimidate you, its instictual."

"Instinctual?"

"Possessiveness, you guys are all sloppy, making Sowon unnie care more about you guys then playing with me."

Sowon cooed and kissed Umji's cheek quickly.

"You cutie."